• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Guess that this summer is particularly difficult to recruit. Lots of obstacles to international travel. Simple things like interviews, and sitting down with someone...quarantine, the difficulty of having family move around etc. plus managers tied up at the Euros. Everton and Palace are also run badly?

I also wonder if this manager was always an "interim"

- Give the DoF time to do the rebuild
- Give the stadium cash time to build up
- Get back into respectable finishing positions
- Next manager is push on.

That said, if it was always an interim play, we should have done this earlier ..

Regardless of what people think he done well with Wolves excluding last season and will get us Europa League football.

Tbh i don't see anyone getting us more than that next season. Liverpool look the weakest of the top 4. Can't see us getting above them or utd. Chelsea and city lol.

Tbh i don't see anyone getting us more than that next season. Liverpool look the weakest of the top 4. Can't see us getting above them or utd. Chelsea and city lol.

I'd take a 5th placed finish now! I think we have a lot of work to do in the market this summer and am not convinced we'll get what we need

OK, last season we hit the woodwork about a million times and we also had Jose holding us back, but we also had that period in the autumn when Kane and Son were untouchable. Therefore I think our finishing position was roughly fair, and I'm not sure we'll be stronger this coming year

I'd take a 5th placed finish now! I think we have a lot of work to do in the market this summer and am not convinced we'll get what we need

OK, last season we hit the woodwork about a million times and we also had Jose holding us back, but we also had that period in the autumn when Kane and Son were untouchable. Therefore I think our finishing position was roughly fair, and I'm not sure we'll be stronger this coming year

December and jan killed us. 9 games each month with all the qualifiers for europa just sapped our energy.

Regardless of what people think he done well with Wolves excluding last season and will get us Europa League football.

I just love the profile of Spurs supports. Initially underwhelmed, we get onboard and are ever the optimists. On this board especially, we tend not to be from an entitled background. We have never really tasted great success, so we're happy to be in for the ride.

Nuno was highly regarded. He has punched well above Wolves weight. He's young, should be hungry and knows the league very well. I think he'll work well with the existing Spurs team, but he isn't a massive change from Mourinho. Still he is more progressive hopefully and will see us playing better football.

All that said, it is possible the club is still talking to other candidates, even if they have Santo lined up.

I just love the profile of Spurs supports. Initially underwhelmed, we get onboard and are ever the optimists. On this board especially, we tend not to be from an entitled background. We have never really tasted great success, so we're happy to be in for the ride.

Nuno was highly regarded. He has punched well above Wolves weight. He's young, should be hungry and knows the league very well. I think he'll work well with the existing Spurs team, but he isn't a massive change from Mourinho. Still he is more progressive hopefully and will see us playing better football.

All that said, it is possible the club is still talking to other candidates, even if they have Santo lined up.

Other bonuses. He already has a work permit and might even be in the country (meaning no quarantine). He can hit the job running.

Did his backroom staff leave with him from wolves? Think we were looking at one when fonsecca was in talks.

We had a lot to fans not that long ago saying that they liked wolves and they were “better than us”
But I really don’t think he is the right man for us
Potter please Levy

I'd expect any average manager to get us Europa League football?

I guess the question with him & Wolves is - did he get Wolves performing above their level or not? On paper they had a good team that should have been in and around the positions they finished under him imo

People (not necessarily you, admittedly) forget that we really weren't far off finishing 4th, despite our (mostly) disastrous form post Christmas. A bit less trying to hang on to 1-0 leads and we'd be looking forward to CL football next season.

Sure, it was an odd season and it's only because of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool having below-par times too that we got a look-in, but the point stands. It shouldn't take a miracle to get us top 4 next season -- with our resources and squad, 5th-7th should be considered par and nothing more.

People (not necessarily you, admittedly) forget that we really weren't far off finishing 4th, despite our (mostly) disastrous form post Christmas. A bit less trying to hang on to 1-0 leads and we'd be looking forward to CL football next season.

Sure, it was an odd season and it's only because of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool having below-par times too that we got a look-in, but the point stands. It shouldn't take a miracle to get us top 4 next season -- with our resources and squad, 5th-7th should be considered par and nothing more.

What about their squads and resources? It won't take a miracle to get top 4 but it will need one of the top 4 teams to underachieve and us to overachieve. We can hope for it, but we can't expect it. 5th would be a good finish for us next season.

Some of our fans seem to think, if we spend £100m. Then we can jump from 7th to 4th (or higher). Forgetting the other teams will spend aswell. Also that if we sell our "deadwood" and replace them. The replacements will automatically be better than who they replaced. Or that they will hit the ground running. Modric, son and others took a while to come good for us. Even longer for fans to appreciate them.

5th place finish would be good for us next season. Anything higher brilliant. 6-8th meh. 9th or lower, terrible.

That's how i see it at least.

Back