• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I really do not see that many jobs in England for Rogers at this present time. He will not get the Liverpool job ( for obvious reasons) Utd will stick with Ole for another year, he has NO chance of getting the City job. That leaves Chelski, at the moment they are doing well under Tuchel so there will be no movement there for at least another season at least.

Everton despite what s ome say are not as big a draw as we are and the same goes for the Arse. Now i am not saying that i want Rogers and he may stay at Leicester for another season but to those who think we are not a club that will appeal to him all i can say is you are having a laugh.

Depends if we are actually capable of spending in a way that allows us to compete for the title. We buy GLC and N'Dombele for 50ishM, Chelsea go out and spend 80M+ on Havertz. If the numbers at the other clubs keep going up, our increased spending power might not make that much difference. If we do actually spend like a top club, then great. I'm all for it.

But I think this is exactly the thing potential managers are evaluating when it comes to the Spurs job. The stadium, the global profile, work with players like Kane, the training ground, the academy. It's all there. This *should* be an incredible job. But it doesn't mean much if we aren't going to challenge for the title.

If the argument is; surely a manager with self belief could see what this job did to Pochettino, a man sacked after working miracles, I'm not sure it's a great one. Come to Spurs! Live within your means! Push for 4th! Get sacked if you scrape 6th! Put your heart and soul in to fighting the big guns and actually making it happen, only to get sacked anyway!

I then come back to my over-riding point. If we are now actually going to spend in a way that is similar to the teams contending for the title, I am all for it. I'm on the ENIC train in that case, and I think good managers will be mad not to have a run at it with Spurs. If they are still going to be relatively constrained compared to our competitors in the top 6, I think managers probably look at Pochettino as a cautionary tale, rather than as an inspiration.

Chelsea sold a lot of squad players the last couple of years to help cover the cost of those players, revenue wise we're aren't far away so you'd expect to see similar spending over the next few years, unless ffp is well and truly dead and Abramovich starts ploughing money in again. City + United always going to be able to outspend but we should be capable of matching the others (and have been so far post-stadium) if that's our position in the market then good management should be able to take that and compete.

All of that is great, but if it adds up to realistically 4th at a push, I'm not sure it is actually attractive. If it is all of that, plus the players to really challenge for the title, I think it's a great job.

Your last line is taking a very favourable view of Spurs and our place in the world. There will be managers that would do really well for us, if they could just be arsed to work within our constraints. We have a lot going for us, but it needs to translate in to realistically challenging for the title. If it doesn't, I don't actually see this as a very attractive job for the top candidates. For the Potters and Parkers of the world, it's an opportunity to manage in Europe and work with bigger names. If we get Rodgers, I'll be happy and impressed that we have a pitch that can attract someone from a club that will finish above us, and be in the CL next season.

no what I’m doing is not taking a negative view on everything
There are more than enough good things here for manager to worn with
Rogers had a great season and almost won the title at pool. That’s as good as it’s ever got for him at pool arguably with far less resources than we have now. It’s up to him then if we want him
Keep Leicester in the top 4 abs punching above their weight
Or take a club that the rest of European football believe is a top 12 side in Europe (the ESL confirmed that even if some of our fans don’t) and have another crack at the big prizes

Depends if we are actually capable of spending in a way that allows us to compete for the title. We buy GLC and N'Dombele for 50ishM, Chelsea go out and spend 80M+ on Havertz. If the numbers at the other clubs keep going up, our increased spending power might not make that much difference. If we do actually spend like a top club, then great. I'm all for it.

But I think this is exactly the thing potential managers are evaluating when it comes to the Spurs job. The stadium, the global profile, work with players like Kane, the training ground, the academy. It's all there. This *should* be an incredible job. But it doesn't mean much if we aren't going to challenge for the title.

If the argument is; surely a manager with self belief could see what this job did to Pochettino, a man sacked after working miracles, I'm not sure it's a great one. Come to Spurs! Live within your means! Push for 4th! Get sacked if you scrape 6th! Put your heart and soul in to fighting the big guns and actually making it happen, only to get sacked anyway!

