• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Or both are desperate?

I don't think Levy is desperate, in fact this could turn into a PR disaster for him if it all falls through.
ETH was lined up imho and I think most fans would have been happy with that.
Raising hopes like this for something that is let's say tricky for it to not happen is courting disaster.

Honestly, he'd be better off waiting for the Manure job...that would be much better than being seen to go back to where you fell out with the hierarchy whilst publicly asking them "to act like a big club"...he us at said "big club" for better or worse so looks like he's failed and not good enough at a "big club"

- None of us know if he's even on United's radar
- Maybe, just maybe Levy isn't as bad to work with as everyone likes to make out, maybe they had a good thing

I don't think Levy is desperate, in fact this could turn into a PR disaster for him if it all falls through.
ETH was lined up imho and I think most fans would have been happy with that.
Raising hopes like this for something that is let's say tricky for it to not happen is courting disaster.

You describe the very definition of desperate; it indeed could be a PR disaster but things are desperate enough to try anyway...

Get Poch back, players realise how good they had it with him, bin off any who don't, let him rebuild, we win treble in 3 years. Easy!

You describe the very definition of desperate; it indeed could be a PR disaster but things are desperate enough to try anyway...

But Levy isn't desperate.
He could appoint a very good and popular manager in ETH.
He holds all the cards with Kane.
We obviously have signings identified and are negotiating.
Stadium is about to come back online.
What's to be desperate about?

What would be inspiring?

- Potter/Parker types won't "inspire", aren't necessarily ambition
- Conte or any level like that is short term, will have English media on their back in a flash, won't unite fans
- Rodgers is probably smartest move on paper, but would be extremely expensive and has same question mark about ceiling/bottling at top step (is also not the greatest personality)

A big part that no one is talking about is Son/Kane/Lloris

- Poch on his own may not be entirely inspiring (I'd argue he would be a hit with a lot of fans if not all)
- If he made the difference re Kane/Son/Lloris committing to staying, new contracts, then it would be a brilliant signing (not saying he makes it happen, but it's one of those criteria we simply don't have line of sight to.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Poch fan. Would the second coming be as good?

As for Potter, Parker, Conte and Rogers I think they are all pretty inspiring. And would bring a fresh perspective. Although Poch might help with some players - Son certainly - I don't think he would particularly with Kane. The players already have Poch's knowledge/outlook in a way. Unless Poch has something fresh up his sleeve or new perspectives, the players will probably get more from a new manager with different ideas.

Either way we're ok. A manager who can fit in quickly and realise his legacy. Can certainly help with players like Bergjwin. Or a new manager who gives new perspectives and takes us on another level. Both work for me.

Last edited:
Well the good news is it isn't our decision either way.

We just get to bitch and judge, not choose.

Yes.

In an earlier post you mentioned two groups of fans: Dreamers and pragmatists.
You missed out the third most toxic group: the bitchy, cynical, poisonous whingers

But Levy isn't desperate.
He could appoint a very good and popular manager in ETH.

Really? So why hasn't/doesn't he then?

He holds all the cards with Kane.
Yes, for now. But Kane has publicly said he wants to go = "i don't think Levy/the club match my ambitions at the moment". He might stay but him saying that publicly (effectively) is significant

We obviously have signings identified and are negotiating.

As always, the proof is in the pudding when they ACTUALLY are signed...

Stadium is about to come back online.
Let's hope so..

What's to be desperate about?
Club are falling behind with a squad that needs a decent amount of surgery. Going BACK to the manager you deemed not good enough 18 months ago (rather than get a new/better manager than the last two mangers) is a desperate move...perhaps because many managers are showing their unwillingness to work under him?

Where's the poll?

fudging people on this board, one job, get to it people!

Conte, Poch, Potter, Parker, Rodgers, ETH, Random

The fact that senior players are asking for Pochettino is a big negative. I haven't forgotten how the pathway for our youth got destroyed under Mauricio. Under Jose, we saw Tanganga, Device, Scarlett getting game time and getting the likes of me excited. I don't think we will get that with Pochettino.

We would with the Europa Conference League lol

But, yes I agree

He's the best manager that we've been linked with. He ran out of steam last time, if he's refreshed and gets the changes that he wants, I see no reason why it couldn't be successful.

I disagree, Conte is a much bigger name in world football, and would be considered by most as a better manager. We've also been linked with Allegri, albeit briefly, who's also considered superior to Poch.

I don't think the world of football is as interested in Spurs as we are. Pochettino's biggest achievement is reaching a Champions League final, something we will remember for ever but that will be forgotten by everybody else in a couple of years' time. The average lifespan of a manager at a top club is, what? Three years, maybe. So Europe's big boys are looking for managers who can make an instant impact and have won things elsewhere.

Pochettino has won a French Cup (hi Finney!) and he's never been successful, except at Spurs. For some reason, PSG are only looking for up and coming managers (Emery, Tuchel, Pochettino). My guess is it's because Leonardo wants to stay in control, something he wouldn't be able to do if they appointed a bigger name, like Mourinho or Allegri, but, at the end of the day, I don't really care.

A top manager is a guy who's worked with the best and who has won trophies with different teams, not someone who pulls a rabbit out of a hat once every blue moon. From that point of view, we've been linked with much better managers than Pochettino.

The fact that senior players are asking for Pochettino is a big negative. I haven't forgotten how the pathway for our youth got destroyed under Mauricio. Under Jose, we saw Tanganga, Device, Scarlett getting game time and getting the likes of me excited. I don't think we will get that with Pochettino.

Always amazed about this mystique about Poch bringing through youth. Especially when it was brought up as something to use against Jose.

Yes.

In an earlier post you mentioned two groups of fans: Dreamers and pragmatists.
You missed out the third most toxic group: the bitchy, cynical, poisonous whingers

I'll get myself in trouble

- The toxic group (in my experience) is a subset of the dreamers

Unrealistic expectations (not typically a problem with pragmatists) lead to disappointment, anger, blame ..

Back