• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I'd take £10m a piece for Alderwireld, sissoko and Doherty. And spend it on Andersen (£20m) and Bogle (£10m).

Some decent coaching and the return of the loanees will fix everything else
Nobody is paying £10m for Toby or for Sissoko.... they are at the end of their careers and on big money. Doherty we might be able to get lucky and persuade Wolves to take him back and cancel our outstanding payments or something.

Also need to sign Bale or another RF, plus a CF to replace Vinicius

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
If we sign Bale for another year then might need to loan out Bergwijn, as no chance of him rediscovering where goal is whilst he’s struggling to even make match day squad and at 23 years old he surely needs game time before his career totally stagnates.

I'd take £10m a piece for Alderwireld, sissoko and Doherty. And spend it on Andersen (£20m) and Bogle (£10m).

Some decent coaching and the return of the loanees will fix everything else

I think we will need to lower our demands for transfers.

Anderson would be a good signing.

Nobody is paying £10m for Toby or for Sissoko.... they are at the end of their careers and on big money. Doherty we might be able to get lucky and persuade Wolves to take him back and cancel our outstanding payments or something.

Totally agree mate think people over value our players. Also do not think some players will find other clubs.

I don’t think we’ll go anywhere near Aarons. Nor do I think Norwich will sell him anyway.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...tlemans-agreement-over-transfer-revealed/amp/

Only problem is the interest from everton, bayern munich and ac milan but a bit like sessegnon we have been working on him for years behind the scenes, so I expect us to pull this one off in the summer.

Hopefully Foyth gets a chance to be the other option at right back next season.

If we sign Bale for another year then might need to loan out Bergwijn, as no chance of him rediscovering where goal is whilst he’s struggling to even make match day squad and at 23 years old he surely needs game time before his career totally stagnates.

Depends on what you do with Moura and Lamela.

If we went into next season with Bale and Son as first choice wide forwards then Bergiwjn could be first choice cover on both sides given he seems to be quite two footed and dribbles well off both sides. In that case, he'd get a lot of games

Also need to see what formation the next manager plays. Rodgers, I dont believe, ever plays 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1,...more like either 4-4-2 with traditional wingers like last night or something akin to a 3-5-2. That might then dictate which players we need in advanced roles in particular

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...tlemans-agreement-over-transfer-revealed/amp/

Only problem is the interest from everton, bayern munich and ac milan but a bit like sessegnon we have been working on him for years behind the scenes, so I expect us to pull this one off in the summer.

I simply can’t see us spending £30m on a right back. I also don’t see Norwich selling him as they go back into the PL. The only (IMO slim) chance is if we do some sort of deal involving Skipp and I think we’ll need him ourselves next season.

Foyth?... Seriously?!?... He has looked dreadful for us in most games that he played. Has he been pulling up trees for Villarreal?

Last edited:
If a CB needs to have two DMs in front of him in order to play well, then he's not much of a CB

Additionally, that sort of explanation doesnt explain mistakes such as the second Leeds goal on Saturday when he was day dreaming rather than stepping forward to intercept a cross
In my opinion that goal started with Reguilon.

My point was that Dier, along with a couple of our other CBs, probably aren’t quite top class and do need 2 DMs, particularly in certain games. Toby and Jan didn’t need that. Until we upgrade we need to play in a certain way.

For me the imbalance is that Tanguy and GLC are neither CDMs or a particular goal threat. So I think whilst we establish some structure we might be better going with 4 defenders, 2 dms and 4 Goal threats (so a Dele instead of a Tanguy for example). Then in harder games we revert back to Tanguy/GLC joining in with 2 DMs and one of the AMs drops out. So a tighter 433.

Appreciate this is quite basic but I believe that’s where we are.

I simply can’t see us spending £30m on a right back. I also don’t see Norwich selling him as they go back into the PL. The only (IMO slim) chance is if we do some sort of deal involving Skipp and I think we’ll need him ourselves next season.

Foyth?... Seriously?!?... He has looked dreadful for us in most games that he played. Has he been pulling up trees for Villarreal?

Foyth has been better than either of our RBs!!!

Villareal has an option to buy him I believe, but if they dont then similar with a bunch of other players, Foyth's future might depend on the formation which the new manager likes. If he's a back 3 person, like Rodgers, Foyth might have a future as the right hand sided CB

Foyth has been better than either of our RBs!!!

