• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

It's not even about how fast the players can run. It's about putting the ball in front of them to run onto. I'd rather we sit a little deeper leaving space to run into. Rather than pass it around outside their box waiting for an opportunity.
Again another issue that I have to agree on
But then we don’t know how much was Jose, how much was the players and how much was fitness
Smart players make smart passes
I’ve said for ages we have some really dumb players who have become almost cult like figures because they have some good games

For me, it's not about low block vs high press, negative vs cavalier, or even the speed of the break out of defence (although that is what I remember most from Rednapp's team, and it's the most exhilarating kind of football to watch). I'm just so sick of seeing us cluelessly knock it from one side of the pitch to the other, hopelessly and without creativity or penetration, against teams who set up to defend against us. A lot of that is about not having the right players - without Dembele's barrelling runs, or Eriksen's intricate passing, we've not been able to have the same impact - but Mourinho didn't address it, and, much as I loved Poch, I saw it a fair bit in his teams (even with Eriksen) in the latter stages of his time with us. Give us a manager who can recruit the players and set the team up to unlock the stubbornest of defences, and I'll support them with all my heart.

Pace is so so so important
It’s what hurt us a lot last season
We had to use Kane’s passing as an alternative route to get the ball forward
Son is fast
Reggie is fast
Rodon is I think
Beyond that…. Ain’t much pace in our team
Rodon is absolute snail's pace. Watch the 2nd Denmark goal tonight for how badly that got exposed. He's great at defending his box, but quite iffy if he ends up further up the pitch

Sanchez is the noteworthy CB with pace

Rodon is absolute snail's pace. Watch the 2nd Denmark goal tonight for how badly that got exposed. He's great at defending his box, but quite iffy if he ends up further up the pitch
He was quick for us when he played
Ive said it before but international football is not a place to judge a player on IMO
If you did you with say that Schtick is better than Kane on recent showings and we know that’s utter gonad*s
But maybe Rodon isnt fast…

For me, it's not about low block vs high press, negative vs cavalier, or even the speed of the break out of defence (although that is what I remember most from Rednapp's team, and it's the most exhilarating kind of football to watch). I'm just so sick of seeing us cluelessly knock it from one side of the pitch to the other, hopelessly and without creativity or penetration, against teams who set up to defend against us. A lot of that is about not having the right players - without Dembele's barrelling runs, or Eriksen's intricate passing, we've not been able to have the same impact - but Mourinho didn't address it, and, much as I loved Poch, I saw it a fair bit in his teams (even with Eriksen) in the latter stages of his time with us. Give us a manager who can recruit the players and set the team up to unlock the stubbornest of defences, and I'll support them with all my heart.

Yeah, you need a ginola or bale for that.

Sanchez is the noteworthy CB with pace
Sanchez really isn’t that fast
He looks it but he hasn’t shown much recovery speed at all

The Sun and The Athletic both reporting that Potter not interested in coming to us (although, if true, it seems the feeling is mutual).
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15404444/tottenham-next-manager-graham-potter-brighton/
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15404444/tottenham-next-manager-graham-potter-brighton/

No disrespect to Potter, as I think he is a good manager and would do well for us, but if this were to be true and he really didnt have any interest in joining us then its pretty damning for where we are as a club. That said, I'm not sure I believe this

IMO, the only manager that would turn us down, is one with a better offer. Levy has proved with Poch that a manager will be given time if successful, and a challenge for the league or CL is feasible. He also showed that he's prepared to pay £15m/yr with Mourinho. Post stadium, pre-covid he also spent £200m on players. One of the best stadia and training facilities in the world, and some top top players.
But no, because some idiots (fans and journos) have lost their brick, we're struggling to attract a manager!

IMO, the only manager that would turn us down, is one with a better offer. Levy has proved with Poch that a manager will be given time if successful, and a challenge for the league or CL is feasible. He also showed that he's prepared to pay £15m/yr with Mourinho. Post stadium, pre-covid he also spent £200m on players. One of the best stadia and training facilities in the world, and some top top players.
But no, because some idiots (fans and journos) have lost their brick, we're struggling to attract a manager!

So over two months down the line, with pre-season just about to start, we’re still waiting because...?

So over two months down the line, with pre-season just about to start, we’re still waiting because...?

Palace and Everton are still trying to find someone as well. We seem to be targeting and rejecting (or getting turned down by) a lot of the same managers.

The Sun and The Athletic both reporting that Potter not interested in coming to us (although, if true, it seems the feeling is mutual).
We’re a bit of a hard sell at the moment to be fair…. Need a bit of a rebuild but no money to do it with as well as a chairman who has a history of not getting the ins and outs his manager wants. 6th/7th biggest wage bill but a history of the chairman sacking you for a par (or even better than par) finish. Our job is not for the faint hearted*

*Note that I’m talking in general terms here as I’ve no idea whether we’re interested in Potter specifically.

Can anyone make out the title of the book he’s reading? The design and the picture of the bearded bloke both suggest ghostwritten autobiography, but perhaps Ryan has hidden depths, which the designer who saddled him with the crappy Athena faux-Rothko and the weird ransom notes failed to recognise.

Why wouldn’t managers be given time if successful?!?…. and actually I think our chairman has proven anything but.

If Potter would genuinely turn us down because he’s waiting on “Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project”, then it looks like he’ll be waiting at Brighton for his whole career :)
Might instead be waiting for a Leister type club if Rodgers leaves? I’m surprised that Everton haven’t gone in for him to be fair.

Back