• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

You’d honestly like someone like Usmanov owning Spurs? An individual who’s linked to crime syndicates, dicey business deals, oil and all the corrupt officials of the former Soviet nations.

Give me Levy every day of the week.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No, if we can find someone willing to invest more than ENIC, who doesn't have links to crime or a country with a terrible human rights record, that would be ideal. Appreciate that might narrow the pool, but sod it, that's what I want.

To the entitled lot who think we should be cradling trophies [emoji471] already, here’s a short psychometric questionnaire:

What will you do if we don’t get any gleaning metal soon?

What will you do if we do under Levy?

What appx year did you started supporting Spurs? Were you in it for the trophies then?

Do you except alternative owners to Levy could (are likely) to be a lot worse? From the incompetence of a Randy Learner to the milking machine of the Glaziers, or the dirty money of semi-criminal billionaire.

When you play games is it fun to cheat, to look up the answers or get the cheat code?

I honestly think the various Covid frustrations combined with us coming to the end of a lengthy period of progress has led to some being a miffed. I can understand it, but blaming Levy for your frustrations may not be valid or fair.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Be very sad.

Celebrate wildly and praise the guy as being right all along - or certainly having earned the right and trust to make the occasional mistake.

I'm almost 32.....so 1996 I can remember my first Premier League sticker book. Stuart Nethercott. Gerry Francis. Definitely wasn't in it for trophies - started supporting Spurs because my first football coach was a Spurs fan and got me a club scarf for Christmas. He suckered me in and I've been attached ever since.

I accept they could be a lot worse. I don't necessarily accept they are likely to be.

No, it's not fun to cheat. But I think we've done the hard yards, and any more investment now will just be levelling the playing field. We are the last club that can be accused of cheating at this point.

Spurs should be admired for the journey you outline. Yet we are still viewed as something of a joke, harder to laugh at than years ago but still. How much sneering and denigration do Tottenham get? How much faint or backhanded praise?
A part of me wants acknowledgement of our achievement. From outside our fanbase. It's shallow, but it's that thing of wanting people to know how good you are and not tear you down.

I'd want us to win something significant and maybe then get the external investment.
To remove the possible accusation of being as bad as the rest of them, of being hypocrites.

In a sense, I laugh at people sneering us for a lack of trophies, or bottling it. The fact that we are remotely in those discussions when Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa and Everton aren't, is because of the great work the club has done. It could have been any one of those other 3 given profile, history, stadium. But it was us.

On the other hand, the trophy jibes are getting to me. We always fall just short. It's almost laughably predictable. I'm fed up with it. And I'm even more fed up with it because I felt like we had a guy that could have taken us there, because he got so close, and because of bad decisions we seem quite far from that point.

No, if we can find someone willing to invest more than ENIC, who doesn't have links to crime or a country with a terrible human rights record, that would be ideal. Appreciate that might narrow the pool, but sod it, that's what I want.

Is there a country without a terrible human rights record?

Or a billionaire that isn’t some kind of criminal?

He didn't do anything illegal, a bit like saying funeral directors make their money on the misery of others

More the idea that our chairman is some sort of delightful billionaire.

I’ll be happy to swap him for someone willing to invest in the playing side.

What you're saying is totally fair.

I was also massively onboard with the idea that we didn't cheat our way to the top. And I think to be honest, we've already done it! Where as Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton, Villa etc have failed, we succeeded. Regular European football, never falling too far away. Getting so near to the biggest prizes with 0 spend. Ridiculous achievement.

I think, personally, that we can bank that, that we can be proud of a club that did it the right way, having invested in the infrastructure that really protects our long term future and not have us be overly reliant on external finances to sustain our level at the top table, and now just really go for it. It wouldn't mean any less to me. We did the hard yards. We arrived at the top table through sheer hard work and clever investments. And we did it without a level playing field. Now, to win, I just want to level that field. It won't be a cheat code to me. It would just be levelling it out. Winning a league is still ridiculously hard. It will still take great coaching, great performances, grit, determination, exciting football. Many people would still put in a huge amount of effort and skill and we could still support them every step of the way. It won't be easy. But it just means we'd finally be fighting with a similar sized knife.

I don’t get the cheating tag, it’s not cheating,

If Lewis decides to suddenly invest a billion into the playing squad would anything we win be classed as cheating?

If Levy has sold up to Roman all those years ago, I suspect the views of some fans maybe slightly different.

I don’t get the cheating tag, it’s not cheating,

If Lewis decides to suddenly invest a billion into the playing squad would anything we win be classed as cheating?

If Levy has sold up to Roman all those years ago, I suspect the views of I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you maybe slightly different.

You haven't heard of Financial Fair Play rules? I know neither have these oil Barrons who play fast and loose with rules.

Back