• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Except he basically gave the club an ultimatum re he didn't want to play there.

Dier's only position is DM (he's never been good enough as a CB)

I'd sell both, Sanchez as he probably could fetch something in Europe (still young bags of PL/CL experience), Dier just because I think he's not good enough and part of a core of players who somehow peaked a year or so pre Poch leaving, they in my opinion are a big part of the problem the club faces.

Dier can't play CM. He's too slow on the turn now and his passing isn't good enough

Both Dier and Sanchez suffered from the same thing - expected to drop into a top 4 side and perform at a CL level. But neither has had the games and opportunity to develop fully. Both needed to play slightly lower level football. To make mistakes, learn and develop.

The big question with all these players we’d let go: will other clubs pay the wages they are on here?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Weird statement: Dier joined us and was part of the side that pushed us into the top 4 and part of the side that stayed top 4. Sanchez joined us when we were a top 4 side and was seen as a key player to help us with options at the back for when we needed to be less reliant on the great Belgian CB duo. He was excellent in his first season and was seen as a coup for us at the time. But he did get time to adjust etc, not like he was playing week in week out straight away or anything.

Both have regressed but not because of "not being allowed to develop" or whatever

I'm not saying he's good at the role, I'm saying it's the only position he's been relatively successful at (at some point)

I think that the only position he can play now is CB. I suspect that he'd do quite well in the position at Burnley or Palace. He was our best CB in the first half of the season but it's been a horror show since.

Weird statement: Dier joined us and was part of the side that pushed us into the top 4 and part of the side that stayed top 4. Sanchez joined us when we were a top 4 side and was seen as a key player to help us with options at the back for when we needed to be less reliant on the great Belgian CB duo. He was excellent in his first season and was seen as a coup for us at the time. But he did get time to adjust etc, not like he was playing week in week out straight away or anything.

Both have regressed but not because of "not being allowed to develop" or whatever

Both needed more competitive games at a younger age, and Sanchez should have stayed at Ajax for 2 more seasons. They might have performed in spells but their mistakes meant they slipped out the side. At a slightly lower level, they'd get through a poor patch and develop. They don't get that luxury here.

Both needed more competitive games at a younger age, and Sanchez should have stayed at Ajax for 2 more seasons. They might have performed in spells but their mistakes meant they slipped out the side. At a slightly lower level, they'd get through a poor patch and develop. They don't get that luxury here.

All comes down to a) the coaching set-up they are in and b) whether the player themselves are able to learn/iron out their mistakes.
If they are good players they'll get through the problems. The fact that they haven't possibly means they aren't good enough for what we (believe) we aspire to be.
If you are good enough you'll succeed. Plus, in any case, they both played LOADS of competitive games at younger ages.
That goes for any player we have or might try to buy.

Of course, it helps if you have older players to learn from, get through the bad patches without having more pressure than you can handle etc. That's why it's important to refresh your squad whilst it's at/near its peak so that there is time for said new players to learn if they cannot hit the ground running.

In fairness to Dier he’s played the whole season with next to no protection in front. No coincidence his good spell coincided with Sissoko playing with Hojbjerg where we basically sat in against everyone. Remember those Match of the day features with us having a back 6. As soon as we opened up and played Ndom with Hojbjerg things got messy.

In fairness to Dier he’s played the whole season with next to no protection in front. No coincidence his good spell coincided with Sissoko playing with Hojbjerg where we basically sat in against everyone. Remember those Match of the day features with us having a back 6. As soon as we opened up and played Ndom with Hojbjerg things got messy.

If a CB needs to have two DMs in front of him in order to play well, then he's not much of a CB

Additionally, that sort of explanation doesnt explain mistakes such as the second Leeds goal on Saturday when he was day dreaming rather than stepping forward to intercept a cross

I don't really think Lukaku's game has changed much or that he has improved. He's always been a consistent scorer of a certain type of goal. Give him those kind of chances and he will score and at a good clip. The issues are he isn't particularly versatile and his hold up play is pretty poor.

Conte knowing all of that has setup Inter in a way to get the best out of him. Good management but not necessarily indicative of any real change in Lukaku's game.

I think it's already done, he just wanted to wait until after the cup final and confirmation of top 4.

I think this time next week it will have been announced.

They will wait a couple of weeks after the final day, so there isnt too much hype over him playing a weakened team against us that should help us get 5th or 6th place.

I expect the rebuild to start with aarons and andersen with hart, gazzaniga, sanchez, dier, davies, doherty, aurier, sissoko and lamela shown the door.

But I do think he’ll repeat the trick and get us in the top 4 next season.

He's become far more mobile and versatile since Conte reshape his physique. It's not just tactical, he looks a completely different player.

I'd just be keen to see what Dier can do back at his trimmer weight, rather than the lump he's become in the past 2 years

I think that we are quite well stocked in CM with Skipp returning but that probably depends on how the new manager wants to use Lo Celso and Ndombele and how we line up. We know that we were interested in Berge before he joined Sheff Utd and I wonder if we might be tempted if the price is low. We could probably flip him for a profit in a year, if it didn't work out, that will appeal to Levy.
That gives us two players for two positions (and that is assuming Skipp can step up a level immediately). Lo Celso not a deeper MF player IMO, Ndombele could be, but needs a lot of coaching and his skill and creativity are suited further forward IMO.

Back