• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

gun__1255701253_campbell_train.jpg

???

Not even close.

I am not a fan of Steven Gerrard but apparently he has a pretty good back room team around him -

The thing is with the manager he is effectively the CEO of the football team -

Gerrard doesn't actually do much of the training - but Michael Beale - his first team coach is brick hot:

"Steven Gerrard" His role at Rangers has been described primarily as that of a figurehead, somewhere between the old-school British manager and the modern performance-director type. Much of the hands-on coaching is led by the highly-regarded Michael Beale, who came with him from Liverpool. In a podcast with his former Liverpool team-mate Robbie Fowler, Gerrard said recently “it would take me 15/20 years to become as good as Michael Beale as on-pitch coach”, so he is happy to delegate that side of the job.

https://theathletic.com/2431042/202...hievements-by-a-former-england-international/

I am not a fan of Steven Gerrard but apparently he has a pretty good back room team around him -

The thing is with the manager he is effectively the CEO of the football team -

Gerrard doesn't actually do much of the training - but Michael Beale - his first team coach is brick hot:

"Steven Gerrard" His role at Rangers has been described primarily as that of a figurehead, somewhere between the old-school British manager and the modern performance-director type. Much of the hands-on coaching is led by the highly-regarded Michael Beale, who came with him from Liverpool. In a podcast with his former Liverpool team-mate Robbie Fowler, Gerrard said recently “it would take me 15/20 years to become as good as Michael Beale as on-pitch coach”, so he is happy to delegate that side of the job.

https://theathletic.com/2431042/202...hievements-by-a-former-england-international/

So?

Why do people feel the need to rule out managers because they have a personal dislike for them.

Whether it be brendan rodgers or steven gerrard we couldnt give a flying fudge if you have some sad pathetic personal dislike for them.

We are discussing potential candidates to take this club forward, what doesnt help or offer anything positive towards that goal is these ridiculous remarks like ‘‘no way I hate the clam’’.

Grow up ffs.

I want a good-manager, don’t care where he’s been or not been before.
Putting aside my personal dislike for the man, winning the two-horse race that is the SPL is not a significant enough achievement to have him on our shortlist. And if you add to that his time at Spurs would be considered nothing more than his internship for the Liverpool job, that is enough to take him off our long list too IMO.

My only issue with Graham Potter is that I don't think his appointment will convince Kane etc to stay - it will be a rebuild.

I don't know about Kane, I have a feeling he will still be here next season no matter what.

Agree about the rebuild though. For me there are two options:

1. The easy option. Appoint a big name coach to appease and massage the fragile egos of our mostly uninspiring group, add a couple of competent defenders and hope for the best.

2. Take a risk. Appoint a younger Potter type coach and promote some of our most promising youth players whilst trying to nab the best talent from the championship/ league one. And most importantly, clear out the dross.

I know which one I would prefer. Sure, it may mean a couple of years in mid table and no Europe while we find our feet again but long term I think it is what's needed.

Sadly, I doubt Levy would agree with me, but I can live in hope.

Steven Gerard any takers?

I see Gérard getting a few mentions, here's my input.
He's got rangers playing good football, so I'm told.
Don’t judge him on domestic football, it's crap, celtic are imploding.
rangers are out spending everyone, so comparatively not doing it on a budget as I've seen mentioned.
They have done pretty well in the EL. Probably actually has a better euro record than rodgers had at celtic.
Good man manager, not the best training manager by mosy accountants.
Biggest draw back for me though is that as soon as Liverpool want him he is gone.

Putting aside my personal dislike for the man, winning the two-horse race that is the SPL is not a significant enough achievement to have him on our shortlist. And if you add to that his time at Spurs would be considered nothing more than his internship for the Liverpool job, that is enough to take him off our long list too IMO.

Traits from his playing career could be indicators too, tactical indiscipline, inability to kerb his temper, and of course, his support of a racist teammate.

I don't know about Kane, I have a feeling he will still be here next season no matter what.

Agree about the rebuild though. For me there are two options:

1. The easy option. Appoint a big name coach to appease and massage the fragile egos of our mostly uninspiring group, add a couple of competent defenders and hope for the best.

2. Take a risk. Appoint a younger Potter type coach and promote some of our most promising youth players whilst trying to nab the best talent from the championship/ league one. And most importantly, clear out the dross.

I know which one I would prefer. Sure, it may mean a couple of years in mid table and no Europe while we find our feet again but long term I think it is what's needed.

Sadly, I doubt Levy would agree with me, but I can live in hope.

Option 2 doesn't require 2 seasons of mid table - a good manager, project or otherwise, will arrest the decline and improve from there, i means it's still a possibility we nab a 4th place finish (or luck out on 5th getting you a CL place) and yet people are talking like we staring in to the abyss.

Back