• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I know some people might scoff at the likes of Dier, Foyth, Winks and Sanchez still being in there, but I think all clearly have the raw materials and are still young enough, that with some fitness, confidence and coaching, they can quickly make real strides again.

The problem isn't if they have the raw materials (I don't think they do)

- It's about wanting/needing to refresh the group
- Betting on players who after 4 years and now 3 managers pretty much are still bench options

Lo Celso & Ndombele are worth a bet because they are part of first team, and they haven't peaked out, Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Davies etc. have peaked years ago.

OK so I would sell the following:
Gazzinga 2m
Aurier 10m
Doherty 5m
Dier 15m
Sanchez 20m
Carter-vickers 5m
Foyth 10m
Sissoko Free (hope someone will take his wages on)
Lamela 10m
Ndombele 50m
Lo Celso 30m
Son 50m
Winks 10m
Davies 10m

That would bring in 222m so I would bring in the following :

Hakimi 30m inter have money worries and I think he is a great player.
Boateng Free (10m wages for 2 seasons)
Fry 15m (Middlesbrough Central defender)
Botman 25m Lille defender, fast and good tackler.

Midfield
Kessie 30m
Zakaria 40m
McNeil 20m( Burnley winger)
Brooks 25m

Olise 15m loan back

Daka 30m my favourite striker in Europe
Kolta 30m think I might have spelt his name wrong, but he looks good.

That would be 260m so we would be spending 38m similar to last summer.

I would promote youngsters like the French kid goal keeper, laviner the lad from Chelsea could be perfect as a back up right back. We can bring through more young players.

Man, you are just absolutely fudging crazy .. kudos

- Almost a full new backline and midfield with very little PL experience
- You obviously haven't taken HG quota into consideration
- 15 out including Son (his best season this year), so giving up 22 goals
- 11 in?

Our season would be over by October ..

I agree about the Vinicius replacement.

But if we are assuming Son and Alli will be fixtures in the trio behind Kane, that leaves Moura, Lamela, Bergwijn, Lo Celso and Ndombele as options/cover for the third spot. I'd guess most managers will play our FBs higher than Mourinho ever did, meaning we are unlikely to start often with two out-and-out wide forwards. It's more likely to be one, and two more interchanging #10s (more like Alli and Eriksen used to).

This is the sort of (realistic) squad I'd like to see us start next season with:

-----------------------------------Lloris/Gazzaniga

Foyth/Bogle-------Dier/Sanchez-------Andersen/Rodon-----Reguilon/Sessegnon

----------------------Hojbjerg/Skipp-------Lo Celso/Winks

-----Ndombele/Lamela-----------Alli/Moura----------Son/Bergwijn

-----------------------------------Kane/Dzeko

I know some people might scoff at the likes of Dier, Foyth, Winks and Sanchez still being in there, but I think all clearly have the raw materials and are still young enough, that with some fitness, confidence and coaching, they can quickly make real strides again.
The premier league would like to welcome Spurs to 9th place, make yourselves comfortable guys as we’re expecting a long stay....

Barcelona player out on loan. Barca are apparently strapped for cash due to their short term debt position so are likely to need to sell a fair few this summer.

Or it might be a low priced buy back deal Barca have on him as opposed to a loan? If so then could be an Alderweireld type deal where they buy him back and we then pay them twice that amount for him.

Last edited:
Barcelona player out on loan. Barca are apparently strapped for cash due to their short term debt position so are likely to need to sell a fair few this summer. Or might be a low priced buy back deal Barca have on him as opposed to a loan. If so then could be an Alderweireld type deal where they buy him back and we then pay them twice that amount for him.

Arsenal are sniffing around him too evidently

Seems to be a fair few transfers being actively pursued, if stories are to be believed.
One would think we have a manager with a shopping list.

I think it's more just the tabloids/twitterati trying to retain attention, seeing as the season has fizzled out to brick and no one gives a crap about the Euros this time round.

We might make a long term signing (Andersen this time's Siggy/Vertonghen, both signed when we were managerless IIRC?). But any coach worth his salt is going to want to do a thorough first hand assessment of the squad before deciding on any incomings or outgoings

Man, you are just absolutely fudging crazy .. kudos

- Almost a full new backline and midfield with very little PL experience
- You obviously haven't taken HG quota into consideration
- 15 out including Son (his best season this year), so giving up 22 goals
- 11 in?

Our season would be over by October ..

It would be crazier to keep our back line, a wholesale change is what is needed. Ndombele and Le Celso have prem experience and neither are any good.

The over rating of our players is holding us back.

It would be crazier to keep our back line, a wholesale change is what is needed. Ndombele and Le Celso have prem experience and neither are any good.

The over rating of our players is holding us back.

You have to put some measure of reality on it, in theory I'd agree but I can't see a team starting with 6 new players getting anything but a hiding to nowhere

Lets look at backline

2021/22 Season -> Lloris, Aurier/Tanganga, Toby/Rodon, New CB, Reguilon/Sess (one new starter)
2022/23 Season -> Lloris/new GK, new RB/Tanganga, New CB, previous year CB, Reguilon Sess (two new starters)

You can go through the lineup that way, players not good enough to start go first (hence Winks/Sissoko go, Ndombele/Lo Celso get at least one more year)

The first 11 isn't trash, the reason we lost against Leeds isn't because they have better players ..

You have to put some measure of reality on it, in theory I'd agree but I can't see a team starting with 6 new players getting anything but a hiding to nowhere

Lets look at backline

2021/22 Season -> Lloris, Aurier/Tanganga, Toby/Rodon, New CB, Reguilon/Sess (one new starter)
2022/23 Season -> Lloris/new GK, new RB/Tanganga, New CB, previous year CB, Reguilon Sess (two new starters)

You can go through the lineup that way, players not good enough to start go first (hence Winks/Sissoko go, Ndombele/Lo Celso get at least one more year)

The first 11 isn't trash, the reason we lost against Leeds isn't because they have better players ..
We could do with signing two new centre halves that have experienced playing together, like we did with Vertonghen and Alderweireld.

We could do with signing two new centre halves that have experienced playing together, like we did with Vertonghen and Alderweireld.

Would be great

I believe we need two CBs long term, if to your point they have played together maybe we buy them both at same time, if not, it may need to be a this year/next year type upgrade.

I like him a lot. He's had a good season at Fulham. We've been watching him since he was at Sampdoria, evidently, so there is a long term interest there.

And then our renowned recruitment team will no doubt f*** it up !

Back