• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Don't doubt we are in talks with nuno. If we had talked with gattuso we'd have had to have talked to mendes. Once those talks broke down, not surprised he recommended we talked to nuno.

Not sure where they get the info that nuno is top contender though (he might be for all i know). Is that coming from nunos camp? Paratici? Bookies? Someone at spurs (not levy)?

I want to get excited, but I'm worried we want to talk to Martinez and that's why there's no progress atm.

That’s my worry

It probably hinges on who gets knocked out of the Euros first between England and Belgium as to which manager we get

Gary or Martinez

What a prospect so either way bottom half of the table for the foreseeable future!

Sorry that's a bit unnecessary -"try not to think too much" - I thought this Forum was for people to give their opinions, having considered their view. There are polarised views on this Forum - those who defend Levy and Enic to the hilt - and those who question their capability and criticise them. Interestingly I find the people who support the current regime tend to be those who are sometimes quite nasty to the doubters - I am not saying you have been nasty but some comments are better thought than said... :(

Well your thinking seems to be making you depressed. Maybe everything isn't as bad as you think it is. Maybe you're just overthinking it. So maybe don't think too much.

We will get a coach in. We will make some transfers. We will start next season with a squad of players. Maybe we'll do great. Maybe we'll do bad. Maybe we'll get new owners. Maybe not. Who knows? But at the end of the day it is just a game of football. There are far more important things in life. If it makes you upset or angry all the time, take a step back. Because it isn't good for you.

His Wolves team never impressed me. They got some good results but they tended to grind them out in games that I saw.

The fact that Wolves let him go with little fanfare seems pretty telling.
Didn’t watch them against us then?

I don't believe any of the post-Fonseca rumours to be honest. It's just people desperate to fill the vacuum of genuine information.

What are your thoughts on the lack of genuine information (ie hiring someone) and pre-season training starting in a week and a half?

Well your thinking seems to be making you depressed. Maybe everything isn't as bad as you think it is. Maybe you're just overthinking it. So maybe don't think too much.

We will get a coach in. We will make some transfers. We will start next season with a squad of players. Maybe we'll do great. Maybe we'll do bad. Maybe we'll get new owners. Maybe not. Who knows? But at the end of the day it is just a game of football. There are far more important things in life. If it makes you upset or angry all the time, take a step back. Because it isn't good for you.
I am not angry - I have supported Spurs since 1962 - I have known good and great times supporting Spurs and known dire times - the mid to late seventies wasn't a picnic, nor the nineties after the FA Cup win... but seldom have I known a time when I have less confidence that things will/could get better. You are right, life goes on whether my team succeeds or not; the sun will come up tomorrow; but I am entitled to a POV and since you are so ambivalent I wonder why you post your views, since nothing we say or do will make a difference... but just giving an opinion is part of life and stimulates us - but not too much at my age, thanks :)

Re. Santo

1. should we called him Nuno? Seems to be the way.
2. think he could do well short term. But probably not a long term appointment. He could elevate the team for a year or two.
3. Not sure anyone cares too much who now, just so long as we get a competent person in by next week.

Re. Santo

1. should we called him Nuno? Seems to be the way.
2. think he could do well short term. But probably not a long term appointment. He could elevate the team for a year or two.
3. Not sure anyone cares too much who now, just so long as we get a competent person in by next week.

I also reckon he could do a job for a season or two, which in this day and age is good enough. Not super stoked on him, but think we could've done worse as well. We'll be fine.

With Nuno we should bear in mind where Wolves were before he took over. I don't recall them, certainly not recently, being an established PL team like he has made them. Plus I always thought they gave us a pretty good game and we have been lucky to beat them on occasions. Anyway I am sure most of us would give him a chance if he was appointed. Plus he is a better fit than Gattuso I suspect.

I am not angry - I have supported Spurs since 1962 - I have known good and great times supporting Spurs and known dire times - the mid to late seventies wasn't a picnic, nor the nineties after the FA Cup win... but seldom have I known a time when I have less confidence that things will/could get better. You are right, life goes on whether my team succeeds or not; the sun will come up tomorrow; but I am entitled to a POV and since you are so ambivalent I wonder why you post your views, since nothing we say or do will make a difference... but just giving an opinion is part of life and stimulates us - but not too much at my age, thanks :)

Maybe i just look at it more optimistically. Think we are in a great position to push on. The stadium is built. We are finally spending decent chunks of money on players. The pandemic is an issue we have to deal with. Mourinho didn't work out. I think it was the wrong appointment but can understand why levy went for it.

I've said in the burkinshaw thread, i was born in 78. So can only really remember spurs from the mid 80's. So i might have a different perspective to you. I grew up where spurs were a mid table club.

Back