• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I’m thinking more of his comments on the eve of the 2017/18 season. We’d just finished 2nd a few months earlier and we’d made a total of zero signings the week we played our first game away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I believe we went into that game having sold Walker and Trippier was injured so we went into the game with KWP with no PL experience and ended up signing Aurier just before the window closed.
I think the no signings season was a mistake obviously, we should/could have flipped a player or 2 for break even. The manager has to agree to that as well though to be fair and we don’t know the situation with that. Poch was quoted as saying there’s no point bringing players in who aren’t better than what we have after all. It falls on the scouting again for me, massively miss a DoF.

I’m thinking more of his comments on the eve of the 2017/18 season. We’d just finished 2nd a few months earlier and we’d made a total of zero signings the week we played our first game away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I believe we went into that game having sold Walker and Trippier was injured so we went into the game with KWP with no PL experience and ended up signing Aurier just before the window closed.

To be fair KWP got man of the match in that game.

That’s a shame. I’ve had my moments where I thought he was acting like a spoilt child but I always thought he gave his all on the pitch. Regularly giving away a lot physically to opponents and seemed to get clattered regularly when contesting headers. I think this also meant he had to be at peak physical fitness to be at his best and he suffered as he got older due to his combative style.
I can still see how Walker getting a move and not him broke his relationship with the club.

I’d still like him to get a good reception from us and I think it would probably mean more to him than a lot of ex players held in higher regard, who may not have been as outspoken but never showed anything like his commitment on the pitch.

Last edited:
wish him all the best. he wanted us to step up and didn't, and now see's Kyle Walker with medals and him with nothing to show, feel sorry for him because we definitely chucked him under the bus in the documentary. He made mistakes too, don't get me wrong, but not the sole party to that.

Ah well, going against the majority on here I liked Rose - I liked his tenacity and aggression on the pitch and gave it his all and was a focal point of our prime Poch team. Good luck to him....

A pity how it has turned out. I always looked for him in the line up for big matches, as he was always up for a fight.

wish him all the best. he wanted us to step up and didn't, and now see's Kyle Walker with medals and him with nothing to show, feel sorry for him because we definitely chucked him under the bus in the documentary. He made mistakes too, don't get me wrong, but not the sole party to that.
Correct

Wish him all the best for the future, wherever it takes him. Hope he gets a decent club and any issues he has (not that it is anyone's business) are resolved.

Being at WHL for his goal against the Scum was special - the atmosphere that night was brilliant.

Of a guy who actually said what the fans thought
How rare is it to actually have a player challenge his club

And what does that have to do with his behavior?

- He's another Dier, Winks, etc.

A player who when he worked his ass off, controlled his worse instincts (often too rash) was very good for us.

However when his levels dropped and he started to believe regardless of performance he "deserved" time, he lost it.

His decision not to take a loan anywhere also says a lot about him.

I wish him the best, but in no world do I believe we failed Danny Rose (and he has been trying to leave since before Walker)

And what does that have to do with his behavior?

- He's another Dier, Winks, etc.

A player who when he worked his ass off, controlled his worse instincts (often too rash) was very good for us.

However when his levels dropped and he started to believe regardless of performance he "deserved" time, he lost it.

His decision not to take a loan anywhere also says a lot about him.

I wish him the best, but in no world do I believe we failed Danny Rose (and he has been trying to leave since before Walker)
What behaviour do you mean?
The guy turns up in the big games unlike some

Back