• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

2 massively wickets for England, India were looking at maybe 400
6 down now we might even be able to romp through them

Would sum the Aussies up if they got him back

Steve Smith says he "would be keen" to return as Australia captain if the national selectors wanted him.

Batsman Smith was removed as captain and banned from leadership roles for at least two years for his part in the ball-tampering scandal in 2018.

The 31-year-old served a year-long playing ban and resumed internationals in June 2019, under Tim Paine in Tests and Aaron Finch in T20 and ODIs.

"I've learnt so much about myself and grown as a human being," Smith said.

There was criticism of current Test captain Paine following Australia's home series defeat by India.

Smith was named Australia's player of the series when he returned for the 2019 Ashes, scoring 774 runs at an average of 110.57.

"I've certainly had a lot of time to think about it and I guess now I've got to a point where if the opportunity did come up again, I would be keen," Smith told News Corp.

"If it was what Cricket Australia wanted and it was what was best for the team at the time, it's certainly something I would be interested in."

Good game!
Indian catchers made me chuckle!

i felt like i was watching Indian fielders of the 90s, whenever Navjot Sidhu was under the ball, i already knew the outcome. Great series, England pushing India all the way, i unfortunately don't think it'll be as good in the reverse Tour this summer, India will get a spanking i think.

i felt like i was watching Indian fielders of the 90s, whenever Navjot Sidhu was under the ball, i already knew the outcome. Great series, England pushing India all the way, i unfortunately don't think it'll be as good in the reverse Tour this summer, India will get a spanking i think.

not sure! There are no t20 or one dayers?

I thought Wood was going to pass out yesterday

I think it will be similarly tight with Eng edging it with the home advantage.

Essex pull a win out of the fire again, amazing county side, so proud! Just refuse to give up!

Anyone know the situation with Harmer and being eligible for England? I personally think that he’d catapult us to the best side in world cricket if he played, the step up from a leach / Bess to Harmer is huge.

Essex pull a win out of the fire again, amazing county side, so proud! Just refuse to give up!

Anyone know the situation with Harmer and being eligible for England? I personally think that he’d catapult us to the best side in world cricket if he played, the step up from a leach / Bess to Harmer is huge.

Been told he can't do it, can't remember the exact details but he has tried

I see that bottom-of-the-league Hyderabad stripped the captaincy from that clam Warner and dropped him from the team. Head of Cricket there is Trevor Bayliss :D

Back