• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I didn't take into consideration the manager and made the team for an average and popular 4-2-3-1 style with mixed play. I think any top manager can easily go with that and apply his own twist. As for the CBs, again mixed and both coming from dominant champions in their league(Boateng, Skriniar). I'm not set on these players, I just tried to show what we could get if we had a bit of luck and savy.

But any manager, other than a Mourinho/Allardyce/Benitez will need a CB with a bit of pace and who can play the ball. It's a massive Vertonghen shaped hole we have in our defence.

Skriniar and Boateng are so criminally short of pace/mobility, it would be an absolute car crash in anything other than a low-block.

But any manager, other than a Mourinho/Allardyce/Benitez will need a CB with a bit of pace and who can play the ball. It's a massive Vertonghen shaped hole we have in our defence.

Skriniar and Boateng are so criminally short of pace/mobility, it would be an absolute car crash in anything other than a low-block.
That's not actually really true about either of them. You might not pair the two together in an ideal world but calling them criminally short of pace/mobility is just an (inaccurate) guess.

Both Milan and Bayern play front foot football, not low block counter attack.

How about Mitrovic as our back-up for Kane?

Triple signing from them (kind of): Anderson (from Lyon), Lookman (from Leipzig, to replace Moura), Mitrovic (rather than Vinicius)

But please, not Parker!

Lloris, Lo-Tutala
Foyth, Aarons
Sessegnon, Reguilon
Rodon, Tanganga, Alderweireld
Hojbjerg, Skipp
Ndombele, Winks
Lo Celso, Dele
Bale, Lucas, Bergwijn, Son, Kane

Sell everyone else and then get another Vini loan type to back up Kane and then spend every penny we’ve got on the best centre half possible.

Lloris, Lo-Tutala
Foyth, Aarons
Sessegnon, Reguilon
Hojbjerg, Skipp
Ndombele, Winks
Lo Celso, Dele

Sell everyone else and then get another Vini loan type to back up Kane and then spend every penny we’ve got on the best centre half possible.

That's some CB you're buying given you're selling Dier, Sanchez, Lamela, Davies, gazzaniga, Aurier, Doherty, Ndombele and spending all that on one player!!!

18 months now is it?.... it goes up a few months each time. 12 PL games before Poch was sacked we had finished 4th in the PL and played in a CL final.

Come on we scraped into the top 4 with some ridicilous fortune like Arsenal losing 3 out of their last 4 games and dropping a 2 or 3 goal lead I believe. If you look at the form guide over his last 25-30 league games it was relegation form.

Come on we scraped into the top 4 with some ridicilous fortune like Arsenal losing 3 out of their last 4 games and dropping a 2 or 3 goal lead I believe. If you look at the form guide over his last 25-30 league games it was relegation form.
Oh to be able to scrape into the CL....
Now we’re instead scraping into the UEFA (or perhaps even worse this season!)

How about Mitrovic as our back-up for Kane?

Triple signing from them (kind of): Anderson (from Lyon), Lookman (from Leipzig, to replace Moura), Mitrovic (rather than Vinicius)

But please, not Parker!
I’ve always thought he would suit
But then the question is why hasn’t he started as much this season

True but I don't think we would have got in the season after, whether we were right to sack him is a different question.
If 4 seasons out of 5 in the CL is not an acceptable level of performance for the board for their level of investment then I think they need a serious rethink.

Should have got that he was a gooner from the cack hair.
An insignificant player. I've seen many on here want him, but he's an occasional highlight reel player. In most games he's not doing much. The reason people notice him, is because of the stupid hair, not that he's incredibly good. Same as with Gwendozi and Luiz.

That's not actually really true about either of them. You might not pair the two together in an ideal world but calling them criminally short of pace/mobility is just an (inaccurate) guess.

Both Milan and Bayern play front foot football, not low block counter attack.
Oh yeah. Boateng CAN run quite fast. The problem is that every time he sprints more than 15 meters, he does his hamstring and is out for 8 weeks. He's been like that for 3-4 years now.

