• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Graham Potter

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Watching a stream of Brighton today, my local club.

Amazing see how they are playing with such a short time with a new manager. They are pressing and passing forward something I never saw them do for the whole time Hughton was there.

Will be keeping an eye on this manager and see how he does over the course of the season.

should probably have stayed with hughton, just going to escape the drop
giphy.gif

That seems very much an issue of players rather than Potter.
His system, and some of the players, are creating the opportunities. But others are just not bringing the end product on the pitch.

I suppose questions of recruitment and player selection could be raised, but a man can only work with the resources he's given.
Indeed, but it is likely that Brighton will be given more space to create those opportunities than Potter would be given at Spurs. There are so many unknowns with Potter and the Brighton stats don’t prove to me his yet ready to take the next step. I would ideally like to see him at another club in between us and Brighton before coming to us. But I will nevertheless support him if he is appointed.

Indeed, but it is likely that Brighton will be given more space to create those opportunities than Potter would be given at Spurs. There are so many unknowns with Potter and the Brighton stats don’t prove to me his yet ready to take the next step. I would ideally like to see him at another club in between us and Brighton before coming to us. But I will nevertheless support him if he is appointed.
His next step would be a club that he wouldn’t want to leave to join us
People need to have a look at some managers careers to understand the trajectories the better ones have been on...
Poch was sacked with his team bottom on in Spain
Conte had a mare at several clubs before being given a chance at juventus bu getting Sienna promoted. He hadn’t won a thing before hand and had managed a team that got relegated
Klopp took over Mainz and struggled to get the them promoted. It took him 3 years I believe and even then they limped over the line. Then he took them down again
That’s 3 of the world big 6 managers (I’d add pep, simeone and possibly Jose to that)
Great managers need opportunities
Great managers need chances
In this country it’s so rare to see a big club do that. We did it with Poch and he didn’t have a great record despite what some will say. He took an average Southampton side and made them a bit better. He came here and inherited some am amazing players. He created some unity and got them brought into a system, and that actually took time too
We can try to appoint a name off the shelf but there’s a reason why there not employed currently. Or we can go for a manager who is held in very high regard by the guy just voted as the best manager in the land
Alternatively he could go to arsenal for example and turn them into a better side. That’s very possible abs quite scary TBH as their not as far away as people think with the second best form in the land since Christmas
That’s why we have to be decisive and brave. Potter is a brave call

Back