• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Decent shout although it took him 3 years or so to start producing. We bought him in 06 IIRC and he wasn’t much good under BMJ or Ramos. It was Harry that really got the best out of him.

Reguilon is a better player for me.

I do agree, i am really looking forward to seeing him progress next season.

Timothee Atouba

I will give Atouba a pass for 3 things:

1. That goal up at Saudi Sportswashing Machine
2. Trying and pulling off a Cruyff turn in his 6 yard box. IIRC, it was during a 2-0 win v Boro that we badly needed to win after losing 6 on the bounce. Balls of steel.
3. The epic substitution during our park the bus performance at Stamford Bridge. They’ll make movies about that substitution and they’ll have to be three parters to capture it all.

Hope there’s similar outrage over this one because that could have been a really nasty injury. What if he’d caught GLC in the eye.
Imagine for a moment that you were running on a beach and you jumped over a huge sandcastle and on the other side was a wee defenceless clueless toddler sat on the sand. You would automatically try to avoid landing on the kid, you would spread your stance wide and try to put your feet either side. No way you would glance down and stamp down on the face of the toddler, that is just human nature. The Sheffield tw,at knew exactly what he was doing.

A good but expected result. Kane fairly quiet and we scored 4.
Will be interesting to see how we do against the intensity of Leeds.

Imagine for a moment that you were running on a beach and you jumped over a huge sandcastle and on the other side was a wee defenceless clueless toddler sat on the sand. You would automatically try to avoid landing on the kid, you would spread your stance wide and try to put your feet either side. No way you would glance down and stamp down on the face of the toddler, that is just human nature. The Sheffield tw,at knew exactly what he was doing.

Absolutely. fudge knows what the point of VAR is if those clueless, self-absorbed macarons in the VAR room saw that and decided 'accidental'.

C*nt even looks back at Gio and then walks away.

Glad we beat them ragged, but would have been nice for Lamela or someone to rake his studs down Fleck's face the same way, or leave a boot in on an ankle or a shin. Leave him bloody for trying that, because Gio could have lost an eye.

Aurier superb..Son, Toby, superb...Bale..well world class...but not good enough for I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you on this forum,,lol.
Kane..brick sell him finished, not fit enough..

what a fudging waste of a season! by Mouriniho...we should be in the top four.
It's frustrating when you think that, in spite of the brick season we've had, we would have been one dodgy pen against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and one worldie by Lanzini away from having top four in our hand by winning our last 4. And that's not even mentioning another 6 points that we squandered after the 85th minute.

Mate I never understand this, do on the field referees no longer have any accountability? Is VAR not meant to just assist rather than replace them? Isn't the ref still supposed to pick up dangerous challenges like the one on Lo Celso?

The ref has to be 100 percent sure it wasn’t an accident, something nearly impossible to do on one look on that incident in real time.

VAR could see him slow down, look down and then stamp and decided it wasn’t a red.

Sheffield United are horrible, but we still showed a willingness to go forward and make runs for one another that I haven't seen for a long while.

Not sure why we bring on Winks and Lamela before Ndombele in that game though. He would've tore them a new arsehole in that game. Oh, well.

Good to finally watch an entertaining match of football. :)

I thought I was quoting your post about them fasting and how they shouldn't do it. Aurier and Pogba and Fofana prove they can do it without any issues.
Imagine how good they could be if they weren't partaking in such fudgewittery.

Sheffield United are horrible, but we still showed a willingness to go forward and make runs for one another that I haven't seen for a long while.

Not sure why we bring on Winks and Lamela before Ndombele in that game though. He would've tore them a new in that game. Oh, well.

Good to finally watch an entertaining match of football. :)
Interesting one on Ndombele. Twice now he's been left on the bench when most on here would have him down as a fairly obvious sub.

Will be interesting to follow that development for the rest of the season.

The ref has to be 100 percent sure it wasn’t an accident, something nearly impossible to do on one look on that incident in real time.

VAR could see him slow down, look down and then stamp and decided it wasn’t a red.
Even if difficult to know for sure that it was on purpose, isn't there a responsibility there on the player to not hurt others? If you flying into a header with your elbow swinging at head hight and you make contact you're in trouble even if the ref can't be certain that you meant to hurt someone?

Looked nasty. We see collisions and situations like this one several times in most games week in week out. Hardly ever does it end with studs raking down the chin of the player on the ground. He made absolutely no effort to not have that happen. Red for me.

Ah well, back to the championship with you.

Interesting one on Ndombele. Twice now he's been left on the bench when most on here would have him down as a fairly obvious sub.

Will be interesting to follow that development for the rest of the season.

Yeah, it's a bit worrying. He hasn't been great lately (but who has?), but you'd imagine him benefiting from the team playing more possession based and higher up the pitch. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

I don’t think he does.

The test is does it endanger the safety of an opponent, not if there’s intent.

I remember Mané got sent off for kicking a goalkeeper in the head accidentally while stretching for a high through-ball. Not deliberately out to hurt the keeper, but dangerous pay nevertheless. Red card.

Can’t work out how that wasn’t overturned, its a cowardly disgusting stamp

Even if difficult to know for sure that it was on purpose, isn't there a responsibility there on the player to not hurt others? If you flying into a header with your elbow swinging at head hight and you make contact you're in trouble even if the ref can't be certain that you meant to hurt someone?

Looked nasty. We see collisions and situations like this one several times in most games week in week out. Hardly ever does it end with studs raking down the chin of the player on the ground. He made absolutely no effort to not have that happen. Red for me.

Ah well, back to the championship with you.

There is, however what the ref has to weigh up is if there was anyway to avoid contact, we would see red cards every other week - you can’t be sent off if there is no way to avoid it, I would class flying in as mentioned above different than a player trying to jump over a tackler.

I’m not disagreeing it’s a red, just who was at fault for failing in giving it.

I don’t think he does.

The test is does it endanger the safety of an opponent, not if there’s intent.

I remember Mané got sent off for kicking a goalkeeper in the head accidentally while stretching for a high through-ball. Not deliberately out to hurt the keeper, but dangerous pay nevertheless. Red card.

Mane one was different from memory? He went to kick the ball - if a player is on the floor and the player is trying to avoid I would class it as a different scenario.

Back