• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want him. As far as I am concerned he needs to prove that he can make Brighton more than just perennial strugglers. Like Sean Dyche has done, like a succession of Southampton managers have done, like Hodgson did at Fulham before going to Liverpool like Eddie Howe did for several years with Bournemouth. We should be going for the Ten Haag's or the Rodgers of this world not the Graham Potter's.

Potter may well be those guys just before they hit the next stage. The risk of waiting is you miss out while they are available and later on more attractive opportunities fall their way.

While you may think we should be getting a Rodgers or Ten Hag I really question how attractive we are an option for either. With Ten Hag if he keeps his current trajectory a job like Barcelona may become available or a club of similar stature. Is taking the spurs job really worth the risk?

From an outsider's perspective we aren't the biggest spenders, we aren't the wiley transfer movers and shakers either and we are far from the most decisive transfer operators. Every manager has had some complaints regarding the support they've had in terms of squad development. And the expectation level from the board is nigh on ridiculous.

Would you really leave your comfortable seat that has been building your profile towards the biggest jobs and risk all of that to join Spurs and Daniel Levy? [emoji848]

I can't lie, if I were in either's shoes I probably wouldn't.

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want him. As far as I am concerned he needs to prove that he can make Brighton more than just perennial strugglers. Like Sean Dyche has done, like a succession of Southampton managers have done, like Hodgson did at Fulham before going to Liverpool like Eddie Howe did for several years with Bournemouth. We should be going for the Ten Haag's or the Rodgers of this world not the Graham Potter's.

Watch how he improves players and organises his team.
With a very small budget as well. He's no silver bullet but I would give him a go.

I have, they are 4th from bottom.
They’re 14th for now at least. I know where you’re coming from, and I don’t buy into the theory that because Brighton create a lot of chances imagine how many goals etc we will get with better players. Football doesn’t work like that, it’s a different club with different expectations and teams will approach Spurs in a different way to how they do Brighton - they won’t allow Spurs the space they do Brighton. However I do believe we would play good football under him and right now that’s the most important thing for me - getting back to enjoying watching Spurs play again. I can’t be bothered to worry about trophies because it seems no matter who we have in charge nothing changes. I’ll be content just to be looking forward to us play of a weekend again, and see where that takes us. I believe Potter could bring the excitement back on the pitch even if he himself doesn’t appear a particularly inspiring appointment and I don’t see a lot of outstanding candidates knocking down the door so I am happy for us to take a risk and appoint him.....

I have, they are 4th from bottom.
Actually, they're 14th at the moment, although that could change before the weekend is over. Their highest finish ever was 15th. Maybe you should add some context besides league position, every team has different expectations.

Haha I can't take you seriously if what you are putting on the table is the Swedish league.
He took a team from the 4th tier to the 1st tier for the first time in their history, winning a cup and getting them into the Europa League, beating established teams there, including beating Arsenal in one leg before being knocked out. So it is relevant.

Last edited:
What did we all think of poch before he joined us?
We need to find the next "poch" - graham potter could be it.

Easier said than done.
While we’re at it we may as well try to find the “next Guardiola”!
What’s Xavi up to these days?

Haha I can't take you seriously if what you are putting on the table is the Swedish league.
Can manage in the league your in
Did better in Europe too than most with that Swedish side
Actually won at the Emirates
What I can guarantee though is you will probably not be happy with who we get

They’re 14th for now at least. I know where you’re coming from, and I don’t buy into the theory that because Brighton create a lot of chances imagine how many goals etc we will get with better players. Football doesn’t work like that, it’s a different club with different expectations and teams will approach Spurs in a different way to how they do Brighton - they won’t allow Spurs the space they do Brighton. However I do believe we would play good football under him and right now that’s the most important thing for me - getting back to enjoying watching Spurs play again. I can’t be bothered to worry about trophies because it seems no matter who we have in charge nothing changes. I’ll be content just to be looking forward to us play of a weekend again, and see where that takes us. I believe Potter could bring the excitement back on the pitch even if he himself doesn’t appear a particularly inspiring appointment and I don’t see a lot of outstanding candidates knocking down the door so I am happy for us to take a risk and appoint him.....
Your right
It’s whereby he y have struggled against the weaker sides. The team that actually reduce your chances by okaying a packed defence. That’s when you need the quality players to make a difference that they don’t have

Easier said than done.
While we’re at it we may as well try to find the “next Guardiola”!
What’s Xavi up to these days?

Guardiola was promoted from managing the Barca B team...

There is a crapshoot element to picking a manager - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

i would love for Brendan Rodgers to join - but not sure if that will happen.

My only issue with Graham Potter is that I don't think his appointment will convince Kane etc to stay - it will be a rebuild.

My only issue with Graham Potter is that I don't think his appointment will convince Kane etc to stay - it will be a rebuild.

Certainly agree with this part. I'm not sure Kane will leave though given that I dont see anyone meeting Levy's asking price. However would be better for Kane to want to stay rather than stay because no-one meets the price

Guardiola was promoted from managing the Barca B team...

There is a crapshoot element to picking a manager - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

i would love for Brendan Rodgers to join - but not sure if that will happen.

No manager will convince Kane to stay
His fee will will though

Players shouldn’t get a say in coaching appointments.

Whether or not Kane (or any other player ) respects our next manager shouldn’t be a factor.

No fudging way, I hate the clam more than anyone else on the planet.

gun__1255701253_campbell_train.jpg

???

Back