• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I'm not a Sissoko fan. But I can the logic that if you are gonna take Lucus off for Bale on the right that you need to put on Sissoko behind him to give more defensive cover than Lo Celso.
Bringing Sissoko and Bale on just means that instead of going down to 10 men with Bale you now have just 9 because Sissoko is useless turd who offers nothing not even defensive cover as witnessed on Sunday.

There's this myth that because he's big and black he's some sort of defensive worker in midfield. It's nonsense. He's a load of brick. Can't pass, hides from the ball, awful reading of the play always reacting to what has happened never anticipating. He's bloody useless and the moment we subbed him on we essentially rolled over and said take our belly.

I'm not a Sissoko fan. But I can the logic that if you are gonna take Lucus off for Bale on the right that you need to put on Sissoko behind him to give more defensive cover than Lo Celso.
I can see the logic, difficult to not be too influenced by hindsight when evaluating. I wasn't convinced at the time, I remain unconvinced.

But I guess leaving Bale on the bench wasn't seen as a good option...

I can see the logic, difficult to not be too influenced by hindsight when evaluating. I wasn't convinced at the time, I remain unconvinced.

But I guess leaving Bale on the bench wasn't seen as a good option...

Couldn’t possibly tell bale to do some running...

I find the whole “babysitting” bale thing laughable.

Sort of attitude by the players/club shows why we are a complete mess.

The Sissoko decision was the same as the Winks & Dele ones

- Makes sense if you are thinking about the player that was 18-24 months ago
- No fudging sense if you have watched the Jose timeline

Sissoko had a 2 season "moment" for us, but that player is gone

It is weird, but it feels a bit like the first and the current Sissoko was the real one, the freak in between was just some crazy fluke where he was on some superdrug or something.

It is weird, but it feels a bit like the first and the current Sissoko was the real one, the freak in between was just some crazy fluke where he was on some superdrug or something.

When it became clear we weren't buying anyone else and he was our long term replacement for the crocked Wanyama/Dier we probably set up/coached the team to make up for his deficiencies

Looking for that (underrated) post has made me realise Sissoko has been here since 2016.

Now I feel sad.

He’s on 100k a week if rumours are to be believed. That’s 26m he’s gotten in wages. So he’s cost us around 50m and all we’ve got is a fella who can “run around a bit.”

Eriksen was rumoured to be on around 60k when Sissoko signed. When I think of it in those terms, I’m surprised it took Eriksen so long to phone it in.

To think that Levy’s Transfer Committee broke our club transfer record so we could have the privilege of Sissoko playing for Spurs in the prime of his career :cool:

We absolutely needed to cut our losses after the first season and move him on. I can only imagine stubbornness at not wanting to lose an on paper value meant we kept him despite it being clear that he was completely unsuited to the role we needed him for or the quality of the team at the time.

What is quite and clear is the decline in the quality of football we've played has had an almost direct correlation with Sissoko starting more games.

Nice guy, i like his personality and did ever so well to fight for his place. Was effective at times, but not nearly good enough to be a player playing for a team dreaming of Champions League football.

I wish him all the best and hope he is happy at his new club.

Back