• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

The idea that Levy is suddenly going to become beholden to Mendes is just bizarre. The shrewd man that almost everyone recognises as (and the masses criticise for) having a close hold on the minutiae of every single transfer in and out of the club is not only going to hand over responsibility to Paratici, but is going to sit back and watch dodgy deal after dodgy deal being agreed potentially to the detriment of club? That's not going to happen.

I know that, you know it, DL knows it, let's just hope our new dof and manager knows it.
Will be a short tenure for either of them if they don't.

A decent appointment, let's give him our support.

I'm just slightly concerned about this quote from Levy;

"I believe Nuno is the man who can take our talented group of players, embrace our young players coming through and build something special."

This suggests he thinks the squad is good enough. Preparing us for a quiet window perhaps?

He's hardly likely to say we need to shift some deadwood is he.

Welcome Nuno you have my support 100%.
fudge any of the haters who spout negativity before you’re even installed. Onwards & upwards COYS

Well said but do not hold your breath on that.

Welcome to the best team in football Nuno, lets hope we can all get behind him/you and stop the moaning that has been going on, but sadly there are already a few bitching about you.:(

Welcome to Nuno. Let's hope everyone can get behind him, and those that can't (the #notonuno lot for a start) can at least keep their silence or keep away. We need a good crowd, no distractions (including the Levy/Enic out stuff), when the season starts.

I enjoyed watching Wolves when they came up to the PL, they were exciting, attacking and Nuno got a lot praise for the way they played. So there's no reason why he can't do similar with a better squad. I'm looking forward to having him onboard.

Could not agree more.

The idea that Levy is suddenly going to become beholden to Mendes is just bizarre. The shrewd man that almost everyone recognises as (and the masses criticise for) having a close hold on the minutiae of every single transfer in and out of the club is not only going to hand over responsibility to Paratici, but is going to sit back and watch dodgy deal after dodgy deal being agreed potentially to the detriment of club? That's not going to happen.
Exactly. It’s like when people were saying Redknapp was going to bankrupt Spurs:D….

Well thank fudge that's over!
Obviously this wasn't the first choice and with the short contract does have the feel of a stop gap appointment.
I've got a feeling though that Nuno could end up being a real fan favourite if we just give him a bit of time, he certainly has the charisma and there's just something about the bloke that says future cult status, but I'm getting ahead of myself.
Anyway welcome to the mighty THFC Nuno and best of luck.

Massively underwhelming to be honest. I think i'd have been underwhelmed before the Poch and Conte chat, so to come after that, definitely a bit 'meh'.

That being said, it's done, he's our guy, gets 100% of the backing. COYS.

It's worth bearing in mind that Nuno has a decent win percentage wherever he has managed. Like @DeanoAustin says I wish it had been done sooner but I feel quite positive about him. Depends now what happens to the squad. Can we convince Kane to give us another season? If not and we sell him would love us to go in for Grealish and a striker like Ings.

Remind me of Wolves last season, what happened? Seemed like NES was totally drained of spirit and his team were poor, from what I remember. Always looking ashen faced and tired in post match interviews.

Mostly due to Jota going to Pool and having to replace the injured Jimenez with a massively unready player from Portugal, Fabio Silva (a typical £40m ish for a kid Jorge Mendes over-expensive transfer) who is light years away from a line-leading Prem striker.

Wouldn't be my choice either but I'm looking forward to being proved wrong. In any case, it should make for an interesting start to the season. Let's hope the fans who will be at the ground will give him a chance.

Whatever happens, we should keep in mind that Rome wasn't build in a day. It's going to be a work in progress for much of next season.

Back