• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Rodgers can't actually bottle Champions League qualification again can he?

This would be 1 Champions League qualification from the Premier League in 5 serious attempts. Is this worse than not qualifying with Liverpool twice.

And the one time he made it was when he bottled the title.

Surely it's a safer bet to get in someone who actually has a profile, one failure in Jose doesn't mean much really.

I'd take a chance on a profiled manager vs a flash in the pan or a punt.

I just think that profile/reputation/name is the wrong way to judge how a manager will fare in a job - there may be someone that has the name and also the attributes to succeed but i would much rather look at things like : style of play, ability to get his ideas across to players, adaptability etc (probably someone else could better describe what i mean here)

For me Mourinho wasn't suited to Spurs because what made him a success elsewhere wasn't going to translate to the job here, what he needed to do to win in those jobs wasn't what our squad needed, that would be the same for say Guardiola/Benitez/Zidane as examples, big names but not shown the attributes required for the job here - whereas managers like Potter and the chap at Wolfsberg, Ten Hag & Nagelsmann have shown they can (imo)

I just think that profile/reputation/name is the wrong way to judge how a manager will fare in a job - there may be someone that has the name and also the attributes to succeed but i would much rather look at things like : style of play, ability to get his ideas across to players, adaptability etc (probably someone else could better describe what i mean here)

For me Mourinho wasn't suited to Spurs because what made him a success elsewhere wasn't going to translate to the job here, what he needed to do to win in those jobs wasn't what our squad needed, that would be the same for say Guardiola/Benitez/Zidane as examples, big names but not shown the attributes required for the job here - whereas managers like Potter and the chap at Wolfsberg, Ten Hag & Nagelsmann have shown they can (imo)

Yes and no. I'd want a manager that has far exceeded expectations. Howe getting bounmouth from legue 1 into the prem and keeping them theree exceeded expectations. Gasperini getting atlanta from serie b to regular champions league places far exceeds what anyone would have expected. Neither had massive financial backing to do what they did.

It has to be Brendan. This run-in is showing he has all the credentials to be our manager.

Not 5-1, but not far off - and he achieved his result at home.

you know that if they blow it and he then becomes our manager the press will have a field day with this

Just seen a report that we are speaking to Conte.

“Tottenham Hotspur, the place where old Chelsea managers go to die”

Ally Gold has said that all of the links to Italian managers are false and just the Italian media looking for stories

Back