• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I'm sure agent Skippy will report back. Thinking about it, I'm sure we could get favourable terms on Norwich players if we agreed to loan him back to them next season. It's all about whether we need to upgrade another position more than we need Skipp

Well Norwich do want to keep Skippy for another year for sure. as you say we can make Aarons part of the deal, another player who would be worth looking at is Buendia, he has been named as the Championship player of the year and also Supporters club player of the year.

Well Norwich do want to keep Skippy for another year for sure. as you say we can make Aarons part of the deal, another player who would be worth looking at is Buendia, he has been named as the Championship player of the year and also Supporters club player of the year.
Both of them still likely to be too expensive for us I think. Also I think both of these positions are likely to be down the list of priorities in many ways. Centre back (at least 1 and if we really want to challenge then 2) has to be the first position to strengthen and then probably a proper central midfielder to play alongside Hojbjerg. Doubt we can be spending upwards of likely £30m+ on a right back and attacking midfield player.

Both of them still likely to be too expensive for us I think. Also I think both of these positions are likely to be down the list of priorities in many ways. Centre back (at least 1 and if we really want to challenge then 2) has to be the first position to strengthen and then probably a proper central midfielder to play alongside Hojbjerg. Doubt we can be spending upwards of likely £30m+ on a right back and attacking midfield player.

You may be right, but the fact that Norwich do want Skip for another year could see a bit of wheeler dealing. Jesus i am begining to sound like " rent a qu ote" :eek:

Last edited:
Thought I'd have a look at the teams who are going to go down and see whether we can pick at the bones of their corpses for players.... If we assume that the current bottom 3 all drop as seems very likely then there are a few interesting players at those clubs. Below are these clubs players that I think are the best:

Sheffield United
Jayden Bogle would be a very sensible right back to go after. Association trained, quick, physical, can make lots of sprints and is decent on the ball. Is the thinking man's alternative to Aarons, at a similar level already, IMO has a higher ceiling and would probably cost a third of the transfer fee.
Sander Berge. Sheff Utd have missed him this season. A proper central midfield player who is quite tenacious, a very good passer of the ball and has a habit of popping up in good positions in the opposition's penalty area.

Fulham
Joachin Anderson (on loan from Lyon). A classy centre half. Positionally excellent & calm on the ball. I'm sure Lyon would demand quite a large fee for him.
Toisin Adarabioyo. A very classy, young centre back. Tall and rangy, covers the ground well, has decent positional sense for his young age and is also comfortable on the ball. Another association trained player. Could potentially be a replacement for Sanchez on lower wages and advantage of being an English player.
Kenny Tete. Would be a sensible replacement if one of our right backs were to leave. Very good on the ball and seems to have taken the PL well in only his first year. I'd be surprised if he doesn't stay in the PL.

West Brom
Sam Johnstone. Would depend on price of course but would be a better association trained backup keeper than Joe Hart.
Matheus Pereira. This guy would be the thinking man's alternative to Buendia at Norwich. Very skilful, very creative. Can play as a number 10 or as an inverted winger on the right. Was very good in the Championship for West Brown last year and has been even better in the PL this season. Probably half the cost of what Norwich would demand for Buendia for a player of similar age and talents. He could be a very smart buy for any PL team.

Last edited:
Thought I'd have a look at the teams who are going to go down and see whether we can pick at the bones of their corpses for players.... If we assume that the current bottom 3 all drop as seems very likely then there are a few interesting players at those clubs. Below are these clubs players that I think are the best:

Sheffield United
Jayden Bogle would be a very sensible right back to go after. Association trained, quick, physical, can make lots of sprints and is decent on the ball. Is the thinking man's alternative to Aarons, at a similar level already, IMO has a higher ceiling and would probably cost a third of the transfer fee.
Sander Berge. Sheff Utd have missed him this season. A proper central midfield player who is quite tenacious, a very good passer of the ball and has a habit of popping up in good positions in the opposition's pelanty area.

Fulham
Joachin Anderson (on loan from Lyon). A classy centre half. Positionally excellent & calm on the ball. I'm sure Lyon would demand quite a large fee for him.
Toisin Adarabioyo. A very classy, young centre back. Tall and rangy, covers the ground well, has decent positional sense for his young age and is also comfortable on the ball. Another association trained player. Could potentially be a replacement for Sanchez on lower wages and advantage of being an English player.
Kenny Tete. Would be a sensible replacement if one of our right backs were to leave. Very good on the ball and seems to have taken the PL well in only his first year. I'd be surprised if he doesn't stay in the PL.

West Brom
Sam Johnstone. Would depend on price of course but would be a better association trained backup keeper than Joe Hart.
Matheus Pereira. This guy would be the thinking man's alternative to Buendia at Norwich. Very skilful, very creative. Can play as a number 10 or as an inverted winger on the right. Was very good in the Championship for West Brown last year and has been even better in the PL this season. Probably half the cost of what Norwich would demand for Buendia for a player of similar age and talents. He could be a very smart buy for any PL team.

