• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I dont think Spirito Santos is a terrible choice.

There are loads out there that I would prefer, but if we are comparing him to Foncesca, Southgate, Guttoso or Gérard then he is way ahead for me.

Where does Gerrard rank in the massive list of manager links!? I mean has to be above Gattuso, Southgate, Martinez etc right? But well below ETH, Conte, Lopetegui

Reactions: DTA
I think that we have already chosen and agreed terms with our new manager.
For whatever, number of reasons, we are unable to announce it at the moment.
That is giving all the "journalists" time to cook up stories.

If above is not true, than we are in deep SH1T.
It's probably the former. Not that, that fills me with a ton confidence re who they could announce at a later date that they can't announce now.

Reactions: DTA
Where does Gerrard rank in the massive list of manager links!? I mean has to be above Gattuso, Southgate, Martinez etc right? But well below ETH, Conte, Lopetegui

I'd take Martinez over Gerrard any day of the week. Regardless of the fact that Gerrard would drop us like a bad habit if Liverpool came calling but Martinez comes across as vastly more intelligent. I don't watch the Scottish league though (surprise...) so maybe I'm prejudiced and he's a prodigy.

I'd take Martinez over Gerrard any day of the week. Regardless of the fact that Gerrard would drop us like a bad habit if Liverpool came calling but Martinez comes across as vastly more intelligent. I don't watch the Scottish league though (surprise...) so maybe I'm prejudiced and he's a prodigy.
Gerrard has been very very good in Scotland
He has broken Celtic and their monopoly
He has also conducted himself really well
And the players he has brought in have improved
Can’t ask for much more
But the pool pull is an issue for me

Gerrard has been very very good in Scotland
He has broken Celtic and their monopoly
He has also conducted himself really well
And the players he has brought in have improved
Can’t ask for much more
But the pool pull is an issue for me

The Liverpool thing is more than just an 'issue' in my view - it makes him a completely non-starter for me

Gerard definitely fails on the "could I imagine singing his name" criteria. Well, at least in a supportive way.
(Because that's what matters of course).

People really need to put this immature attitude towards players/managers who were at clubs perceived as "bad". My only criteria for selecting someone for any job at the club is will they improve us.

No need for insults - I honestly don't understand why people cant just have sensible discussions on this board without resorting to this sort of thing.

However, for completeness rather than just ignoring your comment, its not an immature comment at all - the reason for not wanting Gerrard due to the Liverpool links is simply that as soon as Klopp goes, they will want him and there's zero chance he'd turn it down. We dont want to be looking for another manager in 6-12 months time

No need for insults - I honestly don't understand why people cant just have sensible discussions on this board without resorting to this sort of thing.

However, for completeness rather than just ignoring your comment, its not an immature comment at all - the reason for not wanting Gerrard due to the Liverpool links is simply that as soon as Klopp goes, they will want him and there's zero chance he'd turn it down. We dont want to be looking for another manager in 6-12 months time
In which case we'd have to make sure that we have the appropiate contract and compensation terms in place. If Liverpool did happen to jettison Klopp and poach Gerrard from us then it would make sense for us to simply appoint Klopp at that time.

Back