• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Winks, you say? Yeah, he's been the stalwart of our midfield for years now. Ever since that masterclass against Real Madrid. Like Dembele and Eriksen rolled into one. Consistently excellent, drives the team on, must be worth at least £45m.

lol

Everyone’s for sale lol
I’ll feel quite sad if / when Winks departs. I really had high hopes for him when he came through, but I’m not sure what happened to him. I don’t think it was just the Mourinho factor, he was on the slide before he came in IMO. Injuries hamper him, diminish his confidence? He just became so safe with his passing and physically, as people have commented, doesn’t seem up to it and gets bullied in the middle of the park.

He goes with good wishes for me. Shame it didn’t work out.

I’ll feel quite sad if / when Winks departs. I really had high hopes for him when he came through, but I’m not sure what happened to him. I don’t think it was just the Mourinho factor, he was on the slide before he came in IMO. Injuries hamper him, diminish his confidence? He just became so safe with his passing and physically, as people have commented, doesn’t seem up to it and gets bullied in the middle of the park.

I agree with all your point about what has happened with him, and logically if you're a pro and want to be an important player for your team and involved in your team's big games (whatever 'big' is for your club) then you must get to a certain age and then decide to move on. And at 25, I could understand if Winks has reached that point. There's a few people like Nicky Butt and Phil Neville who waited for longer however that teams were winning so many trophies and playing in so many finals that they were involved in enough big games.

We're also at the level where its hard for youth players to break through and become genuine first choice players. Winks isnt the first (Townsend, Carroll and various others) and won't be the last. Skipp can take Winks place (and looks like will become better than Winks) and we'll have other CMs coming through (White, John etc) who will become back-ups for a couple years

If we can get say £30m for Winks it'll massively help the rebuild and he can hopefully progress his career too.

When he first came on the scene he looked really promising and a progressive passer - the freak injury with the water bottles changed something, I know he mentioned something about learning to play with pain but I never understood how that impacted his decision making.

His next move will be key to either establish himself as a prem mainstay or if he needs to drop a division.
Wish him all the best, Spurs fan and academy graduate I’m sure it’s harder emotionally for players with that connection to leave.

If there was ever a player born to play for Bournemouth under Eddie How it was Harry Winks ... nice guy but got found out very quickly after bursting on the scene. Wish him all the best, and should be replaced with someone either from the academy.

Back