• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

We don't need an arse kicker we need a rebuilder

I'm not sure, there is a culture issue at Spurs for a long time and while some of these players may have responded best to "arm around the shoulder", not sure it fixes the culture long term.

Conte will force a certain amount of clear out and demand a certain number of players.

We don't need an arse kicker we need a rebuilder

Or maybe a bit of both?
Probably from Levy and whoever’s in charge of recruitment point of view the idea of a complete rebuild is hard to stomach in that it would be an admission of failure on their part.
Most of our squad (with a couple of exceptions) should either be in their prime or coming into it. So we (they) either signed and kept the wrong players or our previous manager/coaches didn’t get the best out of them.
In that context it’s easy to imagine why an arse kicker might be the primary focus!

Wasn't them but I asked them after and he confirmed. That guy was one who told me Harry was being sacked months before.

I've been contracted by the premier league for 3 months so I'm comfortable with this source.

Apparently club want a manager who will play 3 at back because they feel that's where our resources lean towards especially at wing back and the centre halves we have.

This feels like Levy and Hitchen still thinking our players our good enough/ impossible to improve upon through the market/ can't be arsed to do a proper rebuild.

My worry in all this is does it mean Dier staying and getting games.

I'll admit Southgate not picking him has made him go up in my estimations.

This feels like Levy and Hitchen still thinking our players our good enough/ impossible to improve upon through the market/ can't be arsed to do a proper rebuild.

Conte is surely much more of a chequebook manager, no? Plus if it's him he'd surely only come if he's guarenteed funding and new players?

Then again, does Lopetegui play 3 at the back?

Ben Davies is the player who would find a big change in fortune in that shift in formation. I think he'd be nailed on for the left-side spot (as we have no left-footed CBs).

Wasn't them but I asked them after and he confirmed. That guy was one who told me Harry was being sacked months before.

I've been contracted by the premier league for 3 months so I'm comfortable with this source.

Apparently club want a manager who will play 3 at back because they feel that's where our resources lean towards especially at wing back and the centre halves we have.
I think you missed a very important "don't" out of that last sentence mate!

Ben Davies is the player who would find a big change in fortune in that shift in formation. I think he'd be nailed on for the left-side spot (as we have no left-footed CBs).

I prefer to dream that he won't be a shoe-in due to the 8 or 9 new players we bring in (one of which will be a left footed CB) ;)

EDIT: Bugger, Just realised I still have this dodgy avatar. Time for an upgrade!

Davies (plays there for Wales) & Rodon (he's comfortable playing there)

Reguilon/Aurier (likely to leave)/Doherty would enjoy the less responsibility.

You could probably argue Bale/Son/Bergwijn might be allowed less defensive work, so all benefit.

That's not quite true.... Son I think had his highest goalscoring season. Aurier also improved.

Repeat after me -> all Jose acts are evil

- His loan strategy was a huge success, Skipp, Sess, even the ones we want to go -> Foyth, CCV
- Kane, Son, PEH
- Aurier (who everyone had given up on) & Ndombele both had very good spells before the whole team fell off the cliff
- Several young players got that first season involvement and debuts (Scarlett, Devine, etc.)

Not saying Jose is who you would want to develop players, but to say the entire squad regressed individually? don't agree

His failure was more on the system

Please, Please, Please can we have some DOF gossip, it's probably as important as a new coach/manager right now with the rebuild we need

Conte being reported (rumoured/speculated) as being offered £15M-£20M pa. Doesn't leave a lot for a DoF unless Levy has been growing money-trees during lockdown.

Conte being reported (rumoured/speculated) as being offered £15M-£20M pa. Doesn't leave a lot for a DoF unless Levy has been growing money-trees during lockdown.

Levy is in a bit of a catch 22 situation here -
One hand we have a stagnating team that are not performing well, coupled with a reluctance to invest heavily in the transfer market
On the other hand we have big expensive stadium that needs filling so that we can realise the benefit of it and generate revenue

In order to fill the stadium and to get people spending 2million quid a match day (i think this is how much we make from beavertown) then the product on the pitch needs to be decent...

Need to spend money to make money now

Back