• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mid-table mediocrity: the positives

Not sure how you can throw that one out there as a positive mate????

27. Rasziak’s signing and performances inspired an impressively mordant and bitterly ironic adaptation of “we’ve got Ledley at the back”. Far more creative than anything sung these days. There will be more of that. Much more.

28. Spurs slide down the billing on all football related media. Save money on dental issues as you no longer have to grind your teeth listening to people talk about Spurs on the football podcast that you regularly listen to but secretly hate.

29. Tottenham become so average that the makers of inane alternative league tables can no longer come up with a formula to make us top.

"Table since Saint Crispin's Day...discounting goals scored by Sagittarians in the 80th-85th minute...loading. Please be Tottenham, please be Totte-for fudge sake, Palace AGAIN?"

30. Average performances lead to dwindling attendances, increasing the chance that we have to become co-tenants with West Ham in the Olympic Stadium while the Tottenham Hotspur stadium gets converted into an athletics track.

31. Marvel at the mystique of the new signing so unheralded that no highlight package has even been produced for them. Chatter excitedly amongst yourselves as the mysterious stranger stands on the sidelines, ready to debut.

"Ah, so this must be Milenko Acimovic."

"That's Alton Thelwell mate."

32. Tottenham matches become something to have on in the background - this reduced interest provokes philosophical thought experiments in the Tottenham fan. "If an Eric Dier mistake happens and there is nobody in this room to watch it as I'm on the dark web trying to get drugs delivered to my brother's address, then did it really happen?"

33. Rejoice as previously painful memories of missed opportunities and lost finals transform into something to cherish as they have happened to a group of players that you now despise.

28. Spurs slide down the billing on all football related media. Save money on dental issues as you no longer have to grind your teeth listening to people talk about Spurs on the football podcast that you regularly listen to but secretly hate.

29. Tottenham become so average that the makers of inane alternative league tables can no longer come up with a formula to make us top.

"Table since Saint Crispin's Day...discounting goals scored by Sagittarians in the 80th-85th minute...loading. Please be Tottenham, please be Totte-for fudge sake, Palace AGAIN?"

30. Average performances lead to dwindling attendances, increasing the chance that we have to become co-tenants with West Ham in the Olympic Stadium while the Tottenham Hotspur stadium gets converted into an athletics track.

31. Marvel at the mystique of the new signing so unheralded that no highlight package has even been produced for them. Chatter excitedly amongst yourselves as the mysterious stranger stands on the sidelines, ready to debut.

"Ah, so this must be Milenko Acimovic."

"That's Alton Thelwell mate."

32. Tottenham matches become something to have on in the background - this reduced interest provokes philosophical thought experiments in the Tottenham fan. "If an Eric Dier mistake happens and there is nobody in this room to watch it as I'm on the dark web trying to get drugs delivered to my brother's address, then did it really happen?"

33. Rejoice as previously painful memories of missed opportunities and lost finals transform into something to cherish as they have happened to a group of players that you now despise.

Lots of individual likes needed for these, but especially 29) and 31). Feeling much better about the future already.

34. Dreaming that the next midfield maestro will come through ranks to follow Samways, Hazard, Danny Hill, Darren Caskey, Johnnie Jackson, Harry Winks.

35. Getting excited signing an ageing superstar who will solve all our issues.

I confess to having lost interest in football over the last few years but still pop in here occasionally to check everyone's grammar :)

This thread has cheered me up immensely.

Next season, I will be mostly hoping for less fewer and fewer lesses.

Has anyone else noticed Spurs are only successful when the year begins with a one?

I confess to having lost interest in football over the last few years but still pop in here occasionally to check everyone's grammar :)

This thread has cheered me up immensely.

Next season, I will be mostly hoping for less fewer and fewer lesses.

Has anyone else noticed Spurs are only successful when the year begins with a one?
Is an emoji at the end of a sentence an acceptable replacement for a full stop?

Less players in the International competitions meaning they get a well needed longer pre season and won’t be knackered.

This true blue spurs battle hardened fans who come alive at the meltdown of yet another false dawn
I actually think there will be more posting on this forum. When we were flying high before Christmas, this place was a graveyard. Once we started to drop further down the table, the discussion picked up, and now it's buzzing in multiple threads.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Fantastic thread.

36. Knowing the season is over in February or March because we'll neither get relegated or threaten the European places. You can enjoy March to May stress free. Maybe plan your summer holidays knowing youll have more money in your pocket and no prospect of midweek European qualifiers.

Fantastic thread.

36. Knowing the season is over in February or March because we'll neither get relegated or threaten the European places. You can enjoy March to May stress free. Maybe plan your summer holidays knowing youll have more money in your pocket and no prospect of midweek European qualifiers.

I do not think we will be safe from the threat of relegation in March.

I do not think we will be safe from the threat of relegation in March.

Did this mid table mediocrity drill for almost 20 years. The only times I remember us being in any serious danger was Ossie in 93-94, Gross in 97-98 and Pleaty in 03-04. Aside from that, I was always fairly comfortable in March knowing we had fudge all to play for.

Hello mid table mediocrity, my old friend.

After the Redknapp team and subsequently the Poch teams, it feels like we made a leap and missed the trapeze wire and are plummeting to earth again. Watching that BBC series on the birth of the Premier League we are nowhere to be seen. My expectations had reached an all time low in the 90's/noughties. The positive was that back then I went to London for the weekend, went to watch us beat Pompey or Boro, hardly ever went to a "big name" match, had a load of beer and a ruby, came home happy.
The problem is with the CL qualification, new stadium, some great players, etc, my hope was raised too much. The positive would be for me, that if I can readjust my way of thinking, I can return to my old enjoyable ways and not worry about ever winning anything!

Did this mid table mediocrity drill for almost 20 years. The only times I remember us being in any serious danger was Ossie in 93-94, Gross in 97-98 and Pleaty in 03-04. Aside from that, I was always fairly comfortable in March knowing we had fudge all to play for.

Hello mid table mediocrity, my old friend.

Well from pretty much 2006 onwards we were playing for uefa europa league.

But I get your point.

Back