• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Ok fair enough.I bet all those things were when he was Liverpool manager and 'Scoucified' though...has he been/said any of those since he left Liverpool? Or even since taking over at Leicester?

I hold similar opinions as @Baleforce on rodgers, but you could have a point on the Liverpool thing.
When he came to celtic I expected his ego to go into orbit, there are a lot of deluded old firm supporters, and I really thought he would play up to the celtic faithful.
But fair play he was very low key and in the main came across well.
One thing I think mght entice him to come here us that he does have a messiah complex. Sees himself as the saviour of lost causes. And by GHod do we fit that profile.

We might be, but we were also bigger than Emirates Marketing Project (in real non-monopoly football terms, probably still are).
We are almost certainly not in a better place as a club right now though.

Leaving all allegiances aside given the state of the two clubs and how the owners operate i think he'd be mad to come to us right now. I still can't see it

You are missing egos and career ambitions

- There is no world in which achievements at Leicester or the profile/CV padding is even in the same planet

- Who are you following at Leicester? vs. replacing Jose and Poch?
- Poch got the PSG job, what did Ranieri get after winning the PL with them?

Not saying he takes it, but despite current situations, the clubs are not comparable.

You are missing egos and career ambitions

- There is no world in which achievements at Leicester or the profile/CV padding is even in the same planet

- Who are you following at Leicester? vs. replacing Jose and Poch?
- Poch got the PSG job, what did Ranieri get after winning the PL with them?

Not saying he takes it, but despite current situations, the clubs are not comparable.

Or...taking a club/team you have fashioned for two years into the CL vs rebuilding us whilst having to work with Levy (who Jose "The Special One"/"The Special Once" also failed under) and perhaps 2/3 years away from competing in the CL.

Just because Ranieri peaked at Leicester doesn't mean anything, e.g. what will Jose do after us?

I don't think that our historic trophy haul dwarfing Leicester's means anything right now in terms of Ridgers leaving them for us. He has actually managed bigger clubs than us anyway

Assuming he hasnt signed already, then I cant believe that Levy would want to wait til the season is over before discussing things with him.

If he's out, then its Ten Hag or Potter (or maybe Allegri). Each have pros and cons IMO, but would be good to have it sorted asap

You want to compare Chelsea's defenders to Spurs defenders. I am going to have a lie down.

Chelsea's defenders are better for sure; but they are also playing under proper coaching unlike us for a while now. Remember they were lower than us when Lampard was sacked...

Back