• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I still think Erik Ten Hag is more of a risk than Potter who has managed in the PL.

Not everyone can make the step from Ajax:

Team From To Record
P
W D L Win %
Ajax 6 December 2010 11 May 2016 263 158 58 47 60.1
Inter Milan 9 August 2016 1 November 2016 14 5 2 7 35.7
Crystal Palace 26 June 2017 11 September 2017 5 1 0 4 20.0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_de_Boer

Glasner also sounds a reasonable bet as of all the leagues managing in the Bundesliga must be closer to the PL than the Eredivisie is.

I still think Erik Ten Hag is more of a risk than Potter who has managed in the PL.

Glasner also sounds a reasonable bet as of all the leagues managing in the Bundesliga must be closer to the PL than the Eredivisie is.

Agreed that ETh and Potter have risks. One not managed in a major league, one not managed a top half team in a major league.

I guess with Glasner you'd say that the risk with him is that he's only been at Wolfsburg for 2 years, whereas Nagelsman was at RBL and Hoffenheim for longer combined, and Rodgers has spent more years in the PL than Glasner in the Bundesliga

I think any risk with a ten hag is negated significantly if we get back to a sporting director and a top one at that in ragnick or campos.

That way we can get back to signing the fonfana’s, castagne’s etc instead of the aurier’s and doherty’s. We are then building the squad correctly again and will be ticking along even if ten hag doesnt set the world on fire.

I’m disappointed thus far we aren’t hearing more on the SD appointment. I do hope Levy is not wavering on t,his. Even the Levy backers are going to grow tired of this soon.

Agreed that ETh and Potter have risks. One not managed in a major league, one not managed a top half team in a major league.

I guess with Glasner you'd say that the risk with him is that he's only been at Wolfsburg for 2 years, whereas Nagelsman was at RBL and Hoffenheim for longer combined, and Rodgers has spent more years in the PL than Glasner in the Bundesliga

He has been there 2 years, but this is nearly the average tenure of a decent manager now before they move on. I'm not saying he's the best candidate but I agree we need someone who has managed in a top league for a decent period.

If we were back when we appointed Poch we may well have been looking at a Potter (who I think would do a good job here) or lower league level manager who can 'step up' (I think Frank at Brentford is someone else who could too), but our level has been raised in football since then. I understand we would love the 'next Poch' but I think we need evolution not revolution and need a manager who has had that next step before coming to us.

Let's face it though, I'm just bloody glad Jose's gone!

My point is you can't use the state of Tottenham's defence to judge our ex manager in comparison with Chelsea. One key reason is that Chelsea has better defenders than us and for good reason they spent more and attracted better talent.

Also the continuous reference to a manager that has left ... is interesting.

Also helps that Tuchel is playing Kante in CMF instead of RMF, wish we had someone of that calibre screening our back line nowadays...

upload_2021-4-27_20-58-21.jpeg

I think any risk with a ten hag is negated significantly if we get back to a sporting director and a top one at that in ragnick or campos.

That way we can get back to signing the fonfana’s, castagne’s etc instead of the aurier’s and doherty’s. We are then building the squad correctly again and will be ticking along even if ten hag doesnt set the world on fire.

I’m disappointed thus far we aren’t hearing more on the SD appointment. I do hope Levy is not wavering on t,his. Even the Levy backers are going to grow tired of this soon.

Agreed. I like Levy; I'd want him to remain in charge of financial aspects of transfers, but think a DoF and replacing/demoting hitchen would help a lot

I've only read a little on Potter but I've seen a few comments saying there's a touch of the Martinez about him in that he can play nice football and look good but poorly organised - like Wigan used to be and Everton. Capable of great results but inconsistent.

Ten Hag, Potter and the Wolfsberg guy are all risky but sounds like they have the potential for the job.

Ten Hag, Potter and the Wolfsberg guy are all risky but sounds like they have the potential for the job.

Yes, one of those 3 it feels - there's enough rationale behind each, but each has risks.

Still surprised that Allegri hasnt been mentioned more. His teams at juve were always solid but he incorporated skillful players too. I guess its possible that he was down levy's list and could be moved too, but obviously he's out of work and Levy didnt go to him immediately, so clearly there are preferred choices

I've only read a little on Potter but I've seen a few comments saying there's a touch of the Martinez about him in that he can play nice football and look good but poorly organised - like Wigan used to be and Everton. Capable of great results but inconsistent.

Poorly organised?? I'd say the exact opposite and nothing like Martinez. They've one of the the best if not the best defensive records in the league since the turn of the year.
The reason they are inconsistent is the lack of decent forwards.

Yes, one of those 3 it feels - there's enough rationale behind each, but each has risks.

Still surprised that Allegri hasnt been mentioned more. His teams at juve were always solid but he incorporated skillful players too. I guess its possible that he was down levy's list and could be moved too, but obviously he's out of work and Levy didnt go to him immediately, so clearly there are preferred choices

I read he might be going back to Juve next season, kind of odd that no one has gone for him. He's been out of work for a couple of years now.

I read he might be going back to Juve next season, kind of odd that no one has gone for him. He's been out of work for a couple of years now.

I'm sure some journo said ages ago he was trying to improve his English so he could try the PL.

can we not appoint another chelsea reject, AVB, then Mourinho, and now Saari, frankly I dont know who is right for the poisoned chalice that is tottenham

And if Brenton doesn't fancy joining us..?

Then bigger questions then need to be asked about how Tottenham is not attractive enough to tempt him away from the mighty Leicester!
... no idea tbh on a serious alternative, post last night was half tongue in cheek. It’s all a bit of a Danny Rose Googling exercise.

Back