• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Mate, I think the sad truth is every manager, every executive, running an organization has their time and that comes to an end. One of the few people to buck that trend for many years was Sir Alex. He kept freshening things up, changing coaches and assistant but eventually even he knew when it was time to stop. Perhaps a natural conclusion has been reached and a change is needed at the top and a different way of working. I think that's what most of Levy's detractors are now saying.

Obviously this is impossible without new ownership but should it happen then it is not a slight on Daniel Levy. He has done a lot for the club. But Spurs are not just the Daniel Levy appreciation society.

On the path to success I don't think the way we have been working till now will bring us closer to it whoever the next manager is. Which is why I'm a bit meh about who we appoint.

I think we need wholesale changes starting at the top. Unlikely to happen though without new owners with deeper pockets.

Haven't got the figures at hand. But we've probably had a bigger net spend in the last two summers than we did the 10 years prior. £75m 2019/20 £87.5m last season. According to transfermarkt. Yet we have regressed.

So just spending money doesn't seem to be the answer. Spending it well does. Now some of those acquisitions may turn out well. Some we will sell and reinvest.
Hopefully paratici can sort it out.

Mate, I think the sad truth is every manager, every executive, running an organization has their time and that comes to an end. One of the few people to buck that trend for many years was Sir Alex. He kept freshening things up, changing coaches and assistant but eventually even he knew when it was time to stop. Perhaps a natural conclusion has been reached and a change is needed at the top and a different way of working. I think that's what most of Levy's detractors are now saying.

Obviously this is impossible without new ownership but should it happen then it is not a slight on Daniel Levy. He has done a lot for the club. But Spurs are not just the Daniel Levy appreciation society.

On the path to success I don't think the way we have been working till now will bring us closer to it whoever the next manager is. Which is why I'm a bit meh about who we appoint.

I think we need wholesale changes starting at the top. Unlikely to happen though without new owners with deeper pockets.

Yeah OK. But just as we shouldn't have binned off poch for his 12 months regression in the league after 4 years of progress ( I 100% would have given at least, and I mean at least to the end of the season). Perhaps we should not bin the man who has given us 18 years of progress as a club.

I have a problem with the last 18 months/ 2.5 years. But I remember where we were pre Levy, and I think just as poch did he deserves the chance to turn this around.

Yeah OK. But just as we shouldn't have binned off poch for his 12 months regression in the league after 4 years of progress ( I 100% would have given at least, and I mean at least to the end of the season). Perhaps we should not bin the man who has given us 18 years of progress as a club.

I have a problem with the last 18 months/ 2.5 years. But I remember where we were pre Levy, and I think just as poch did he deserves the chance to turn this around.

We've brought in paratici to be in charge of football matters. So levy steps back and controls the business side of things. Which is what many fans said they wanted.

What they really want though is a multi billionaire to come in and spend all his money getting them a trophy or two. Which is fine. But admit that and go and find one. Cause all the moaning and enic out is pointless and tiresome. There is no objectivity to anything we do anymore. It's all seen through bias.

I really couldn't give a crap about levy, but they are slating the club. 6th biggest club in england. We finish 7th in the league. You'd think we got relegated the way people talk. We were top of the league in november, then had 9 games in december and 9 games in jan. We crumbled.

Sorry tired, head cold and a bit drunk.

I think this is exactly my feelings on Levy too. The right executive to take a business through their different stages of growth might be a different one, and maybe Levy has reached that point. Maybe he is knackered and needs a sabbatical. I think he’s a good man that has done a lot for the club. But it’s ok to say he might not be the right person going forward.

The last couple of years it’s like he’s started playing at being a ‘big club’ and he threw everything out of the window that made us competitive. We stopped being strategic, we started looking for quicker wins. The thinking just got a bit more muddled.

If he turns it around, and we are successful under him, great! But I’m pretty open about the fact that new owners now could well accelerate our path to genuine big club status. I think the self sustainable model might have a limit when we are competing against City and then four others who will all have their act together from time to time.

