• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I'd be very excited by a rangnick-potter combination. The duo would have pretty much everything between them

I'd certainly move patrici across to chief scout or even aside to make that happen

I'd imagine this hypothetical scenario would suggest Levy taking a back seat entirely so it's really just a behind the scenes setup involving Ragnick Paratichi and potentially Mitchell too - i don't really know the ins and out of it but I'd imagine these sorts of setups have multiple people delegated to the various aspects?

Rangnick and Paratici come from very different football schools. I think that it is either/or.

Perhaps we should look further afield e.g. Wenger came from Japan, who is the best coach in Japan right now?

Perhaps we should look further afield e.g. Wenger came from Japan, who is the best coach in Japan right now?

He actually just signed for Celtic - Ange Postecoglu, Australian manager. It caused Celtic fans to completely melt down because they don't know who he is, but I think he'll do well there (if they can see out the inevitable initial bumpy period) and would actually be a very decent shout for Spurs manager in a few years. A very Poch-like manager.

Rangnick and Paratici come from very different football schools. I think that it is either/or.

In what sense? I know little of Rangnick other than he was supposed to be heavily involved in the growth of the Red Bull clubs - what makes you think a coach like Potter wouldn't suit working at the same club?

Edit : misread Paratichi for Potter there, my mistake!

Last edited:
In what sense? I know little of Rangnick other than he was supposed to be heavily involved in the growth of the Red Bull clubs - what makes you think a coach like Potter wouldn't suit working at the same club?
Rangnick and potter are very complementary. It's rangnick and paratici who wouldn't be.

I think in style rangnick is more about structures while paratici is about agency

I get that it's important for Levy to not make a rushed decision and get the right manager appointed, but this is getting ridiculous now.

Time is running out for the new manager to assess the squad and sort out incomings and outgoings in time for the next season. Including Kane - to keep him, which should be our aim, I believe he'll need reassurement from both Levy and the new manager that we want to be competitive. Each day with no boss must leave him thinking WTF is going on.

Apologies if this point had already been made numerous times in this massive thread. Who'd thought a new manager thread would be this long, lol.

I get that it's important for Levy to not make a rushed decision and get the right manager appointed, but this is getting ridiculous now.

Time is running out for the new manager to assess the squad and sort out incomings and outgoings in time for the next season. Including Kane - to keep him, which should be our aim, I believe he'll need reassurement from both Levy and the new manager that we want to be competitive. Each day with no boss must leave him thinking WTF is going on.

Apologies if this point had already been made numerous times in this massive thread. Who'd thought a new manager thread would be this long, lol.

I'm with you. Its beyond ridiculous

When a player wants to leave a club it tends to happen, I think the club also need the funds Kane will bring in for a rebuild so that makes his departure even more likely.

BUT... Paratici title isn't DOF is it, maybe the master plan was to get them both in????

Paratici to concentrate on the younger recruitments and buying and selling wining and dinning etc and where we have a more strategic DOF in Rangnick???

The millions at stake, mean there is every reason to spend a few hundred thousand k on having good management in place. One shrewd signing could pay for the lot of them. Ragnic can assist with tactics and management.

Considering football clubs core product it’s always struck me that clubs don’t invest more in player-related mangers. Who says you can only have one manager?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Unless Levy thinks he's the best person for the job or is enjoying it so much he can't let go!
The millions at stake, mean there is every reason to spend a few hundred thousand k on having good management in place. One shrewd signing could pay for the lot of them. Ragnic can assist with tactics and management.

Considering football clubs core product it’s always struck me that clubs don’t invest more in player-related mangers. Who says you can only have one manager?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

How do you asses the squad where literally their all away?

BUT... Paratici title isn't DOF is it, maybe the master plan was to get them both in????

Paratici to concentrate on the younger recruitments and buying and selling wining and dinning etc and where we have a more strategic DOF in Rangnick???

Paratici is running the football side of the club. Steve Hitchen is still at the club and a board member. We are not going to bring in a third board member to work in this area. Paratici and Rangnick come from completely different football schools and wouldn't be a good fit.

Paratici is running the football side of the club. Steve Hitchen is still at the club and a board member. We are not going to bring in a third board member to work in this area. Paratici and Rangnick come from completely different football schools and wouldn't be a good fit.

Yeah this is more me just dreaming of a way we could still get Rangnick. And having Paratici given a number 2 role (he was successful in at Juve as a number 2, not as a number 1) wouldn't be a bad idea on paper.

But as you say, it would probably be a terrible fit.

Back