• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I think we'll do really well to find a better back up than Vinicius, and could quite easily do worse. I feel he should have got more minutes under Mourinho as well. Another season should see him push on again, and it would be good to have some continuity when Kane moves on. I'd be prepared to pay slightly over the odds for that reason. £30-40m and scores goals vs. £20m and a dud is a no brainer.

I think we'll do really well to find a better back up than Vinicius, and could quite easily do worse. I feel he should have got more minutes under Mourinho as well. Another season should see him push on again, and it would be good to have some continuity when Kane moves on. I'd be prepared to pay slightly over the odds for that reason. £30-40m and scores goals vs. £20m and a dud is a no brainer.

£30m - £40m is way over the top for him IMO. £20m with add-ons to take it to £25m tops

It kills careers having back-up CFs in their early-to-mid 20s. Like back-up keepers, I think it's often better to have a veteran on the way down in that role (except not as bad as Hart).

I've seen us fail at so many backups to Kane, I'd be really tempted to go for Vini.

Issue is going to be Wolves want him, so is that final price closer to £20M or £30M?

I've seen us fail at so many backups to Kane, I'd be really tempted to go for Vini.

Issue is going to be Wolves want him, so is that final price closer to £20M or £30M?

We also shouldn't be touching Jorge Mendes deals with a barge-pole, now we don't have to

I agree, we have not seen enough of him to be sure but what we have he has shown that he knows how to score goals. If we can get him for a good price i hope we keep him.

Dzeko is my choice.
I get that, and Llorente did a job for us. But when Kane goes, who's to say we can get better than Vinicius? And I wouldn't want to be relying on Dzeko or any other veteran to lead us into the next season alongside a new striker who may take a season to acclimatise.
Normally I'd agree with @Gutter Boy in that a veteran on the way down is the way to go, but with Kane probably leaving I think the additional cost for Vinicius will be money well spent for the future.

Unless they keep Willian Jose. Who appears to be one that we should not be concerned about missing.

I get that, and Llorente did a job for us. But when Kane goes, who's to say we can get better than Vinicius? And I wouldn't want to be relying on Dzeko or any other veteran to lead us into the next season alongside a new striker who may take a season to acclimatise.
Normally I'd agree with @Gutter Boy in that a veteran on the way down is the way to go, but with Kane probably leaving I think the additional cost for Vinicius will be money well spent for the future.

I think Vinicius is too old - i.e. his ceiling won't be much higher than where he's at now (he's only a year younger than Kane).

In parallel to getting a Dzeko or Milik type in for the next season or two, I would certainly now be filling our ranks with the best 17-19 YO CF prospects in the world, to hedge our bets (along with Scarlett and Parrott) for a Kane heir.

If we're losing Kane I'd be expecting to us to aim higher than Vinicius as his replacement - he looks fine for a backup and if we can get a good deal would be happy to sign him but not as our starting CF

Back