Villareal has an option to buy him I believe, but if they dont then similar with a bunch of other players, Foyth's future might depend on the formation which the new manager likes. If he's a back 3 person, like Rodgers, Foyth might have a future as the right hand sided CB
You watch a lot of Villarreal? Foyth’s performances for us were generally laughably bad.

You watch a lot of Villarreal? Foyth’s performances for us were generally laughably bad.

No, as I said on another thread on this, I'd watched him in bits and pieces. I think he's been fine and moved around a range of positions. I dont think we should discount him going forward, until we know who the new manager is (though having said that, I believe Villareal have an option over him so it may be academic)

Foyth was Pochs preferred option at RB I believe but picked up the injury before he could play him there

Also need to sign Bale or another RF, plus a CF to replace Vinicius

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I agree about the Vinicius replacement.

But if we are assuming Son and Alli will be fixtures in the trio behind Kane, that leaves Moura, Lamela, Bergwijn, Lo Celso and Ndombele as options/cover for the third spot. I'd guess most managers will play our FBs higher than Mourinho ever did, meaning we are unlikely to start often with two out-and-out wide forwards. It's more likely to be one, and two more interchanging #10s (more like Alli and Eriksen used to).

This is the sort of (realistic) squad I'd like to see us start next season with:

-----------------------------------Lloris/Gazzaniga

Foyth/Bogle-------Dier/Sanchez-------Andersen/Rodon-----Reguilon/Sessegnon

----------------------Hojbjerg/Skipp-------Lo Celso/Winks

-----Ndombele/Lamela-----------Alli/Moura----------Son/Bergwijn

-----------------------------------Kane/Dzeko

I know some people might scoff at the likes of Dier, Foyth, Winks and Sanchez still being in there, but I think all clearly have the raw materials and are still young enough, that with some fitness, confidence and coaching, they can quickly make real strides again.

I think that we'll need to see what the new manager wants to do with Lo Celso and Ndombele. I prefer them both deeper but I think that their flexibility and being played in different positions is one of the reasons why we haven't really seen the best of them yet.
I would add that these two are not that suited to a team focused primarily on counterattacking. As we transition away from that style to a possession based style they should come into their own more.

I agree about the Vinicius replacement.

But if we are assuming Son and Alli will be fixtures in the trio behind Kane, that leaves Moura, Lamela, Bergwijn, Lo Celso and Ndombele as options/cover for the third spot. I'd guess most managers will play our FBs higher than Mourinho ever did, meaning we are unlikely to start often with two out-and-out wide forwards. It's more likely to be one, and two more interchanging #10s (more like Alli and Eriksen used to).

This is the sort of (realistic) squad I'd like to see us start next season with:

-----------------------------------Lloris/Gazzaniga

Foyth/Bogle-------Dier/Sanchez-------Andersen/Rodon-----Reguilon/Sessegnon

----------------------Hojbjerg/Skipp-------Lo Celso/Winks

-----Ndombele/Lamela-----------Alli/Moura----------Son/Bergwijn

-----------------------------------Kane/Dzeko

I know some people might scoff at the likes of Dier, Foyth, Winks and Sanchez still being in there, but I think all clearly have the raw materials and are still young enough, that with some fitness, confidence and coaching, they can quickly make real strides again.
That’s not a said that will get the holy grail of top 4 IMO
Need some pacey options wide
And we need IMO a better CM

That’s not a said that will get the holy grail of top 4 IMO
Need some pacey options wide
And we need IMO a better CM

I can see the CM argument, but I think funds will be too limited for this year.

Linked to the Ndombele/Lo Celso argument, as we become a possession side again we'll shift the balance to ballplayers and away from on-the-break players. The 4 FBs in my proposed squad are all fairly attack minded. So I think Son, with the options of Moura and Bergwijn, gives us all the pacey wide options we'll need.

I still think people underestimate the damage Mourinho did to every member of our squad (bar Kane and Lloris), both mentally and physically. Reverse that and we'll comfortably be in the mix for 2nd to 4th again.

I can see the CM argument, but I think funds will be too limited for this year.

Linked to the Ndombele/Lo Celso argument, as we become a possession side again we'll shift the balance to ballplayers and away from on-the-break players. The 4 FBs in my proposed squad are all fairly attack minded. So I think Son, with the options of Moura and Bergwijn, gives us all the pacey wide options we'll need.

I still think people underestimate the damage Mourinho did to every member of our squad (bar Kane and Lloris), both mentally and physically. Reverse that and we'll comfortably be in the mix for 2nd to 4th again.
I’d love a Bissouma type
A commanding Cm who can play would be a massive plus to the squad

Back