Starting to cover old ground now so I’ll just say…I agree with you. I think it’s ok to recognise he’s worked incredibly hard for us and done a lot of good, and equally someone who is better at spending money in a less risk averse way might be more suited to help us push on.

Where does this come from? Levy's tired, stressed out. He needs a sabatical?

He did an interview with spurs tv, apart from that (as usual) we've seen nothing much of him.

Mourinho didn't work out, neither did the esl. But you can't argue the thinking on either. Mourinho has won more trophies than spurs. The esl we couldn't say no to. Let the other clubs form it and we just face bankruptcy? We will get a coach. How good they are we wont know till the end of the season.

As usual people are inventing naratives in their head, with no evidence, then acting as if it's the truth.

People will tell you loads
We’re a brick show apparently ;);):eek::eek:

If you think that's what being said then you havent been paying attention.

Few if any people have been saying the club as a whole is a brick show.

However quite a few people including including myself have been saying that:

1. The hunt for a new manager has been been brickshow (it has) and

2. that we have lacked strategic vision and ambition when it comes to backing our previous managers with the purchase and sale of players. (we have, and the club have acknowledged this in looking to bring in a dof.)

Apparently we can't raise legitimate complaints without slagging off the club as a whole according to some people, which i frankly find laughable, but hey ho each to their own.o_O

It's like there's a levy/ENIC happy fun time death cult who get deeply upset at the merest hint of criticism of their dear leaders!:wink:

The church of scientology could learn a thing or two from some of you lot!

Last edited:

2. that we have lacked strategic vision and ambition when it comes to backing our previous managers with the purchase and sale of players. (we have, and the club have acknowledged this in looking to bring in a dof.)

Apparently we can't raise legitimate complaints without slagging off the club as a whole according to some people, which i frankly find laughable, but hey ho each to their own.o_O

It's like there's a levy/ENIC happy fun time death cult who get deeply upset at the merest hint of criticism of their dear leaders!:wink:

Do you even enjoy watching spurs anymore?

Do you even enjoy watching spurs anymore?

Although I was happy to give Mourinho the benefit of the doubt i think overall I haven't found consistent enjoyment in watching spurs since a few months prior to the end of the pochettinho era.

There have been a few highlights here and there but overall there has been an undeniable downward trend which hasn't been particularly enjoyable to watch!

The church of Scientology like most churches relies on faith and a positive culture
Our fans seem to rely on everything negative
They want too moan.they enjoy moaning
And there are plenty of people come ting on here about how bad we are
We haven’t signed anyone yet… disaster
We have no manager… disaster
Kane is leaving…. Disaster
We have sold the messiah Foyth… disaster
No manager worth his slat would join us
We’re playing catch up with teams below us in the league
There all actual things that have been said recently and repeated
When I’m reality
We haven’t got a manager but that’s actually no different to 2 months ago. I mean we beat the mighty Leicester without a manager
Kane hasn’t left
No one abs really brought anyone yet
Foyth is still a potentially good player and one season doesn’t make him the next Maldini (on the right of course)
No fans know what’s going ok at the club. I’m not sure who does even at the club currently tbh. But it’s not as bad as some want it made out.

I've said it a few times. The Cult of Levy has deep roots on this forum. We could have no manager on the first day of the season (a ridiculous exaggeration before anyone gets upset [emoji28]) and they still wouldn't see any issue with our setup. [emoji30][emoji1787]

Haven't got the figures at hand. But we've probably had a bigger net spend in the last two summers than we did the 10 years prior. £75m 2019/20 £87.5m last season. According to transfermarkt. Yet we have regressed.

So just spending money doesn't seem to be the answer. Spending it well does. Now some of those acquisitions may turn out well. Some we will sell and reinvest.
Hopefully paratici can sort it out.
Just spending money definitely isn’t the answer when you lurch from one manager with a very different style of playing to the next.

Poch was not performing he had to go. That's what you do when you want to win things.

But the issue wasn't poch. It was the lack of transfers long before the CL final.

