• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Having seen the Amazon documentary I can’t help but wonder what it’s like in the Spurs canteen with them all eating at their tables looking at Sky Sports News that’s always on the screens and seeing them go on about Kane asking for a transfer. Must be a bit weird:D....

This is so true and maybe they have little choice but to put something else on like the history of great spurs goals on repeat or something.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the levy/kane talks since the news broke.

To paraphrase Brian Clough, " Now put all your medals and throw them in the bin..." because they mean nothing. I have nothing but contempt for players who shop around for trophies, because it is cheating in a way and makes the 'achievement pretty much meaningless. Where is the achievement in winning at PSG or City over the last ten years really for those who have gone there looking for success? Real achievement is in those who have stayed the course and won things, such as players at Leicester.

To paraphrase Brian Clough, " Now put all your medals and throw them in the bin..." because they mean nothing. I have nothing but contempt for players who shop around for trophies, because it is cheating in a way and makes the 'achievement pretty much meaningless. Where is the achievement in winning at PSG or City over the last ten years really for those who have gone there looking for success? Real achievement is in those who have stayed the course and won things, such as players at Leicester.

So true and also you’d have to think there has been many conversations lately where Levy has asked Kane to reconsider and no doubt Kane’s first question always is how do we improve and compete.

He must have asked Levy why Lewis doesn't spend any of his own money when he’s mega rich and probably doesn’t have too many years left alive.

I guess Levy gets out of it by stating ffp has been tightened etc but suppose lewis could do a dodgy stadium sponsorship deal like city did with etihad.

Suppose its easier when saudi arabia has a billionaire on every corner and there all part of the same extended family or something. In fact ffp is obviously meaningless the way chelsea still go on.

So Kane has obviously been saying get Lewis to invest or sell up to someone who will.

I suppose the answer is no and no sadly.

I've got a solution if it's about winning the PL/trophies...

Harry starts next season with Spurs, in January we review where we are in terms of the PL, if City haven't given everyone a head start like this season and it's looking unlikely we'll be in with a shout of winning the title. Then we loan HK to City for the remainder of the season with a (£xxm loan fee), City win the title HK gets a PL medal and playing in the knockout stages of the CL (potentially winning that too), and the EFL and FA Cup quadruple (also won't be able to score against us, so giving us an advantage over the other 18 teams).

HK doesn't miss out on scoring PL goals and still on target for Shearers record. Returns to Spurs the following season, to break Jimmy Greaves record but with the guaranteed trophies.

Anyway you know the 10k fans tonight wont stop singing about him, hopefully bring him to tears and announce after on reflection he couldn’t possibly ever leave :D

Just read he's never scored in a semi final or final.
By my reckoning, in 12 final/semi-final games for club and country he scored just the once in open play - in the FA Cup SF 2-4 defeat to Chelsea in 2016/17.

For such a prolific striker one solitary goal in 12 finals/semi-finals is a freaky stat. Sad really because he certainly had his chances to win silverware with Tottenham.

One thing to note here. He asked to leave last summer? So within 12 months of being in a CL final he decides the club is brick and its time to move on?
I totally understand his pov this season. We've been treading water at best for 2 years. But last year *could* have been simply a bad year, traumatic after the CL final loss/manager change. Plenty of examples of other clubs dropping out of the top 4 for a season and then bouncing back. He didn't even want to entertain that? Wow.

I mean this situation is still down to Levy and incompetence on the football side but I think that's pretty damn impatient from Kane. You shouldn't have signed a 6 year contract in that case mate.

And another thing - if Levy knew this situation was brewing why did he wait so long before swinging the axe on Mourinho? Hung on until all hope of top 4 was lost. Absolute shambles while down the road Chelsea make the change early and get the results.

Back