• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

There's only one that will count in the boardroom and that is a bid so big that it is impossible to refuse and that's £200m+

The whole logistics of the possible transfer are messy. Having no permanent manager probably making it much worse.

Bit chicken and egg. Potential managers wanting to know about Kane, Kane wanting to know who manager is. Once manager in place, I’d expect Kane situation to sort itself out.

If said manager/Levy can see some decent players around for 40/50/60 then you could see him move for £150m. I just don’t know who would pay that.

I'd love having Kane next season as disinterested as he's been this season. He should win player of the season hands down
No doubt his output has been stellar this year. I just wonder if it transpires that he remains yet doesn’t want to be here how that will impact his numbers, as well as the collective team spirit, next year.

If said manager/Levy can see some decent players around for 40/50/60 then you could see him move for £150m. I just don’t know who would pay that.

Thats exactly where I am on this. If you could swap him for 3 players aged 21-24 and in those price ranges, you migth well do so given that this summer you might be able to pay £40m-£60 for someone who was previously £60m-£80m (and might be back in that range next summer).

If you were to in effect get a CB, RW and CF in exchange for Kane and with those players being of that age where they can still develop a lot...it would be sorely tempting. Sell Dier and Aurier to raise funds for a new RB too....sell Foyth and Sanchez to pay for a second CB....you'd have half the outfielders refreshed.

All a bit fantasy manager-ish, but there is a degree of sense to it. But I'm with you that only two teams can pay that money (PSG and Man C) and I dont see either doing it

Agreed, no way Levy would take 90m. He’d want at least 130m in my view

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

My figure would be £150m - or £130m plus a player we really want.

As long as Steve Hichens is completely out the loop. Bring in a Pleat or Hodgson (if he leaves Palace) or the Lille guy i.e. someone experienced who knows what he is doing to run the rule over transfers.

The whole logistics of the possible transfer are messy. Having no permanent manager probably making it much worse.

Bit chicken and egg. Potential managers wanting to know about Kane, Kane wanting to know who manager is. Once manager in place, I’d expect Kane situation to sort itself out.

I think that PSG are the only club who are going to pay that kind of money in the current environment. I don't see the appeal of going there, other than working with Poch and sackfulls of money. French domestic trophies don't count for a lot, so if the reason for moving is winning things, he's putting all his eggs in a CL basket. I think that he'd be better waiting a year when football finances might have stabilised a bit, his value will have dropped a little and he has more leverage.

I think that PSG are the only club who are going to pay that kind of money in the current environment. I don't see the appeal of going there, other than working with Poch and sackfulls of money. French domestic trophies don't count for a lot, so if the reason for moving is winning things, he's putting all his eggs in a CL basket. I think that he'd be better waiting a year when football finances might have stabilised a bit, his value will have dropped a little and he has more leverage.

The weak French league keeps coming up, but I bet Kane would bite your hand off to swop one French league medal for the four losers medals he already has.

The weak French league keeps coming up, but I bet Kane would bite your hand off to swop one French league medal for the four losers medals he already has.

I agree, he will have at least a couple of trophys on his shelf when he retires to show to his grand children.

I can't see why we would sell him for less than a world record fee and no one can afford to pay that in the current market. He is on a long contract, so there is no urgency to sell. He isn't the type to down tools and if he's here next season, I expect him to be as hungry as he has ever been.
'He isn't the type to down tools' is an interesting one. I don't think he'll do a Berbatov and refuse to play. However football is a game of fine margins and any footballer not putting in his all becomes ineffective pretty quickly. When your head and heart are no longer in a club then it is impossible to perform at your maximum. We saw Eriksen go from one of the best few players in the PL to being a passable attacking midfielder, that's just natural I think. I don't see why it would be any different for Kane.

Last edited:
How many of them went on their terms or the buying clubs?

How many even got their transfer the first window/year someone came in for them?

If anything that list shows you that generally until Levy get the terms he wants, nobody leaves.

Id take Laporte, Bernado Silva and Jesus +50m for Kane.
Great... Unfortunately you don't own any of those players though! :D

Even if you did I'm not sure how you'd go about asking them to swap their huge money deals at all conquering Emirates Marketing Project for under market rate deals at non conquering Tottenham Hotspur?

How many of them went on their terms or the buying clubs?

How many even got their transfer the first window/year someone came in for them?

If anything that list shows you that generally until Levy get the terms he wants, nobody leaves.
All of them except Modric.

History tells us that Levy caves in. Even with Walker to Emirates Marketing Project we wanted Sancho in return and Levy caved in on selling the player without getting Sancho in return.

Carrick, Modric, Berbatov, Keane, Eriksen, Bale....

Basically all of our best players once they want out and a big boy makes a bid for them.

Carrick - 15 years ago
Modric - 9 years ago
Berbatov - 13 years ago
Keane - 13 years ago
Bale - 8 years ago

So out of your examples (seriously 3 are 13+ years ago), you have one less than 8 years old in Eriksen

And no club came and bought Eriksen and took him away, he ran down his contract and we chose to cash out with 6 months left.

Effectively since we have become a European regular, that narrative is dead.

Carrick, Modric, Berbatov, Keane, Eriksen, Bale....

Basically all of our best players once they want out and a big boy makes a bid for them.

Christ on a bike you are scrapping the barrel there to have yet another dig at Levy, Keane ( 2008)Carrick ( 2006)Berby ( 2008) Modric ( 2012) Bale ( 2013). The club have come a long way since then so Raziel was correct. And most of those had to wait to move. :rolleyes:

All of them except Modric.

History tells us that Levy caves in. Even with Walker to Emirates Marketing Project we wanted Sancho in return and Levy caved in on selling the player without getting Sancho in return.

All of them except Modric....yeah not sure about that one

Carrick - 15 years ago
Modric - 9 years ago
Berbatov - 13 years ago
Keane - 13 years ago
Bale - 8 years ago

So out of your examples (seriously 3 are 13+ years ago), you have one less than 8 years old in Eriksen

And no club came and bought Eriksen and took him away, he ran down his contract and we chose to cash out with 6 months left.

Effectively since we have become a European regular, that narrative is dead.
I just thought of all of our best players who a big club made a public offer for.

Walker is another you could add to the list who got exactly what he wanted.

Luckily we haven't had many top players wanting to leave in recent times (when you have a brilliant manager like Poch the top players don't tend to want to leave). I suspect Kane will be the first test that we've had since Bale. Time will tell how it ends up.... I just hope that this time Levy doesn't try to pull the wool over our eyes with a 'special relationship' mentioned!

Last edited:
Back