• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Really? So why hasn't/doesn't he then?
Because its not that easy.

Yes, for now. But Kane has publicly said he wants to go = "i don't think Levy/the club match my ambitions at the moment". He might stay but him saying that publicly (effectively) is significant
Totally agree its significant, doesn't alter anything. Kane is our player.

As always, the proof is in the pudding when they ACTUALLY are signed...
So, a bit like the manager situation above, it's not that simple. Which other club has signed anyone so far? The window isn't even open yet.

Let's hope so..

Club are falling behind with a squad that needs a decent amount of surgery. Going BACK to the manager you deemed not good enough 18 months ago (rather than get a new/better manager than the last two mangers) is a desperate move...perhaps because many managers are showing their unwillingness to work under him?

Perhaps being the operative word, pure conjecture. The only manager that we have any information on that turned us down is the German guy that is taking on the national job.

With all that in mind why set yourself up to be a vllan if this doesn't come off?
Bear in mind up until yesterday everyone was saying how tight the club was on leaks. Then within 24 this is being reported everywhere. So the fall will be massive if it doesn't come off.

Yes.

In an earlier post you mentioned two groups of fans: Dreamers and pragmatists.
You missed out the third most toxic group: the bitchy, cynical, poisonous whingers

Ah, but there is no pleasing them, is there? Regardless!
It is hard to reason with a dreamer, and it is hard to make a pragmatist dream. But it is not impossible.
For your third category there can only be one solution (to the rest of us): A bottomless pit, a bulldozer to shove them into it, and a heck of a lot of concrete on top of them. "Now you got something to whine about, you b****d!"

The fact that senior players are asking for Pochettino is a big negative. I haven't forgotten how the pathway for our youth got destroyed under Mauricio. Under Jose, we saw Tanganga, Device, Scarlett getting game time and getting the likes of me excited. I don't think we will get that with Pochettino.

Most important thing for me is that there is a conversation about the rebuild of the team. I dont think Poch will be someone for sentiment - its quite hard-nosed. And any player who doesnt fit with where he wants to go, or past his best, will be out.

Hopefully Poch will seek assurances from Levy that he's ok for saying >=£50m net spend per year, which we should be. Assuming some initial deals this summer, that shoudl be fine if we shop well

Perhaps being the operative word, pure conjecture. The only manager that we have any information on that turned us down is the German guy that is taking on the national job.

With all that in mind why set yourself up to be a vllan if this doesn't come off?
Bear in mind up until yesterday everyone was saying how tight the club was on leaks. Then within 24 this is being reported everywhere. So the fall will be massive if it doesn't come off.

If true, the fall will indeed be massive, hence me using the 'desperate' term...

Of course all this could be made-up rumours for clicks.

IF it is true, i think it would be a desperate for both involved. Think of how it would have been viewed if after sacking Emery, Arsenal re-hired Arsene Wenger...

I'm a pragmatic dreamer.
I dream of having the club I grew up with back.
A club that won cups, and won them playing good football.
A club that was maybe not quite good enough to win the league but that entertained you.
A club everyone looked down on, but were ready to take our best players.
If you support spurs to win lots of trophies you're at the wrong club.

In the same that Levy is maybe not the chairman in the league he is the best for us, poch isn't the best manager in the world but he is imho the best for us.

If true, the fall will indeed be massive, hence me using the 'desperate' term...

IF it is true, i think it would be a desperate for both involved. Think of how it would have been viewed if after sacking Emery, Arsenal re-hired Arsene Wenger...

Were Chelsea desperate when the rehired Jose?

Health-Benefits-of-Lemons.jpg

The fact that senior players are asking for Pochettino is a big negative. I haven't forgotten how the pathway for our youth got destroyed under Mauricio. Under Jose, we saw Tanganga, Device, Scarlett getting game time and getting the likes of me excited. I don't think we will get that with Pochettino.

Poch was giving Skipp a lot of game time and had just promoted Tanganga and Parrott into the first team squad after their impressive pre-seasons in summer 2019. He also seemed a fan of Eyoma.

People have been saying for years that that particular U21 age group that was maturing at that point wasn't very special, and that the better players were in the (then too young) U18/Scarlett group. If the best Poch had to pick from was really Shilow Tracey, Kazaiah Sterling and George Marsh, maybe that's why he wasn't promoting them?

Most important thing for me is that there is a conversation about the rebuild of the team. I dont think Poch will be someone for sentiment - its quite hard-nosed. And any player who doesnt fit with where he wants to go, or past his best, will be out.

If that were the case, he would have a chance to build something different but I have seen nothing during his tenure to suggest he'll kick out any of the old guard. Once the results and performances went downhill, his starting XI hardly changed. I can't think of anyone who managed to force his way into the first team - even Moura was back on the bench for the CL final. The only time I've read something suggesting he wanted to get rid of someone was when we sold Walker.

In any case, he doesn't really strike me as a ruthless manager. Having said that, it must be incredibly difficult to get rid of someone who had a big hand in helping you achieve some measure of success on the pitch. It's not as easy as discarding a guy on Football Manager - but that's one of the reasons why I'm not too keen on the idea of having him back so soon.

Would have been much better for them than Arteta IMO

He's the best manager that we've been linked with. He ran out of steam last time, if he's refreshed and gets the changes that he wants, I see no reason why it couldn't be successful.

He’s the best ex-Spurs manager we’ve been linked with. I’ll give you that.

I’ll give it a go:D Everybody makes mistakes, not that I even think this was one anyway - Poch was done by the time he was sacked, emotionally especially he needed a break non-figuratively everyone could see it. The time apart has given Levy a chance to see that a big name doesn’t necessarily mean the best fit for our club, Poch might see that it’s not always all it’s cracked up to be managing one of the powerhouses in Europe, and I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you might also appreciate to be more patient with a forward thinking coach and respect there are going to be some bumps along the way for a club like ours that don’t have a bottomless pit of money....

Do not hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

Back