• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Lots of rumours linking Nuno

Some are saying that the downside to this would be his links with Mendes who apparently Paratici is a fan of

He was talking about gerrard. But either way yes you can make up rumours for any manager.

Here i'll give it a go.

After seeing talks break down between everton and Galtier. Tottenham have made him a priority. The manager that has won ligue 1 with lille is said to be keen on the move.

Pretty easy really.

He was talking about gerrard. But either way yes you can make up rumours for any manager.

Here i'll give it a go.

After seeing talks break down between everton and Galtier. Tottenham have made him a priority. The manager that has won ligue 1 with lille is said to be keen on the move.

Pretty easy really.
I wish that your penultimate line there was actually true!

Lots of rumours linking Nuno

Some are saying that the downside to this would be his links with Mendes who apparently Paratici is a fan of
Not going to particularly worry about it as it may be a load of rubbish anyway but I thought Nuno's Wolves team were one of the most boring to watch in the PL (despite having some decent ball players). If we did end up appointing Nuno then the whole DNA thing would clearly be a load of bollox.

Can’t see any reason to recruit Nuno, Mendes kickback transfers can’t have endeared him to Levy.

Gerrard can’t join us, Liverpool gangsters control his career.

Gerrard has been very very good in Scotland
He has broken Celtic and their monopoly
He has also conducted himself really well
And the players he has brought in have improved
Can’t ask for much more
But the pool pull is an issue for me

Celtic were imploding so there's an element of Gerrard improvement meeting celtic collapse.
But his European record is good and I think that is more of an indication of his ability.
I don't watch it but I'm told that he does try to play attractive football.
It's very easy to get drawn into the nasty stuff up here and he hasn't, neither did rodgers, and that's been a pleasant surprise.
I didn't think it would work out up here, and if it wasn't for the Liverpool connection and the pull they will have for him I'd not be totally adverse to him.
Never thought I'd say that.

I'd take Gerrard over a lot of the other names being suggested, to be honest, but I don't believe we're really in for him.

Here i'll give it a go.

Pretty easy really.

lol

All you need now is the. ‘advanced talks’ scenario

Ffs we're now being linked with Gerrard. I mean you really can't make this brick up!o_O

th

Just go back through all thE rubbish in this thread about who we are supposed to be after. ;)

Not going to particularly worry about it as it may be a load of rubbish anyway but I thought Nuno's Wolves team were one of the most boring to watch in the PL (despite having some decent ball players). If we did end up appointing Nuno then the whole DNA thing would clearly be a load of bollox.

Agreed. There was an interview which I think Ally Gold did with an equivalent person linked to Wolves a few days ago in relation to Nuno. It backed up what you were saying - defensive teams, priority was not conceding, particularly in the first half etc

To your point, its not as if his team had limited ability and therefore needed to take this approach. He had very good players who he could have played in a much more attacking system, but he didnt want to do so.

Similar reasons why I wouldnt want Southgate - very boring football.

No need for insults - I honestly don't understand why people cant just have sensible discussions on this board without resorting to this sort of thing.

However, for completeness rather than just ignoring your comment, its not an immature comment at all - the reason for not wanting Gerrard due to the Liverpool links is simply that as soon as Klopp goes, they will want him and there's zero chance he'd turn it down. We dont want to be looking for another manager in 6-12 months time

I'm sorry if you felt insulted by my comment and apologise, but it was not aimed at you personally but everyone on here that has that immature attitude. What difference who someone played for, managed or supported make to their ability to do the job? Virtually everyday someone is written off as a possible target as a player or manager because they like xxxxxxxx as a kid, these are professional looking to do a job. Using this logic no company would employ a candidate from a rival company.

NES did well at Wolves but when he went there they were in the championship and, I'm going from memory here, they were a big spending club in that division.. For me that takes away a lot of his achievements.

We all know money talks in football and given what supposedly happened with Conte there's not going to be too much for the new manager to spend...

So if a rebuild is needed I'd go for Potter or Frank from Brentford. Oh, and keep well away from Gerard

NES did well at Wolves but when he went there they were in the championship and, I'm going from memory here, they were a big spending club in that division.. For me that takes away a lot of his achievements.

We all know money talks in football and given what supposedly happened with Conte there's not going to be too much for the new manager to spend...

So if a rebuild is needed I'd go for Potter or Frank from Brentford. Oh, and keep well away from Gerard

Brightons wage bill was higher than wolves in the last accounts.

I'd take Gerrard over a lot of the other names being suggested, to be honest, but I don't believe we're really in for him.
A mate of mine who is a season ticket holder with Rangers claims that Gerrard is the face of the club but Michael Beale is the brain that makes that team tick.

A mate of mine who is a season ticket holder with Rangers claims that Gerrard is the face of the club but Michael Beale is the brain that makes that team tick.
I’ve have a mate who’s a Rangers supporter and says exactly that . Also it’s a bit of a weak league and Celtic have been in decline .

This is a bit of a mess really.

Back