• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Indeed. I think much of my anger really comes down to the way that Pochettino was treated. I think we were the very definition of looking a gift horse in the mouth. There were some bad decisions made around that period (including backing him with 3 players and then sacking him before he could really use them). Maybe I just need to finally get over that and I can get back onboard the ENIC bus for a few years to see where we end up. Having finally got rid of the mistake after the mistake that was Mourinho, I should find it easier to do that.
Indeed. Turning water into wine. Victim of his own success. We measure so much by those expectations he set. It's hard, as climbing that final part of the mountain is the toughest BUT we had a bloody clear view of the top with Poch.

Last edited:
I’m not saying an actual PE should buy us, I was talking about the principal of different investors with different risk profiles and different amounts of cash to invest. All I’m saying is I’d like a group equipped with the cash to invest in taking us to the next level, because ENIC aren’t that. They have done a great job picking us up for not very much, running the club sustainability and building the infrastructure while staying in the top 6. I think a new group would have to stump up a lot of cash, so we would need someone with deep pockets willing to do it. But our next phase, if we are going to continue to progress, would be a different investment and risk profile compared to when we were picked up.
I know you wasn't suggesting a PE firm buys us (I don't think they've ever targeted footbal iirc), I think I worded my reply clumsily, apologies.

Great thread from SwissRamble on United's financials.
We are in most of the graphs in comparison.

To think of the supposed 'useless' 'barely competent' behaviour of Levy/Lewis and then look at the Glazer approach.:rolleyes:

Its sad for United as there is no need for the Glazers to be there. They would be exactly where they are now just without the 1bn they've spent on interest payments and dividends.

Basically a New White Hart Lane.

And Old Trafford is crumbling.

To think of the supposed 'useless' 'barely competent' behaviour of Levy/Lewis and then look at the Glazer approach.:rolleyes:

Its sad for United as there is no need for the Glazers to be there. They would be exactly where they are now just without the 1bn they've spent on interest payments and dividends.

That’s what toxic about the United set up
Brought in a kind of false pretences way and lumped with the debt to go with it

I'd like it if they did something else with the South plaza. It's nice having the big open view to and from the south stand. Just build some more food outlets and bars.

Great when the Corner Pin gets done though.

Would be weird having two massive tower blocks there. There is a pretty awesome view from the top of the south stand too. Not sure how high those planned blocks were but will be a bit of an eyesore. But hard to give up 100m or whatever would be made on them. Was there a plan to house a hotel in one?

The Glaziers have done more to create fair competition than financial fair play. Tbf all non-MU fans should be thanking them! With the Glaziers debt burden, united can still outspend us. Can you imagine how far ahead they'd be without the Glaziers handicap!

Would we weird having two massive tower blocks there. There is a pretty awesome view from the top of the south stand too. Not sure how high those planned blocks were but will be a bit of an eyesore. But hard to give up 100m or whatever would be made on them. Was there a plan to house a hotel in one?

And a massive diving pool if I recall.

I'm glad we're getting somewhere, mate - at least it's gone from 'ENIC are geniuses' to 'well, they're not the Glazers'. Progress - you'll come over to our side one day. ;)

ENIC and Levy are useless custodians - barely- competent deadweights who add no value to the club with their ownership. Do they take any away? No. Do they add any? Also no.

I'm glad we're getting somewhere, mate - at least it's gone from 'ENIC are geniuses' to 'well, they're not the Glazers'. Progress - you'll come over to our side one day. ;)

ENIC and Levy are useless custodians - barely- competent deadweights who add no value to the club with their ownership. Do they take any away? No. Do they add any? Also no.
Well many a prospective owner could fall into the 'even less competent than Levy' bracket, there are very few people that can actually afford us.

All irrelevant really as sugar daddy or nothing is 'your side':p

Now now! That is so OTT it is almost sarcasm! We have an amazing stadium which will bring in the revenues needed to compete with the top 4. OK so the Mourinho move was a very expensive mistake, and we need to replenish the squad, but we've been there before. The reason people are tinkled off is because Mou's appointment, coupled with early success on the pitch, raised expectations. Now we are all disappointed and down in the dumps, but we'll revive, and next season's team will be more organised. We may not have all of today's superstars next season but a decent manager should improve the team....

Back