• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Personally alderwiereld and sissoko would would be my two main outs (along with Doherty, rose and hart). I think their age/signs of physical decline are key in that decision.

I'd be keen to see what a new coach can do with all of Sanchez, Foyth and bergewin - I think there's still players inside all of them. So for that reason I wouldn't be anymore drastic than just adding a couple of cultured pacy defenders and finding the latest Kane cover fix

Agree about Bergwijn. He's only 23 and not that dissimilar to Son when he arrived

Foyth I dont think we have a choice over as I think Villareal has an option over him

Sanchez I think is hopeless Rubbish on the ball and weak

Last edited:
Today was a 'Cup Final' which would explain the no show.

Want rid of all them at times but know, whilst I give off a wee knee jerk, that our issues are from top to bottom.

Brace yourselvrs for the beyond painful rebuild. I really can't see us returning to where we were a few years back any time soon.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying 'very good shape' but we'd be in a better place. We definitely need the back-up CF and also Bale (or alternative) signed.

We dont need Toby, Dier, Foyth, Anderson, Sanchez, Rodon and Tanganga, as well Doherty, Aurier and Bogle, but you could have a near net zero spend window by:

- sell Sanchez, sign Anderson (€25m in and out..ish)
- sell Foyth (Villareal have an option to buy I think) (£10m in)
- sign Bogle, sell Doherty (bit of net spend)
- sign Lookman, sell Moura (<£10m small net spend)
- sign Bale on loan
- sign a back-up CF, probably on loan like Vinicius
- Skipp comes back (one of Sissoko or Lamela probably leaves, depending on how you view the Ndombele role)
- Sess returns

Obviously there's more drastic surgery which lots of us would like to see, but the above I think is realistic for a number of transfers to be done amd would improve us immeasurably
That means keeping Dier.... let’s not do that.

Personally alderwiereld and sissoko would would be my two main outs (along with Doherty, rose and hart). I think their age/signs of physical decline are key in that decision.

I'd be keen to see what a new coach can do with all of Sanchez, Foyth and bergewin - I think there's still players inside all of them. So for that reason I wouldn't be anymore drastic than just adding a couple of cultured pacy defenders and finding the latest Kane cover fix
Alderweireld is the best of of centre backs by quite a wide margin (he’s past his best but still....)

Dier, Sanchez, Doherty, Lamela, Sissoko, Foyth, Rose, Winks, Bale. All of those should be sold/released. 2 CHs, a backup right back, proper central midfield player are the priorities.

Today was a 'Cup Final' which would explain the no show.

Want rid of all them at times but know, whilst I give off a wee knee jerk, that our issues are from top to bottom.

Brace yourselvrs for the beyond painful rebuild. I really can't see us returning to where we were a few years back any time soon.

I’ve already written next season off, we are so far behind the top 4 in terms of quality.

Here is my annual reminder that WAGES are the most important cost to Spurs.

Imagine you buy ten 24 year olds in the next couple of windows for £Xm each and three years later you sell them for £Xm each. Net spend zero. It is the wages we need to take care of.

So it doesn't matter much if a player is £10m or £40m as long as we are reasonably confident they will be worth "roughly the same" in three years' time.

Obviously some of your gambles will fail and some of your gambles will win, but across ten players aged 24 you would probably break even so it is the wages that matter.

That is why we can't buy 30 year olds or huge superstars on mega wages, we need to be sure that in 3 or 4 years' time we can sell them for roughly what we paid. On average.

Lets buy half the team from Leeds then

It's the coach.

We were largely tormented a 30 year old journeyman who they signed from Brentford for £1m.

Give someone as good as Bielsa six-months with our squad and we'd see a remarkable difference. Equally take Bielsa out of Leeds and they'd be relegated straight away.

Here is my annual reminder that WAGES are the most important cost to Spurs.

Imagine you buy ten 24 year olds in the next couple of windows for £Xm each and three years later you sell them for £Xm each. Net spend zero. It is the wages we need to take care of.

So it doesn't matter much if a player is £10m or £40m as long as we are reasonably confident they will be worth "roughly the same" in three years' time.

Obviously some of your gambles will fail and some of your gambles will win, but across ten players aged 24 you would probably break even so it is the wages that matter.

That is why we can't buy 30 year olds or huge superstars on mega wages, we need to be sure that in 3 or 4 years' time we can sell them for roughly what we paid. On average.

I dont think anyone (sane) expects Spurs to be able to buy players at their peak age (27-30) do they? re-sale value has always been important to Spurs and don't see that changing for the foreseeable future

It's the coach.

We were largely tormented a 30 year old journeyman who they signed from Brentford for £1m.

Give someone as good as Bielsa six-months with our squad and we'd see a remarkable difference. Equally take Bielsa out of Leeds and they'd be relegated straight away.

A 30 year old Journey man will have more fight and want than some of our squad, who are clearly not bothered/think they have made it just by playing for Spurs

Last edited:
A 30 year old Journey man will have more fight and want than some of our squad, who are clearly not bothered/think they have mad it just by playing for Spurs

Or have had their physical conditioning and confidence destroyed by a bullying authoritarian dinosaur. I don't think it's desire at all.

Ideal transfer window for me:
Defense: OUT: Gazza, Rose, Davies(Sess coming back), Sanchez, Dier, Foyth, Tanganga, Aurier. So (~£100 mil). IN: Sessegnon, Aarons(30mil), Skriniar(40mil, Inter have financial problems), Boateng/Ramos(free). So (~70mil)
Midfield: Skipp coming back; Winks+Sissoko= Sabitzer.
Forward: Resign Bale on loan; Dele+20mil=Dybala; Bergwijn+Lamela=Belotti; Orsic=10 mil.
IN: 100mil, Out: 100 mil.
-Lloris(Hart)
-Aarons(Doherty) Skriniar(Rodon) Boateng/Ramos(Toby) Reguilon(Sessegnon)
-Hojbjerg(Skipp) Sabitzer(LoCelso)
-Bale(Moura) Dybala(Ndombele) Son(Orsic)
-Kane(Belotti)
This may be unrealistic, but these possiblities, and many more, are out there and Levy needs to show his savy.

This may be unrealistic, but these possiblities, and many more, are out there and Levy needs to show his savy.

There's certainly lots of options this summer, with clubs being broke and particularly in France. Teams who are brave enough to spend a bit summer could really get some bargains. The next 3-4 months are very big ones for My Levy

Back