• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Do you know the situation he walked into?
At PSG
They were 1 point off top
The team they lost too had sold their best players that summer and had to recruit a new striker, keeper and CB
There can’t be any excuses when you manage PSG with their spending and wages
Lyon were top when they sacked Tuchel and that was because he crictised the way they lost players on frees

At PSG
The team they lost too had sold their best players that summer and had to recruit a new striker, keeper and CB
There can’t be any excuses when Pochettino's managing PSG with their spending and wages
Lyon were top when they sacked Tuchel and that was because he crictised the way they lost players on frees

At PSG
There can’t be any excuses when you manage PSG with their spending and wages

Lille finished 4 th last year, and second the season befor they are not some amateur team? PSG were awarded the title last season too rather than winning it, because of covid. Lille’s manager has been building them up and they have some fine players, I hope soumare is one we are looking at. Lille have the best defence in France so they pounced on PSG weakness. There was instability and problems at PSG this season, which is clearly why Tuchel was unhappy. For all their money, they are playing 2 Everton rejects in Moise Keane and Idrissa Gueye and an ageing Di Maria who is past his best. They look completely ordinary without Mbappe. I guess Mbappe and Neymar aside France is not the first place top drawer players tend to go to. Yet they still beat Barca and Bayern. I am sure it will be different next season assuming they secure Mbappe and bring in some new faces.

Lille finished 4 th last year, and second the season befor they are not some amateur team? PSG were awarded the title last season too rather than winning it, because of covid. Lille’s manager has been building them up and they have some fine players, I hope soumare is one we are looking at. Lille have the best defence in France so they pounced on PSG weakness. There was instability and problems at PSG this season, which is clearly why Tuchel was unhappy. For all their money, they are playing 2 Everton rejects in Moise Keane and Idrissa Gueye and an ageing Di Maria who is past his best. They look completely ordinary without Mbappe. I guess Mbappe and Neymar aside France is not the first place top drawer players tend to go to. Yet they still beat Barca and Bayern. I am sure it will be different next season assuming they secure Mbappe and bring in some new faces.

awarded the title - whilst technically true they were 12 clear with a game in hand when it was cancelled.

Im not sure how they wouldn’t have won it!

Not winning the league with PSG is a failure, partly his and partly the previous manager.

Some of the criticism aimed at him in France is a lack of a plan B

awarded the title - whilst technically true they were 12 clear with a game in hand when it was cancelled.

Im not sure how they wouldn’t have won it!

Not winning the league with PSG is a failure, partly his and partly the previous manager.

Some of the criticism aimed at him in France is a lack of a plan B
Yeah but he can't win mate, wins 2 trophies and they are not good enough, doesn't win the league in a season where he picked up a team that was struggling relative to other seasons and it's a failure. Go figure. Football management must be easy. It's the narrative that's bollox and weirdly anti Poch.

Yeah but he can't win mate, wins 2 trophies and they are not good enough, doesn't win the league in a season where he picked up a team that was struggling relative to other seasons and it's a failure. Go figure. Football management must be easy. It's the narrative that's bollox and weirdly anti Poch.

Two domestic cups which he spent time knocking whilst here.

I think if you look at some of the criticism aimed at him by the media in France they all seem to say the same things

The above mentioned no plan B
The over reliance on 2/3 players to pull something out the bag
Poor/lack of subs
Unable to motivate for the domestic games.

Which we can recognise from Spurs teams. - minus the last one - you could argue domestic cups.

Do I think he’s a good manager? Yes

Do I think he has a lot to improve on? Yes

I think PSG will be considering his future, whilst it’s not fair, that’s what elite clubs tend to do.

Two domestic cups which he spent time knocking whilst here.

I think if you look at some of the criticism aimed at him by the media in France they all seem to say the same things

The above mentioned no plan B
The over reliance on 2/3 players to pull something out the bag
Poor/lack of subs
Unable to motivate for the domestic games.

Which we can recognise from Spurs teams. - minus the last one - you could argue domestic cups.

Do I think he’s a good manager? Yes

Do I think he has a lot to improve on? Yes

I think PSG will be considering his future, whilst it’s not fair, that’s what elite clubs tend to do.
Still the best manager we've had since Keith burkinshaw. Yeah he can improve but so can all managers. I doubt very much his job is in danger but if it was he would have no problems walking into another top job. So yeah let the press write whatever they like, they are always after a story, there's not much to write about in French football.

How many semi-finals and finals and other opportunities, for Spurs and England, has Harry appeared in and lost? Has Harry appeared in and then underperformed? This narrative that he hasn't had an opportunity to win with Spurs is revisionist BS and should stop.

We had a squad good enough to get to the final or last man standing situations but when they fail to get across the line that is ENIC/Levy's fault. We should have had MORE opportunities IMO but it isn't like there have been NO opportunities in the last decade.

You can go further than this. How many finals and semi finals has he actually had a good game and been let down by his team mates? I'm struggling to think of one.

How many semi-finals and finals and other opportunities, for Spurs and England, has Harry appeared in and lost? Has Harry appeared in and then underperformed? This narrative that he hasn't had an opportunity to win with Spurs is revisionist BS and should stop.

We had a squad good enough to get to the final or last man standing situations but when they fail to get across the line that is ENIC/Levy's fault. We should have had MORE opportunities IMO but it isn't like there have been NO opportunities in the last decade.
Kane shrinks like the rest of them do in crunch games.
There’s no trophies for scoring against a 10th placed arsenal in a random PL game I’m afraid.

