• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Two CBs and a CM have to be the priority.... Who we can afford/attract will depend on what budget we have of course. If we can sell release the following players:

Gazaniga (£2m?)
Rose (0)
Carter Vickers (£2m?
Foyth (£6m?)
Dier (£10m?)
Sanchez (£10m?)
Davies (£8m?)
Doherty (£6m?)
Winks (£15m?)
Lamela (£7m?)
Sissoko (£5m?)
Bale (0)
Vinicius (0)

Those transfer fees are probably actually lower than we could achieve in most cases I think. Adds up to about £70m. We're probably also removing about £40m from the annual wage bill

1. GK. Lloris
2. GK. Livakovic (£10m)
3. GK. Hart
4. RB. Hysaj (free transfer) (Or Tete from Fulham (£12m) If we have some transfer funds before sales)
5. RB. Aurier
6. RB/CB. Tanganga
7. CB. Boateng/Schar (free transfer) (Or Ginter/Milenkovic (£25m) if we have some transfer funds before sales)
8. CB. Elvedi (£25m)
9. CB. Alderweireld
10. CB. Rodon
11. LB. Regulion
12. LB. Sessegnon
13. CM. Soumare (£30m)
14. CM. Hojbjerg
15. CM. Skipp
16. CM/AM. Lo Celso
17, CM/AM. Ndombele
18. CM/AM. Dele
19. AM/WF. Olise (£8m) / Pereira from WBA (£17m) (depending on funds)
20. WF. Moura
21. WF. Son
22. WF. Bergwijn
23. CF. Kane
24. CF. Marega (free transfer)

Wage bill would be similar to that of this season (perhaps a little higher if we took Boateng on a free).

Worst case on the above (assuming the most expensive option for each position) is £50m net outlay. Best case taking the cheaper/free options is pretty much break even.

Olise would be an opportunistic signing that we should be making now as we he'll be out of our range in a year or two. I'd love to get him and Pereira as that would set us up to be able to sell one of our other attacking players in the same or a later transfer window.

Additionally if good bids came in for either of Moura or Lo Celso then I think we should probably take them (especially if it helped fund some of those above).
Schar from Saudi Sportswashing Machine?
I’ve always rated him
Doenst always get a start with them which I find odd

Two CBs and a CM have to be the priority.... Who we can afford/attract will depend on what budget we have of course. If we can sell release the following players:

Gazaniga (£2m?)
Rose (0)
Carter Vickers (£2m?
Foyth (£6m?)
Dier (£10m?)
Sanchez (£10m?)
Davies (£8m?)
Doherty (£6m?)
Winks (£15m?)
Lamela (£7m?)
Sissoko (£5m?)
Bale (0)
Vinicius (0)

Those transfer fees are probably actually lower than we could achieve in most cases I think. Adds up to about £70m. We're probably also removing about £40m from the annual wage bill

1. GK. Lloris
2. GK. Livakovic (£10m)
3. GK. Hart
4. RB. Hysaj (free transfer) (Or Tete from Fulham (£12m) If we have some transfer funds before sales)
5. RB. Aurier
6. RB/CB. Tanganga
7. CB. Boateng/Schar (free transfer) (Or Ginter/Milenkovic (£25m) if we have some transfer funds before sales)
8. CB. Elvedi (£25m)
9. CB. Alderweireld
10. CB. Rodon
11. LB. Regulion
12. LB. Sessegnon
13. CM. Soumare (£30m)
14. CM. Hojbjerg
15. CM. Skipp
16. CM/AM. Lo Celso
17, CM/AM. Ndombele
18. CM/AM. Dele
19. AM/WF. Olise (£8m) / Pereira from WBA (£17m) (depending on funds)
20. WF. Moura
21. WF. Son
22. WF. Bergwijn
23. CF. Kane
24. CF. Marega (free transfer)

Wage bill would be similar to that of this season (perhaps a little higher if we took Boateng on a free).

Worst case on the above (assuming the most expensive option for each position) is £50m net outlay. Best case taking the cheaper/free options is pretty much break even.

Olise would be an opportunistic signing that we should be making now as we he'll be out of our range in a year or two. I'd love to get him and Pereira as that would set us up to be able to sell one of our other attacking players in the same or a later transfer window.

Additionally if good bids came in for either of Moura or Lo Celso then I think we should probably take them (especially if it helped fund some of those above).

From memory, Foyth's fee is £13m and set in his loan deal

Scrap List for me please:

Lloris
Aurier
DIER
Sanchez
Davies
Sissoko
Lamela
GLC
Winks

I know some will say to keep these players ... but the way i see it ... none of them would make it into any top 4 teams.

Lloris is statically one of the best keepers (and I guess you missed the Leeds game), not a priority, we do need a long term plan however.

Aurier is up to if we have replacement, again no idea how you can have Aurier on your scrap list and keep Doherty

GLC is keep for another season and see, the rest can go

Two Centre Backs.

Maybe one all-round Midfielder if we shift some players.

Loaning out the surplus players might be the (only) way to go.

Personally i would keep Dier because he can be used in CM ( which i think is his best position).

Except he basically gave the club an ultimatum re he didn't want to play there.

Dier's only position is DM (he's never been good enough as a CB)

I'd sell both, Sanchez as he probably could fetch something in Europe (still young bags of PL/CL experience), Dier just because I think he's not good enough and part of a core of players who somehow peaked a year or so pre Poch leaving, they in my opinion are a big part of the problem the club faces.

I'd sell both, Sanchez as he probably could fetch something in Europe (still young bags of PL/CL experience), Dier just because I think he's not good enough and part of a core of players who somehow peaked a year or so pre Poch leaving, they in my opinion are a big part of the problem the club faces.

Yes but IF he wants to stay here he will have to do what the club say, the question was which one of the two would i keep and that would be Dier. As you say he is a CM player and with other good players around him he has done well there.

I'd have kept Sanchez if money wasn't as much of an issue it might be re the work we need to do elsewhere.
Agree totally on Dier, sadly. Loved his attitude and how it embodied the best parts of the Poch years, but he's a broken down engine now

Both Dier and Sanchez suffered from the same thing - expected to drop into a top 4 side and perform at a CL level. But neither has had the games and opportunity to develop fully. Both needed to play slightly lower level football. To make mistakes, learn and develop.

The big question with all these players we’d let go: will other clubs pay the wages they are on here?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back