I then come back to my over-riding point. If we are now actually going to spend in a way that is similar to the teams contending for the title, I am all for it. I'm on the ENIC train in that case, and I think good managers will be mad not to have a run at it with Spurs. If they are still going to be relatively constrained compared to our competitors in the top 6, I think managers probably look at Pochettino as a cautionary tale, rather than as an inspiration.

A terrific post. Imagine if you were joining a company and you had heard that from many people that they woo you in with promises but they never follow through - salary reviews, training, promotions - eventually that firm would have such a bad rep that good people would steer clear of them. And ENIC/Levy have brought this on themselves. Too many Managers will have been persuaded that we will challenge for top players only to find Levy scratching around in the bargain bin on deadline day.
So a decent prospective manager will ask what success looks like to ENIC. Now if Levy says they cannot afford top players on top wages any time soon i would say, "Well Mr Levy, with that approach I suggest 6th is about par with an occasional 4th if luck is with us and the odd final - are you happy with that, because that's what your strategy will achieve, no matter who the Manager is?" Simple conversation - Levy can't get away with flannelling top managers any more... And doesn't deserve to..

I really do not see that many jobs in England for Rogers at this present time. He will not get the Liverpool job ( for obvious reasons) Utd will stick with Ole for another year, he has NO chance of getting the City job. That leaves Chelski, at the moment they are doing well under Tuchel so there will be no movement there for at least another season at least.

Everton despite what s ome say are not as big a draw as we are and the same goes for the Arse. Now i am not saying that i want Rogers and he may stay at Leicester for another season but to those who think we are not a club that will appeal to him all i can say is you are having a laugh.

I don't think anyone is saying those jobs are available this summer. I certainly don't think he'd leave Leicester for Everton. I think there's a good chance he weighs up the Spurs job versus sticking with Leicester for another year, seeing how he does in the CL, and seeing what comes up next year.

BTW Arsenal is also an interesting case here. I also don't think they have a pitch to convince managers they are worth the struggle either. Clearly their finances are fudged, clearly they have an ageing squad with some decent players scattered in and some good youth coming through. But same thing - good stadium, good profile, you'd think it would be a really good job for someone. Get them back to former glory. And if they actually had the weight behind them to invest to get them back there, they would attract someone with more experience challenging for the big titles than Emery, and more experience period than Arteta.

They clearly don't have the pitch to attract a big name. I'm not sure Rodgers would leave for Arsenal either. I think he would leave Leicester for United, Chelsea or City, because those are the clubs that look most likely to continue to invest to challenge (ignoring Liverpool in this example since he's been there). Otherwise it's not at all obvious Leicester is worth leaving for Arsenal, or Spurs.

Wouldn’t be a surprise if United ditch Ole within the next 12 months. Who would they appoint next? It doesn’t matter whether you or I think they’d hire Rodgers, the point is whether in his own mind Rodgers thinks he’d be in the frame. If he does then would he risk moving to Spurs? Probably not.
They would next go for a proven manager IMO
They wanted Poch but ole did better than expected
United a car crash when it comes to decisions

What im finding odd if the same people who think Kane should leave to a side that’s gonna win trophies also think that a managed of Leicester city wouldn’t think the same thing

Probably because leicester have a better chance of winning trophies at the moment?
They have this weekend for sure
First final since 69 I think
Fair play to them
I have no issue with Leicester but the same fans saying Kane won’t stay for they little cups (league cup, fa cup, europa) are also saying Brendan wouldn’t come here....
If he is as good as people may think he should have a go at winning the big things and our resources would offer him a better chance.

What im finding odd if the same people who think Kane should leave to a side that’s gonna win trophies also think that a managed of Leicester city wouldn’t think the same thing

Again, just a very positive view of Spurs, given that we aren't above them in the League, aren't going to be in the CL, and aren't competing in the FA Cup final.

