• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Another round of quarantine here. Thought we were out of the woods, but the virus is getting closer than ever, it seems. fudging hell. :(

Those Lego mausoleums depress me. After the thing on the box has been built, it should be dismantled and the pieces devoted to one’s own dystopian technical-space fusion designs. Lego pieces belong in crates, not shelves.
Honestly.... that’s how I did it in my youth
These are all “show pieces” though, hence the prices
I loved Lego as a kid and have a loft full of it
This was a random lockdown purchase after the wife brought me baby yoda for Christmas (yoda was from the year before)
Building these gives me a chance to do something with the kids. They build there Lego and I build mine and the wife’s gets down time to do her sewing.

I can't believe they send out automated emails to internal people, that's terrible practice. If it's internal surely you can get some feedback at least.

yeh it's really poor, you could go 3 or 4 rounds then get an automated email saying "nope". the glamour of working for a major institution, you're just a rat in the race.

Oslo, Norway. The virus seems to be on the decline after a lengthy lockdown period now, but this is the first time it's been this close. Taking my son to have him tested now.
Hope it works out ok
I’ve got
My Covid jab lunchtime so we’re making good progress here

Honestly.... that’s how I did it in my youth
These are all “show pieces” though, hence the prices
I loved Lego as a kid and have a loft full of it
This was a random lockdown purchase after the wife brought me baby yoda for Christmas (yoda was from the year before)
Building these gives me a chance to do something with the kids. They build there Lego and I build mine and the wife’s gets down time to do her sewing.

I'm just jealous and bitter because my mum donated all my Lego to the neighbour's kid, without consulting me, on the assumption that I must have grown out of it because I was fourteen.

I'm just jealous and bitter because my mum donated all my Lego to the neighbour's kid, without consulting me, on the assumption that I must have grown out of it because I was fourteen.
Damn those parents
My parents kept everything and so did my wives folks
We now have a house full of a combo of old retro toys and new super duper crap that the kinds kinda combine and play with
Does mean they have taken over the house though

My lad ( who is now 42) still hates me for giving all his stars wars brick away, he was 16 at the time. From the stupid prices i see this stuff being sold for i guess i should have kept it. Would have paid for my S/T every season. :oops:

That would have made me very sad indeed !!
My parents could never really afford to buy me lego when I was a kid so I'm reliving my youth through my kids and their love for Lego

My kids (4 and 6) are getting into Lego now, and it's all coming back to me too. Awesome, really.

My mum thankfully kept all my Legos and whenever we visit her I spend my days on the floor building random stuff from my old collection - with or without my kids. :D

9AAF9792-6985-4FEF-ADB9-185FEAB4D996.jpeg

The three new ones arrived today
Something for Saturday afternoon with the kids
My 4 year old understands the instructions so well
I credit Lego with getting me into engineering and the career I have now

Hijacked a thread to talk about a kids toy (for adults)
There is a gray documentary on Netflix called the toys that made us. The Lego one is really good and Jose how a business can really fudge up as well as thrive

The plural is lego bricks. There is no such thing as a lego.
Jrwc0AQRKrO2.gif

Back