• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

How beige.

Can't think of one time I've seen Wolves and been turned on. I mean they run around a lot and are honest but that's it. The players they had really lent to being a much more expensive team.

At least with Martinez you can imagine it'll be a crazy ride, beating Utd 7-0 one week them losing 4-0 to Norwich.

Has the biggest issue for us this summer been changing the senior management structure when we're in a state of flux? All the anti-Hitchen and Levy social media nonsense and the Super League put Spurs on the back foot. Levy felt he had to react to the negativity, so brought in Paratici. That was a mistake. We'd have been better following Hitchen and Levy - or whoever the existing team are - short term. To expect a guy from Italy to hit the ground running is optimistic. He doesn't know the league or Spurs, and suddenly he's in a role where he has to take full control of the football side. It is exactly what fans were demanding, and was totally misguided. An example of how the negative vibes on social media can have real impacts. Levy is always up for a DoF. He's had plenty. But at this juncture, Spurs needed to recruit with Hitchen and Levy in charge. If so we'd have a manager by now I am certain. However, we are on this road now. We have to give Paratici time, even if it means hiring more than one manager.

Didn’t A lot of Spurs fans want him as Poch replacement? but now he has had 1 bad season they have all of a sudden had a change of heart. Pretty sure everyone was cuming in their pants about Wolves and the football they played before last season.
Were/did they? He never impressed me 8n the slightest tbh seemed a case of looking good because Wolves had players above their level

Nuno - good interview here.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...s-explained-in-exclusive-sky-sports-interview

- versatile and logical setups to be defensively strong and quick in attack - can see where to fit Ndomb, Skipp, sessegnon, clarke - is this the spurs DNA that Levy referred to?

- all about triangles between players, but also long, direct passes into attack - will ensure entertaining football for the fans

- plays for overall control and initiative of the game - will need intelligent players in every role e.g. mutinho and those who take responsibility ...maybe this is where we will see the biggest change if Nuno comes in.

Wolves finished 7th twice in successive seasons - so with spurs players and budgets - conceivably we can do better with Nuno

“So, Harry, Sonny - we’ve finally got our man. I’m very pleased to tell you it’s Nuno Espírito Santo.”

Can you imagine the reaction?

Agreed. I'm sure he's a lovely guy and good at what he does, but appointing the guy who Wolves kinda let go without too much of a fuss is a real example of our standing as a club. It hasn't moved forward. He's going to have to massively, massively overachieve.

Didn’t A lot of Spurs fans want him as Poch replacement? but now he has had 1 bad season they have all of a sudden had a change of heart. Pretty sure everyone was cuming in their pants about Wolves and the football they played before last season.

His Wolves team never impressed me. They got some good results but they tended to grind them out in games that I saw.

The fact that Wolves let him go with little fanfare seems pretty telling.

Back