• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Excuse my ignorance as i have not been following italian football recently but from what i can see wtf are we trying to do by appointing Gattuso. What has he achieved as a manager? And correct me if I’m wrong. Did he not lose out on the champions league on the final day? He should be managing a mid table- relegation battling team. (At this rate thats where were going to end up this season). Or have i got it wrong? And hes an amazing manager?

Yeah, I reckon he's gone. Supposedly in talks with Fiorentina now.

I sure hope we pull ten Haag or Potter out of the hat.

though as we move on to the next option, hiring the person becomes even more expensive and harder to get given that they know they were way down the list and we look increasingly desperate

Excuse my ignorance as i have not been following italian football recently but from what i can see wtf are we trying to do by appointing Gattuso. What has he achieved as a manager? And correct me if I’m wrong. Did he not lose out on the champions league on the final day? He should be managing a mid table- relegation battling team. (At this rate thats where were going to end up this season). Or have i got it wrong? And hes an amazing manager?

You're not wrong.

I've come to the conclusion that this simply can't be true. A lot of smoke, for sure, but we're just not this stupid. No way.

zero

though as we move on to the next option, hiring the person becomes even more expensive and harder to get given that they know they were way down the list and we look increasingly desperate

Yeah, we've put ourselves in a horrible position. I'd take Eddie Howe at this point.

Paratici’s choice apparently…hopefully based on something, but as you say it seems leftfield.

I think I'd take southgate or Martinez rather than gattuso!! Would certainly take Potter, and probably take Howe

I'm not sure our new DoF would go for Potter though. Maybe if he was Gianluca Potterini from Milan and with a smarter haircut, but not Graham Potter from Birmingham

Could it be you are being 'nudged' towards this feeling on purpose?;)

Only the big ones, surely something like this some 'source' would deny it as "talks with Fonseca are ongoing" etc

Talks with Fonseca have collapsed. Alasdair Gold says that he has been told that by people in Fonseca's camp in his article tonight

Talks with Fonseca have collapsed. Alasdair Gold says that he has been told that by people in Fonseca's camp in his article tonight

What has he said that people in the Spurs have said though? He is an example of a journo that usually has some kind of 'line' from the club...

It just doesn't ring true. Levy is not going to leave the appointment of the manager wholly in the hands of the DoF, he can't, and I can't see how Gattuso fits what Levy would want. Would/could Mendes engineer this much noise just to get his client in the spotlight?
What is concerning is the reports of Fonseca's 'camp' being shocked at our last minute change of plans. We must have backed away from him, else why would they be making such comments? Maybe it's all true and Gattuso is our man. Or maybe this is just a temporary interlude, with the DoF wanting to speak with Gattuso, but we've actually got true candidate number 73 lined up.
I'm totally bemused by the whole thing.

It just doesn't ring true. Levy is not going to leave the appointment of the manager wholly in the hands of the DoF, he can't, and I can't see how Gattuso fits what Levy would want. Would/could Mendes engineer this much noise just to get his client in the spotlight?
What is concerning is the reports of Fonseca's 'camp' being shocked at our last minute change of plans. We must have backed away from him, else why would they be making such comments? Maybe it's all true and Gattuso is our man. Or maybe this is just a temporary interlude, with the DoF wanting to speak with Gattuso, but we've actually got true candidate number 73 lined up.
I'm totally bemused by the whole thing.

I'm wondering whether Fonseca signing fell over because of the tax rumours

Then Gattuso left Fiorentina for the rumoured disagreement with their board over transfers (ie unconnected with Spurs)

Then people put 2+ 2 together.....

I'm hoping so anyway

Back