That's some CB you're buying given you're selling Dier, Sanchez, Lamela, Davies, gazzaniga, Aurier, Doherty, Ndombele and spending all that on one player!!!

Sissoko not ndombele but about 25m would have to go on aarons.

We should though be able to raise 50m-60m selling hart, gazzaniga, dier, sanchez, doherty, aurier, davies, sissoko and lamela.

Hopefully we have some other funds that can be made available to then give a decent budget for a very good centre half.

Give that revised squad to rodgers and we are ending 4th next season and might even do something in one of the cups.

Oh yeah. Boateng CAN run quite fast. The problem is that every time he sprints more than 15 meters, he does his hamstring and is out for 8 weeks. He's been like that for 3-4 years now.
I do wish that people wouldn't make stuff up and post it as fact....

Boateng, played 37 games in total for Bayern this season and 38 last season. If we compare to our current crop of centre halves then we have:
Dier - 37 and 30
Sanchez - 31 and 39
Alderweireld - 22 and 33
Rodon - 13 and 21

So Boateng has played more games for Bayern Munich than any of our centre backs have played over the most recent two seasons

Now onto his injuries.... Boateng's last hamstring injury was 4 seasons back (he missed 42 days and 5 games with that injury).
If we look at the last 3 seasons then Boateng was out for a total of only 48 days in those 3 seasons. Those 48 days out injured resulted in him missing a grand total of only 7 games. This season he missed just 1 game, last season only 2 games (and one of those was ill instead of with an injury).

Let's again compare that to our centre backs, their last 3 season injury record is as follows:

Dier - 138 days (28 games missed)
Sanchez - 81 days (15 games missed)
Toby - 143 days (33 games missed)
Rodon - 164 days (31 games missed)

So the facts are that Jerome Boateng has actually been far less injury prone than any of our centre backs over the past 3 years.

Lloris, Lo-Tutala
Foyth, Aarons
Sessegnon, Reguilon
Hojbjerg, Skipp
Ndombele, Winks
Lo Celso, Dele

I look at that list and can only see one single improvement on this year's first team (an unnamed new centre back).
I don't expect any of this seasons top 10 to stand still this summer. I think doing the sort of business you advocate in that post would have us finishing somewhere between 1 and 3 places lower than where we finish this season.

Lloris, Lo-Tutala
Foyth, Aarons
Sessegnon, Reguilon
Hojbjerg, Skipp
Ndombele, Winks
Lo Celso, Dele

That midfield is awful, Ndombele and Lo Celso are no where near good enough. Winks is awful.

The 3 central defenders are unproven at the top level.

That midfield is awful, Ndombele and Lo Celso are no where near good enough. Winks is awful.

The 3 central defenders are unproven at the top level.

We have to work within our means, this isnt Football Manager with the sugar daddy cheat on unfortunately.

What is your alternative suggestion in full? Post your full squad, who comes in, who goes but remember the context.

Lloris, Lo-Tutala
Foyth, Aarons
Sessegnon, Reguilon
Hojbjerg, Skipp
Ndombele, Winks
Lo Celso, Dele

too many of the old guard still there

Out -> Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Dele, Sanchez, Foyth, Rose, CCV, Doherty, Davies
Incoming Manager discretion -> Bale, Aurier, Lamela, Lucas

New Team
-------------- Lloris -------------
Aurier/New RB/Tanganga ---- Toby ---- New CB/Rodon ---- Reguilon/Sess
------------- PEH ----- Skipp ------
Lo Celso/Ndombele --- New CM ------ Son
----------- Kane -----------

Spend 70% of the money on new CB, split the rest on new CM & new RB if we ca get one (not Aarons), should be doable in our budget range (10+ out)

Most important is to get the refresh by the squad change and the non improving players (Winks, Dier, Sanchez, Dele, Sissoko, Davies are all players whose best seasons are almost 3+ years ago now)

Back