• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Observations

- fudge VAR and the FA, in 5 minutes you saw what a miserable failure the system is, one of the clearest red cards of the season, and a goal disallowed for a hand offside (that if you use same hand in scoring a goal is disallowed)
- Nice assists by Aurier (first one was filthy)
- Press was back on, sitting higher up for sure
- Bale still has pace (2nd goal), and is a finishing monster
- Harry's passing was sublime, shooting was brick

Team selection and subs still bring questions

- Dele had an ok game but didn't seem to justify inclusion over Lucas
- Winks ..

There is, however what the ref has to weigh up is if there was anyway to avoid contact, we would see red cards every other week - you can’t be sent off if there is no way to avoid it, I would class flying in as mentioned above different than a player trying to jump over a tackler.

I’m not disagreeing it’s a red, just who was at fault for failing in giving it.

Mane one was different from memory? He went to kick the ball - if a player is on the floor and the player is trying to avoid I would class it as a different scenario.
Trying to jump over a tackler is obviously fine. The key word being "trying", if that was him trying to avoid landing on Lo Celso I don't under how he's a professional athlete. I see no attempt at not landing on Lo Celso.

There wouldn't be red cards every other week because this doesn't happen often at all, because most players actually try to not land on the head of the opponent and it's not that difficult I think.

Trying to jump over a tackler is obviously fine. The key word being "trying", if that was him trying to avoid landing on Lo Celso I don't under how he's a professional athlete. I see no attempt at not landing on Lo Celso.

There wouldn't be red cards every other week because this doesn't happen often at all, because most players actually try to not land on the head of the opponent and it's not that difficult I think.

He looks down, then puts his foot on Lo Celso's head, 100% deliberate

The there would be red cards every other week is absolute flimflam, when last did anyone see peg marks in a players face?

We can all see there was no attempt on the replay (in fact a look down as well) however at full speed I think it’s difficult to be 100 percent sure.

I’d like to know what the ref said as well to VAR, which is why they need to be able to be heard to give us more idea of what’s going on.

He looks down, then puts his foot on Lo Celso's head, 400% deliberate

The there would be red cards every other week is absolute flimflam, when last did anyone see peg marks in a players face?

Doesn’t matter where you stamp on a player for it to be a red card, the area he landed on is irrelevant

Nor does the injury to the player, Son got a ridiculous red card because the ref decided to look at the injury.

Imagine how good they could have been if they weren't following ridiculous stone age traditions
I am not Muslim, but I really admire many aspects of their faith. Whether or not you believe in GHod to fast between the sunrise and sunset requires incredible discipline and I have so much respect for anyone who does it. These days I struggle to walk past a cake shop without going in. Incidentally, the discipline of fasting is not only from food and drink but any thing sinful including swearing.

I’d love to see you say these things to @LutonSpurs face but we both know you’re one of those insidious little cowardly racists who hides behind barbed comments and anonymity. Weasel.
In fairness to Scara I don't think he is racist. Disrespectful perhaps but not racist. He years all religions the equal amounts of contempt.

In fairness to Scara I don't think he is racist. Disrespectful perhaps but not racist. He years all religions the equal amounts of contempt.

I used to think that too.

Edit: trying to disrespect and goad one of our few Muslim posters as he has done repeatedly over the years deserves no fairness.

Satisfied with the win. But there is nothing to shout about as Sheffield United is easily the worst team in the league. The fact Aurier had 1 goal and 2 assists while Bergwijn had 2 assists home and away against Sheffield United shows you how poor they are. They made it easier for us.

Credit to Bale and Son for the goals, especially Bale who had the hattrick. But wish Bale had played and scored like this earlier in the season when we needed him most. Instead he only plays well now after announcing he will be going back to Real. Maybe he wants to win back his Real place. Despite the 4-0 win, it is disappointing Kane failed to score. Wanted him to score and improve his chances of finishing as the top scorer in the league. But instead he was poor and didn't have his goal scoring boots on.

We won big but still not convinced of Mason's team selections. Apart from Bale, Alli had a decent game but still failed to score. Remember, Alli still has not scored any goals in the league for us this season. Thought it was harsh to drop Ndombele who scored a brilliant goal away at Sheffield United earlier in the season. Also felt, Lamela deserved to get more playing time after being dropped for the League Cup final. Instead he only came late in the match.

With this win, we are now only 5 points behind Chelsea who are 4th in the league. With only 4 games still remaining, we will need to miracle to finish ahead of Chelsea or Leicester in top 4 places. Let's hope we will win all our remaining matches to have any chance of finishing top 4.

Last edited:
Team selection and subs still bring questions

- Dele had an ok game but didn't seem to justify inclusion over Lucas
- Winks ..
Tottenham interim head coach Ryan Mason has stated that he rewarded Dele Alli with a place in his starting XI against Sheffield United following an "excellent" week in training.

Perhaps unlucky not to be included in the team again by Mason, the interim boss has revealed that (Moura) only just returned to the training pitch on Saturday.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...lts/dele-alli-sheffield-united-mason-20513854

Maybe starting Dele was also Mason's attempt to give him a the confidence boost he needs. In which case the Sheffield game was a relatively safe option to try and get him back up and running.

Whilst he's clearly still some way from the player he once was, there were few good signs that he is on his way back.

So if rehabilitation is what was behind the decision to start him, full credit to Mason. We all want to see a rejuvenated Dele back to his prime at WHL next season.

With this win, we are now only 6 points behind Chelsea who are 4th in the league. With only 4 games still remaining, we will need to miracle to finish ahead of Chelsea or Leicester in top 4 places. Let's hope we will win all our remaining matches to have any chance of finishing top 4.
Glitch in system, reboot required.

I’d love to see you say these things to @LutonSpurs face but we both know you’re one of those insidious little cowardly racists who hides behind barbed comments and anonymity. Weasel.
I gladly would. Anyone willing to get punchy over their imaginary friend really needs to look at their priorities.

That's not a race issue either - I consider lent just as ridiculous.

Back