• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

..Or...

We end up hiring manager number 10th on our April shortlist who we have to pay even more than we would have Poch just to take the gig because a) we are desperate for someone to take the job and b) he knows he wasn't that high on our shortlist but can pull us by the short and curlies as he knows he can...

Then we spend a couple of years trying to get into CL places but not quite making it (Kane replacement not being, well, as good as Kane) and manager gets sacked for two consecutive 6th places in a row...we think back with nostalgia for those days we were squabbling over whether we were showing how big a club we were when we decided not to buy anyone that summer of 2018
:p

Nostalgia can go both ways...

Is there a job open in football that is better than spurs at the moment? How many coaches are out of work?

Our april list went out of the window when paratici signed.

It's going to be a struggle to break into the top 4 the next couple of years (those teams are so strong). But think we will improve. As long as we can get the stadium fully open next season, we can build back.

Obviously a good coach and paratici making good choices on players is very important. But we are in a better position than the likes of leicester and west ham. Even arsenal.

How? Leicesters recruitment is outstanding and have shown that they are happy to buy some up and coming great players, have a settled competent manager without any pressure.

West ham last season looked quite tidy and look like they have a solid squad in the making.

Arsenal have some very very good young players and a bigger budget than us.

We are not in a better place than any of those teams mentioned currently. Things may change but currently not the case if I may disagree.

It's going to be a struggle to break into the top 4 the next couple of years (those teams are so strong). But think we will improve. As long as we can get the stadium fully open next season, we can build back.

Obviously a good coach and paratici making good choices on players is very important. But we are in a better position than the likes of leicester and west ham. Even arsenal.
We have the 6th biggest wage bill (perhaps now 7th after Everton?) and probably a net zero transfer budget. Yet we will be competing with several teams who are likely be net spenders (Everton, Leeds, Arsenal, Villa, Leicester - and that’s before considering last seasons top 4. We will do very well to stay where we were in the league. I think the tin-pot euro bowl may have to be our priority.

Is there a job open in football that is better than spurs at the moment? How many coaches are out of work?

Our april list went out of the window when paratici signed.
Why were we trying to recruit managers before we had a DoF if our plan was to bring in a DoF?

We have the 6th biggest wage bill (perhaps now 7th after Everton?) and probably a net zero transfer budget. Yet we will be competing with several teams who are likely be net spenders (Everton, Leeds, Arsenal, Villa, Leicester - and that’s before considering last seasons top 4. We will do very well to stay where we were in the league. I think the tin-pot euro bowl may have to be our priority.

Not sure why we should have a £0 net spend while the others won't. Our debt is now all long term (apart from what we owe on previous transfers). Leicester and evertons wage bills are higher than turnover. Everton already look like they will fail premier league spending rules so may have to sell. Villa new owners wiped out their debt but are still making huge losses.

We wont be spending £200m net on players to catch the top 4 and may be cautious due to covid. But financially even with the debt, (which we can pay just interest for the next 5 years if we want) we are better off than the clubs you mention.

Not sure why we should have a £0 net spend while the others won't. Our debt is now all long term (apart from what we owe on previous transfers). Leicester and evertons wage bills are higher than turnover. Everton already look like they will fail premier league spending rules so may have to sell. Villa new owners wiped out their debt but are still making huge losses.

We wont be spending £200m net on players to catch the top 4 and may be cautious due to covid. But financially even with the debt, (which we can pay just interest for the next 5 years if we want) we are better off than the clubs you mention.
As the others have owners that will inject capital or have room to add debt where we don’t.

I'm guessing when hitchens made up his list of managers paratici was still in a job. I don't know. Levy plans long term but is also an opportunist.
So the DoF thing just happened as opposed to being a strategically planned decision?…. That’s what I thought as well.

As the others have owners that will inject capital or have room to add debt where we don’t.

That is an assumption. It may well be true but might not be.

I'll make an assumption. We have just borrowed £250m. That covered our loses from covid. Last summer we had the 4th biggest net spend in the prem. So why not this summer?

So the DoF thing just happened as opposed to being a strategically planned decision?…. That’s what I thought as well.

Not necessarily, we were looking at ragnick allegedly.

It won't be a 2 dimensional thinking process. It will be 3 dimensional. If we want this person should we want/need a dof? Who actually are we going to get, what structure do we need in place to help the club succede?

That is an assumption. It may well be true but might not be.

I'll make an assumption. We have just borrowed £250m. That covered our loses from covid. Last summer we had the 4th biggest net spend in the prem. So why not this summer?
We’ll see at the end of the summer….

It's a other reason why the "Levy out" šhit is so misguided and Ãrsenalesq.

It's not us lads. Let's fűcking not sink to the scum's level.

For me, the silliest thing about 'Levy out' is that he simply isn't going and Joe Lewis cannot move him even if everyone wanted to.

It's a other reason why the "Levy out" šhit is so misguided and Ãrsenalesq.

It's not us lads. Let's fűcking not sink to the scum's level.
Mate, I think the sad truth is every manager, every executive, running an organization has their time and that comes to an end. One of the few people to buck that trend for many years was Sir Alex. He kept freshening things up, changing coaches and assistant but eventually even he knew when it was time to stop. Perhaps a natural conclusion has been reached and a change is needed at the top and a different way of working. I think that's what most of Levy's detractors are now saying.

Obviously this is impossible without new ownership but should it happen then it is not a slight on Daniel Levy. He has done a lot for the club. But Spurs are not just the Daniel Levy appreciation society.

On the path to success I don't think the way we have been working till now will bring us closer to it whoever the next manager is. Which is why I'm a bit meh about who we appoint.

I think we need wholesale changes starting at the top. Unlikely to happen though without new owners with deeper pockets.

Last edited:
Back