• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Call it what you want, its the truth. As you well know. Levy has made mistakes and no one ( as far as i can see) can not see that, but you are wrong about Grealish and as i said before as long as you keep peddling that brick i will reply to it.
We had 10+ weeks to do a deal for him. Villa were desperate for the money. They had a tax bill that needed to be paid otherwise they would’ve been wound up. The manager and player had spoke, everything was aligned except our penny pinching chairman. After 10+ weeks of low ball bids Villa got new investment and suddenly we found the £25m fee only for their new investors to block it. On deadline day we offered £35m.... £35m for a player that we could’ve signed for £25m on days 1, 2, 3, 4..... 70 of the window. Only in Daniel Levy’s mind is a player worth £10m more on deadline day than day 1 of the window. Imagine if we had a chairman who wanted to get player in early so his manager had time to work with them?... I’m really looking forward to our chairman spending the £100m we’ll get for Kane this summer....

Well that was fun.

I honestly wouldn’t mind if we replaced the whole squad, minus Kane and Son. Get in a promising young manager that will inject some passion, fight and belief back into this club. Then maybe in a few years we will get lucky and win and odd cup. And that’s pretty much all we can look forward to, unless we get bought up by some multi billionaire and become a financially doped club like your Man Cities and Chelseas. Depressing fudging times.
Kane and Son are the first two to go.... why would either stay?

We had 10+ weeks to do a deal for him. Villa were desperate for the money. The manager and player had spoke, everything was aligned except our penny pinching chairman. After 10+ weeks of low ball bids Villa got new investment and suddenly we found the £25m fee only for their new investors to block it. On deadline day we offered £35m.... £35m for a player that we could’ve signed for £25m on days 1, 2, 3, 4..... 70 of the window. Only in Daniel Levy’s mind is a player worth £10m more on deadline day than day 1 of the window. I’m again even if we had a chairman who wanted to get player in early so his manager had time to work with them?... I’m really looking forward to our chairman spending the £100m we’ll get for Kane this summer....

Well at least you are sticking to the s ame gonad*s you tried to spin before. Deal was done, hands shook and the deal was blocked before the new owners even signed the takeover after saying they would pull out of the deal if he was sold.

But you know that because we have been over this many times.

This may have been covered elsewhere but one of my pals (spurs) sent me a screenshot of an article saying 27 players have left spurs since 2008 (our last trophy, if you need reminding) and gone on to win silverware.

I know we have sold a lot in that time but that's shocking.

Us fans have written it and known for a while:

1. Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko and Davies are not CL players. They can help fill out the squad but shouldn't be starting regularly.

2. We have issues in midfield and haven't adequately rebuilt since Eriksen and Demebele. In this game Mason didn't do anything to bolster our midfield which was overrun when villa turned up the pressure.

3. We are not a ruthless side. The players are too nice as Jose said. Even against Wolves when 2-0 up we took our foot off the pedal and tried to cruise home. A better team than Wolves might have punished us. We need players or a manager who get the team playing one way, regardless of the score.

Get Toby a proper CB to play with, give us a proper midfield unit, and we'd be lot more secure. It's been a long season and a long year for fans, with not much cheer. We need a lift in the last game, but it will be a tough one!

Kane and Son are the first two to go.... why would either stay?

I think ENIC's PR machine is going to have a fascinating job on their hands to manage all of this. The ESL piece has awakened in all fans the knowledge that if their voices can be heard, change can happen. So you have a certain section more energised, but you also have the fact that we are clearly being managed back towards a level that ENIC are comfortable with, after overachieving to a point that they never thought they would get to that soon.

I'm sure they wouldn't trade the CL run for the PR problem they now have, but having to explain why we have been allowed to regress...it's going to be really interesting to see how they attempt to keep the fans on side. When you add in ESL fallout and Kane wanting to leave, how do they do it.

Of course, the real answer is they spend everything the club generates, and 'pushing on' from the position we got ourselves to wasn't possible, unless they chucked more money in, which they don't want to do. But at what point are fans broadly going to stop being ok with it, given the club showed what was possible with smart investment, great coaching and good strategy? At what point does paying £60 for no trophies stop being ok? They never intended for us to be a regular CL club that quickly, and now they have to explain why, in a way that gets most of the fans back onside.

I think ENIC's PR machine is going to have a fascinating job on their hands to manage all of Derp The ESL piece has awakened in all fans the knowledge that if their voices can be heard, change can happen. So you have a certain section more energised, but you also have the fact that we are clearly being managed back towards a level that ENIC are comfortable with, after overachieving to a point that they never thought they would get to that soon.

I'm sure they wouldn't trade the CL run for the PR problem they now have, but having to explain why we have been allowed to regress...it's going to be really interesting to see how they attempt to keep the fans on side. When you add in ESL fallout and Kane wanting to leave, how do they do it.

Of course, the real answer is they spend everything the club generates, and 'pushing on' from the position we got ourselves to wasn't possible, unless they chucked more money in, which they don't want to do. But at what point are fans broadly going to stop being ok with it, given the club showed what was possible with smart investment, great coaching and good strategy? At what point does paying £60 for no trophies stop being ok? They never intended for us to be a regular CL club that quickly, and now they have to explain why, in a way that gets most of the fans back onside.
You in cloud cuckoo land if you think fans can be heard
The only thing that gets heard are some boos

for all of the goals and assists they do get, it's common for a performance like this to involve 90 mins of Kane and Son doing nothing to change it

This may have been covered elsewhere but one of my pals (spurs) sent me a screenshot of an article saying 27 players have left spurs since 2008 (our last trophy, if you need reminding) and gone on to win silverware.

I know we have sold a lot in that time but that's shocking.

Yep, they’ve won 114 trophies between them.

Put an ounce of pressure onto this side and they fall apart. That is the biggest issue for me. That is why we often look so shyte when we score first. Teams up the pressure and attack, and instead of going toe to toe and fighting back, our players crumble.

You in cloud cuckoo land if you think fans can be heard
The only thing that gets heard are some boos

They're putting a fan on the board.

Why do you think Levy employs Donna Cullen in such a close role? PR and the consent of the fans is quite important to them. The narrative that they are ambitious is important to them. Flying around Europe trying to get Aguero and Dybala and juuuuust coming short are important stories for them to have out there.

They play a PR game because they need the fans onside. Too many protests at too loud a voice starts to weaken their position.

gonad*s, keep on thinking that and we will never get anywhere, we need a major overall of players and if we do not do that we will keep going through managers.
That major overhaul does need to be ok'd by the chairman though. Unless of course he doesn't feel it's necessary.

They're putting a fan on the board.

Why do you think Levy employs Donna Cullen in such a close role? PR and the consent of the fans is quite important to them. The narrative that they are ambitious is important to them. Flying around Europe trying to get Aguero and Dybala and juuuuust coming short are important stories for them to have out there.

They play a PR game because they need the fans onside. Too many protests at too loud a voice starts to weaken their position.
They don’t care
They really don’t
Not sure how fans protesting the way Spurs fans do does anything tbh
It lacks substance

That major overhaul does need to be ok'd by the chairman though. Unless of course he doesn't feel it's necessary.

Of course, but he will not want us to fall any further then we have at this time and he knows better then us fans that the rebuild is important. Even if i do not believe some of the brick around about him being tight its pretty obvious he sees the depth we have sunk too.

Back