Berge has never impressed me
Perreira would be a very smart buy for anyone
Same Johnson has generally been very good too but they want £18m... not sure if that is the right price
Anderson 100%
Tete has been very good too when I’ve seen them
Bogle you would hope has learned a lot this year so is worth a gamble at the right price

Berge has never impressed me
Perreira would be a very smart buy for anyone
Same Johnson has generally been very good too but they want £18m... not sure if that is the right price
Anderson 400%
Tete has been very good too when I’ve seen them
Bogle you would hope has learned a lot this year so is worth a gamble at the right price
In that game last season when Sheff Utd beat us 3-1 I thought that Berge was brilliant.

Scored the first, assisted the 3rd and dominated in midfield that day. He had a very good game indeed.
No we were poor
He did score
But we were gash
I’ve seen better players score vs us
And worse players too
Doesn’t mean I’d want them
But some of the other guys .... yeah

No we were poor
He did score
But we were gash
I’ve seen better players score vs us
And worse players too
Doesn’t mean I’d want them
But some of the other guys .... yeah
Irrespective of how bad we were he was very good..... 8.8 rating on whoscored. You may or may not like him as a player but he had a very good game against us that day.
Sheffield United were even worse against us last week than we were against them in that 3-1 defeat. That doesn't mean that Bale and Aurier (as IMO our two best players in the game) didn't have very good games.

Sheffield United
Sander Berge. Sheff Utd have missed him this season. A proper central midfield player who is quite tenacious, a very good passer of the ball and has a habit of popping up in good positions in the opposition's pelanty area.

Fulham

West Brom

Lookman is technically a Leipzig player but would be a great replacement for Moura...but you have Anderson in there, so I'd have Lookman too!

Agree about Anderson, Bogle and Adarabioyo though from what I've seen of them

I'm not convinced that Berge is mobile enough personally....bit like Big Tommy Huddlestone

Sheffield United

Fulham

West Brom

Levy should sign you up as a scout. These suggestions are better than that current waste of space Hichens has actually delivered.

Irrespective of how bad we were he was very good..... 8.8 rating on whoscored. You may or may not like him as a player but he had a very good game against us that day.
Sheffield United were even worse against us last week than we were against them in that 3-1 defeat. That doesn't mean that Bale and Aurier (as IMO our two best players in the game) didn't have very good games.
True
Still didn’t impress me

Sheffield United

Fulham

West Brom

If we could get Anderson and Bogle in as our key signings, along with the return of Skipp, Sessegnon, Foyth and Gazzaniga, I think we'd be in very good shape for next season. Maybe a new Vinicius on loan too, if the view is that neither Parrott or Scarlett are ready for that role yet.

If we could get Anderson and Bogle in as our key signings, along with the return of Skipp, Sessegnon, Foyth and Gazzaniga, I think we'd be in very good shape for next season. Maybe a new Vinicius on loan too, if the view is that neither Parrott or Scarlett are ready for that role yet.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying 'very good shape' but we'd be in a better place. We definitely need the back-up CF and also Bale (or alternative) signed.

We dont need Toby, Dier, Foyth, Anderson, Sanchez, Rodon and Tanganga, as well Doherty, Aurier and Bogle, but you could have a near net zero spend window by:

- sell Sanchez, sign Anderson (€25m in and out..ish)
- sell Foyth (Villareal have an option to buy I think) (£10m in)
- sign Bogle, sell Doherty (bit of net spend)
- sign Lookman, sell Moura (<£10m small net spend)
- sign Bale on loan
- sign a back-up CF, probably on loan like Vinicius
- Skipp comes back (one of Sissoko or Lamela probably leaves, depending on how you view the Ndombele role)
- Sess returns

Obviously there's more drastic surgery which lots of us would like to see, but the above I think is realistic for a number of transfers to be done amd would improve us immeasurably

I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying 'very good shape' but we'd be in a better place. We definitely need the back-up CF and also Bale (or alternative) signed.

We dont need Toby, Dier, Foyth, Anderson, Sanchez, Rodon and Tanganga, as well Doherty, Aurier and Bogle, but you could have a near net zero spend window by:

- sell Sanchez, sign Anderson (€25m in and out..ish)
- sell Foyth (Villareal have an option to buy I think) (£10m in)
- sign Bogle, sell Doherty (bit of net spend)
- sign Lookman, sell Moura (<£10m small net spend)
- sign Bale on loan
- sign a back-up CF, probably on loan like Vinicius
- Skipp comes back (one of Sissoko or Lamela probably leaves, depending on how you view the Ndombele role)
- Sess returns

Obviously there's more drastic surgery which lots of us would like to see, but the above I think is realistic for a number of transfers to be done amd would improve us immeasurably
Personally alderwiereld and sissoko would would be my two main outs (along with Doherty, rose and hart). I think their age/signs of physical decline are key in that decision.

I'd be keen to see what a new coach can do with all of Sanchez, Foyth and bergewin - I think there's still players inside all of them. So for that reason I wouldn't be anymore drastic than just adding a couple of cultured pacy defenders and finding the latest Kane cover fix

Dzeko on a free would be my shout for back up striker.

Back