If you want silverware, turn up in the finals and semis finals you appear in.
Score that one on one v Leicester at WHL and he might have a PL trophy.
Score that one on one v Croatia and he might have a World Cup.

Tired of Kane not scoring when it really matters being “because Davies and Njie”

Surely that’s like saying we can’t criticise Jose because we don’t know what he told the players to do though......?

As a coach who was quoted as saying he was relishing working with Tanganga and Sanchez (the latter who had an atrocious season, and Tanganga who has all the hallmarks of being a brilliant player yet didn’t get a look in) plus thinking that Dier had a good season and is a leader, I don’t think King should be coaching our first team yet.

Legend status, and Jose’s management aside, I saw nothing really except half a season of players who couldn’t trap a ball, pass a ball, defend, attack or keep possession for four passes.
As a first team coach, he takes a huge amount of flak.

He's not a coach. He is an assistant coach, learning how to become a coach. He's doing his apprenticeship. He'll at some point go off and do his badges if he wants. Then he might become a coach.

He's not a coach. He is an assistant coach, learning how to become a coach. He's doing his apprenticeship. He'll at some point go off and do his badges if he wants. Then he might become a coach.
As I said, he is quoted as saying he likens Sanchez to himself and was relishing the chance to work with him in training and bring out the best in him.
He also feels Dier is a leader and should be at the Euros.

Not for me

There was a graphic floating around the other week - don't know if you recall it. Since leaving us, in the last ten or so years,former Spurs players have won 118 or so trophies.

What's more likely - that our players are uniquely mentally weak, or that the best squads with the best players who spend money when it matters...win the trophies that matter?

When Kane wants to win a trophy with us, what he means is that he wants us to be favorites in the finals we play. None of the finals Kane has played in have seen us as favorites, and that is down to the dirt cheap bargain bin spivs in charge and their uselessness over the past 20 long years. Every manager we've had who has bucked the general trend of underperformance has done so against the tide, with his hands tied behind his back on account of Levy, Lewis, and ENIC - the fact that Kane, our boyhood hero done good, wants to leave, is down to them and the way they've failed at building us winning teams.

As for semi-finals, come on mate. Someone even tried using quarter finals the other day as a marker of ENIC doing their job - wouldn't be surprised if someone tries first knockout round appearances next. Stick to finals, please.

And as for finals, interesting fact - we've been in as many finals in the last decade as Aston Villa. Except Villa have gone down a division and come back up in that time.

There was a graphic floating around the other week - don't know if you recall it. Since leaving us, in the last ten or so years,former Spurs players have won 118 or so trophies.

What's more likely - that our players are uniquely mentally weak, or that the best squads with the best players who spend money when it matters...win the trophies that matter?

When Kane wants to win a trophy with us, what he means is that he wants us to be favorites in the finals we play. None of the finals Kane has played in have seen us as favorites, and that is down to the dirt cheap bargain bin spivs in charge and their uselessness over the past 20 long years. Every manager we've had who has bucked the general trend of underperformance has done so against the tide, with his hands tied behind his back on account of Levy, Lewis, and ENIC - the fact that Kane, our boyhood hero done good, wants to leave, is down to them and the way they've failed at building us winning teams.

As for semi-finals, come on mate. Someone even tried using quarter finals the other day as a marker of ENIC doing their job - wouldn't be surprised if someone tries first knockout round appearances next. Stick to finals, please.

And as for finals, interesting fact - we've been in as many finals in the last decade as Aston Villa. Except Villa have gone down a division and come back up in that time.
What’s likely is they leave to go to clubs where other players have the right mentality and it becomes a level for them to aspire too
You join a team that wins things, you tend to win things
United are seeing that currently… they can’t over the line currently
What we needed was Poch taking the cups a bit more seriously and one may have lead to others possibly

You're grasping here. There's enough genuine examples you could give without the clickbait 118 trophies graphic. Even I could probably win a trophy if I moved to the paperclip league. And I'm sure I've barely kicked a football in my life.

You're grasping here. There's enough genuine examples you could give without the clickbait 118 trophies graphic. Even I could probably win a trophy if I moved to the paperclip league. And I'm sure I've barely kicked a football in my life.

Nah, mate. What's grasping is this idea that Spurs players or the manager are uniquely mentally weak - I used to believe that, but I gradually realised that it just couldn't be the case. That graphic proves it, imo - nothing wrong with these lads.

It's not Kane et al failing at the death all the time, it's simply us not having the squad to get us over the line, because every final we have been to in the past ten years, we've been underdogs.

The responsibility for winning isn't on Kane single-handedly fighting the inertia and lethargy of an entire club built on penny-pinching, on doing just enough to pretend to care about competing without actually doing what it takes. Quite rightly, anyone would be tired of that. He wants to move somewhere where he can be a winner in a team of winners - and sadly, that isn't here, and won't be here as long as that ex Mr.Byrite spiv and his boss are in charge.

All that talk about us being sexy, of failing at the death - that culture of failure. It stems from Levy and Lewis deciding winning isn't the aim, and never, ever has been. Making money for ENIC is the ultimate aim. All else stems from there.

The one positive that's coming out of this miserable off-season for the club so far is that people are no longer buying Levy's lies. the reactions to his Comical Ali video are proving it, and are heartening to see - hopefully that pressure only grows, and we can build a club free of him and his boss, focused on winning - so the likes of Kane don't have to leave.

Back