Again, just a very positive view of Spurs, given that we aren't above them in the League, aren't going to be in the CL, and aren't competing in the FA Cup final.
Also a historically factual one
Unless the fa cup is enough to keep players
By the way ... pool will get the CL place IMO above Leicester

mod we change our manager and as quickly as they have overtaken us in a time of crisis we could be can above them. It happens. It happens regularly

no what I’m doing is not taking a negative view on everything
There are more than enough good things here for manager to worn with
Rogers had a great season and almost won the title at pool. That’s as good as it’s ever got for him at pool arguably with far less resources than we have now. It’s up to him then if we want him
Keep Leicester in the top 4 abs punching above their weight
Or take a club that the rest of European football believe is a top 12 side in Europe (the ESL confirmed that even if some of our fans don’t) and have another crack at the big prizes

I think this is just a really disrespectful view of Leicester. They are in a cup final. They will be in the CL. They won the League very recently, and have gotten back in to Europe since. They are actually pretty consistent in the top set of clubs and have been for a few years now.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Spurs is a horrible move, and Leicester is amazing. I just think it's a marginal call at best. Nagelsmann to Bayern is near enough 100% call. No risk for him if he believes in himself. He's going to a top club to fight for the biggest prizes, with a club that will invest to always keep them in that spot.

Rodgers to Spurs is kinda 50/50. I'm sure he sees some benefits. I'm sure he sees all of the positive things about us. But Leicester may well invest a bit with their CL money and build a squad capable of continuing to compete. They did well in the League this year even with Europa commitments. It's not just an isolated decision of is Spurs a good club, is Leicester gonna fall. It's also about where he wants to get to, and what other clubs could be interested in the future. And I'd argue getting a top 5 and a top 3 finish with Leicester, plus a good European run, plus his success at Celtic, I could see him absolutely getting the United or Chelsea job at some point on the back of that. I don't know that he needs to come to Spurs, risk being seen as batting average, when he's already doing really well where he's at, and is being paid well for it.

Could also add we’ve won one trophy in the last 25-30 years, our best team for at least the last 30 years won zero, one of the most decorated managers in the game managed to not win a trophy for the first time in his career etc No one comes here to win trophies, just hope to actually achieve one....

Also a historically factual one
Unless the fa cup is enough to keep players
By the way ... pool will get the CL place IMO above Leicester

mod we change our manager and as quickly as they have overtaken us in a time of crisis we could be can above them. It happens. It happens regularly

I just think it's quite funny for a Spurs fan to be saying we are a better place to win trophies! Let's actually start winning some first before we say that.

I think, much in the same way as Bayern will always invest to stay at the top in Germany, United will always invest to stay in the top 3 in England, I think Spurs will always invest to not drop below 6th for too long. I don't see us being seen as investing enough to actually be one of the prime clubs for trophies. I hope I am wrong, and I hope we get Rodgers, but I just right now don't see it as the obvious move for him.

Could also add we’ve won one trophy in the last 25-30 years, our best team for at least the last 30 years won zero, one of the most decorated managers in the game managed to not win a trophy for the first time in his career etc No one comes here to win trophies, just hope to actually achieve one....

What Has rogers won what in England?

I just think it's quite funny for a Spurs fan to be saying we are a better place to win trophies! Let's actually start winning some first before we say that.

I think, much in the same way as Bayern will always invest to stay at the top in Germany, United will always invest to stay in the top 3 in England, I think Spurs will always invest to not drop below 6th for too long. I don't see us being seen as investing enough to actually be one of the prime clubs for trophies. I hope I am wrong, and I hope we get Rodgers, but I just right now don't see it as the obvious move for him.
What I’ve said is if a manager isn’t brave enough to recognise what Spurs can offer... then their not the right man. It’s that simple TBH. Right now, this weekend they can win a trophy, after having a great season. We could have three weeks ago after having a horrendous season
If we want Rogers and he isn’t up for the challenge then good luck to him. He can stay at Leicester, earn good money and fight to get top 4 against teams like us who IMO have a better base to achieve it more consistently.
And as I said I don’t think they will get top 4 IMO. Pool will beat them too it
Big again that’s me guessing what’s going to happen.

Back