Was poch in a passive aggressive protest when he declared that he would quit if we'd won? In hindsight it was mission impossible and he would have known it.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

JM has said publicly that he was misled by Levy. Can't blame him for not getting the support he needed to play his way.
Although I was happy to give Mourinho the benefit of the doubt i think overall I haven't found consistent enjoyment in watching spurs since a few months prior to the end of the pochettinho era.

There have been a few highlights here and there but overall there has been an undeniable downward trend which hasn't been particularly enjoyable to watch!

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Not sure why we should have a £0 net spend while the others won't. Our debt is now all long term (apart from what we owe on previous transfers). Leicester and evertons wage bills are higher than turnover. Everton already look like they will fail premier league spending rules so may have to sell. Villa new owners wiped out their debt but are still making huge losses.

We wont be spending £200m net on players to catch the top 4 and may be cautious due to covid. But financially even with the debt, (which we can pay just interest for the next 5 years if we want) we are better off than the clubs you mention.

He doesn't get it mate

- Everton and Leicester make less than half of Spurs revenue each fudging year

Yes, their owners can put in cash, yes they can dilute their holdings, but unless they effectively put in 1:1 matching funds every year, Spurs at net zero is still ahead

This is us trying so hard to play the "sky is falling message"

I've said it a few times. The Cult of Levy has deep roots on this forum. We could have no manager on the first day of the season (a ridiculous exaggeration before anyone gets upset [emoji28]) and they still wouldn't see any issue with our setup. [emoji30][emoji1787]
We could
And yet we wouldn’t be any worse off

We've brought in paratici to be in charge of football matters. So levy steps back and controls the business side of things. Which is what many fans said they wanted.

What they really want though is a multi billionaire to come in and spend all his money getting them a trophy or two. Which is fine. But admit that and go and find one. Cause all the moaning and enic out is pointless and tiresome. There is no objectivity to anything we do anymore. It's all seen through bias.

I really couldn't give a crap about levy, but they are slating the club. 6th biggest club in england. We finish 7th in the league. You'd think we got relegated the way people talk. We were top of the league in november, then had 9 games in december and 9 games in jan. We crumbled.

Sorry tired, head cold and a bit drunk.

You are putting your thoughts onto what you think other people's thoughts are. A few have said they want ENIC to invest there own money but most of the dissenting voices are about how we are run on the football side.

Sacking a manager a few days before a cup final when he had been manager for the entire season( he deserved the chance to manage that game and I would not have even employed him in the first place)

The offering people the job then retracting it to give to a real nasty piece of work.

The super league, which shows those fans protesting are not just after a blank check because that would have given us one.

We could
And yet we wouldn’t be any worse off
Hmm I dunno. Not actually having a manager at the start probably would be a disaster. Even I don't believe Levy is that incompetent. At the very least Mason would get the job.

I'm intrigued to see how this all plays out. I haven't bothered followed the every minutiae of the various people linked to job. Much like transfers I prefer to wait and see them signed on the dotted line before I make any judgements.

I do feel however that there is no advantage to confirming appointment later rather than earlier. Much like player transfers the earlier things are done the more integrated a plan can be devised.

He doesn't get it mate

- Everton and Leicester make less than half of Spurs revenue each fudging year

Yes, their owners can put in cash, yes they can dilute their holdings, but unless they effectively put in 1:1 matching funds every year, Spurs at net zero is still ahead

This is us trying so hard to play the "sky is falling message"
So what you're saying is Leicester are doing exceptionally well by outperforming us for 2 seasons in a row despite making less than half of our revenue? [emoji848]

So what you're saying is Leicester are doing exceptionally well by outperforming us for 2 seasons in a row despite making less than half of our revenue? [emoji848]

Yes, and they are outperforming other clubs as well.

But if you can't look past 2 seasons, then the problem isn't with Enic or Levy.

Yes, and they are outperforming other clubs as well.

But if you can't look past 2 seasons, then the problem isn't with Enic or Levy.
They've outperformed us in the last 8 seasons with their title win also. [emoji2379]

Back