• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Voted poch. He had us almost there on a shoe string budget. If we can get a stadium naming rights sponsor to offset the loses due to covid. Maybe bring in an investor to clear some of the debt we could back him properly.

It wont be a quick fix, but i can see him being given time. I think he can get us back to where we were and possibly go that extra yard.

The others i'm not sure about. Eth there is a question mark over whether he could do it outside of ajax. Potter i think needs a bit more time to show what he can do at this level. Conte just looks like a disaster waiting to happen, can't see him lasting more than a season before he or levy lose it.

Guess it's down to poch. Does he give up on psg or does he want to prove something there?

Great post Sir. We all want to believe in some Messianic figure and Poch is it for me. However, if we don't sell the deadwood and don't buy what the manager is telling you he needs and you could appoint Jesus and it won't make a difference. In fairness, Levy did a good job, CBs aside, backing Jose last year I thought.

I want Poch back big time but the club have to back him. Otherwise, don't bother because they're setting him up for failure and I don't want his legacy ruined.

Exactly this. There are still quite a few players that put the breaks on collectively under Poch last time. We do not want a situation similar to when you get back with an ex, with the first couple of weeks being like the good old days but then very quickly everything turns to sh!t again.

Defo need 4-6 new players that could threaten the first 11 so that the ‘deadwood’ becomes the minority and either joins the new wave or gets left behind.

Exactly Derp There are still quite a few players that put the breaks on collectively under Poch last time. We do not want a situation similar to when you get back with an ex, with the first couple of weeks being like the good old days but then very quickly everything turns to sh!t again.

Defo need 4-6 new players that could threaten the first 11 so that the ‘deadwood’ becomes the minority and either joins the new wave or gets left behind.

I really think that would be the case. Again, my opinion of course, but I think Poch would have been quite happy to bomb out some players that are perceived as his ‘favourites’ in order to reinvigorate the squad.

I think there are even quotes he put out exactly to this point. Something like ‘you may love a player and they’ve done great for you, but you might need different players to take the next step.’

I think if he came back, people would be pretty surprised at how ruthless he would be. I think he’s probably realised that he works best at a club where he has the power to build that culture and hold that authority, and hopefully Levy has realised that our best chance of competing is allowing him to build it.

I could really see Dier, Dele and Winks on the chopping block. Not withstanding exits for Aurier, Sissoko, Sanchez etc. Maybe some of those stay, but I think a couple of sales to really shake things up and show no one is safe is probably exactly what he is planning, if he would indeed be crazy enough to get this done.

Poch you made us dream and under you we broke through and nearly won the title and CL. Never should have left and if we were brave after the CL defeat (his own words), deserved another transfer window at the very least to see if we could make that final step.

But time has moved on - don’t spoil your legacy and as they say never go back where it rarely works out.

Voted for Conte.

We need to do this whether it's Poch or not, so for me, it makes sense to bring him back and work through the painful rebuild he predicted.

It is tough to know where Conte sits in all Derp If ever there was a Levy panic appt, it is Conte, because let's face it, the whole thing would end in tears and pretty fast. I would love Poch back because I love Poch, I think in all aspects he is the right manager for our club, I am not sure if given the circumstances he is currently the right man for the job, however I am prepared to toss sense and pragmatism into the bin for a bit of romance. I have read these pages with huge interest the last couple of days, and have to say it is pretty funny (and the joke is on ALL of us)...
Agree, I’m not sure on the timing but things change quickly in football so if the opportunity is there now to get him I say fudge it get him in now - he is Spurs and I’m happy for Levy to take the gamble whether it comes off or not. The alternatives aren’t any better for me.

As for this thread it’s been brilliant, a couple of hundred pages spent on discussing the merits of Rodgers and Potter - only for us to end up going for the coach we binned off a year and a half ago:D....

As for this thread it’s been brilliant, a couple of hundred pages spent on discussing the merits of Rodgers and Potter - only for us to end up going for the coach we binned off a year and a half ago:D....

I think that it does show that it was right not to make a quick appointment. The quality of coaches in contention now is significantly better than it was a week ago.

Poch you made us dream and under you we broke through and nearly won the title and CL. Never should have left and if we were brave after the CL defeat (his own words), deserved another transfer window at the very least to see if we could make that final step.

But time has moved on - don’t spoil your legacy and as they say never go back where it rarely works out.

Voted for Conte.

Personally I think you have this the wrong way around.

My view is it was a good thing he left as Levy and Poch needed to learn certain lessons - Levy about the squad quality and what Poch/Mourinho could do for us and Poch needed to refresh and banish those dark thoughts of resigning etc.

Both men have now learned these lessons imo setting us up for a fantastic era under them both going forward.

Getting bored of this all now. Seasons done, transfers are being made and we still don't have a manager. Euro's start in two weeks which isn't going to make getting or getting rid of players any easier.

At this rate come September we'll be complaining (again) how we haven't had a proper pre season, manager hasn't had time to work with players and the squad isn't finished.

Might be worth getting Conte if Fabio Paratici comes too.
That said, I still think pochettino is coming back as I said a couple days ago

I'm still concerned that 5 days after the season has started we don't appear to have a clear target, we should have identified targets ages ago and now be sealing things but whoever comes in will be there when half of Europe is away at the Euro's.

Voted for Poch because I'd love to see him back with us at some point but I do worry that it might all go wrong and the fall-out will be more toxic than anything we've seen so far. But it's Poch, he's on the list now, so he gets my vote.
As others have said, he could only come back with all parties being very, very clear as to what the aims are and, most importantly, with assurances of a decent transfer budget and the right to decide who gets moved out, whatever the fee. Levy must know he has to get this one right.
I'm not convinced it will be him however. I think he'll stay at PSG.
Of the others I really don't know - I liked what I read about Lopetegui in the article @milo posted yesterday, but he's not featuring at all in any speculation now so either Levy is cleverly using the others as a smokescreen, or he's not in the frame.

It’s all happening!

So now Pochettino!

Are we happy?

We’ve had 6 weeks to assess what’s available and what/who has become available.
We have a chance to bring in fresh faces and new ideas.
To me it’s looking like a missed opportunity also to overhaul our structures and recruitment network.
Because frankly I don’t trust them if all they can come up with is fudge it let’s go back to what we know. I suspect there may be an element of self-preservation going on.

Back