• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT CARABAO CUP FINAL TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe the players were assigned who to mark and where to mark them
Our best headers of the ball are all in line
Sissoko hadn't been on the pitch long.... He came on as a direct replacement for Lo Celso. Surely Lo Celso wasn't detailed to pick up Laporte for corners before Sissoko came on?!?

It would be interesting to see who was picking up Laporte for City's previous corners I think.

Or perhaps we were using zonal marking? If so then Kane, Toby and Dier all within a few yards of the near post shows that we were doing a terrible job at it.

Frankly , I have no idea what his position is. Too defensively weak to be a DM, too lazy to be a box to box midfielder and not good enough to be a number 10. Imo he is totally unsuited to the PL.
At the moment he is the best number 10 that we have, though that does assume Kane is playing as the number 9 and Dele is still persona non grata at Spurs.

Sissoko hadn't been on the pitch long.... He came on as a direct replacement for Lo Celso. Surely Lo Celso wasn't detailed to pick up Laporte for corners before Sissoko came on?!?

It would be interesting to see who was picking up Laporte for City's previous corners I think.

Or perhaps we were using zonal marking? If so then Kane, Toby and Dier all within a few yards of the near post shows that we were doing a terrible job at it.
I think we do a combo like most sides
But I don’t know who was marking him earlier

City’s power isht the players they sign. It’s the money they can write off
That’s why they will walk the league again next season

Agree, de bruyne gets a new contract for £350k a week, first team i say each one be on £100k+ a week,and i say some are on £250k+.....they nearly got caught fiddling the books by UEFA and nearly get thrown out of the champs league,they dont sell out their home games and an oil rich country props them up .

They bitch and moan about the euro top 6 last week its them are the instigators of it all,bursting their books high salaries....one rule for them and fudge the rest...

Agree, de bruyne gets a new contract for £350k a week, first team i say each one be on £100k+ a week,and i say some are on £250k+.....they nearly got caught fiddling the books by UEFA and nearly get thrown out of the champs league,they dont sell out their home games and an oil rich country props them up .

They bitch and moan about the euro top 6 last week its them are the instigators of it all,bursting their books high salaries....one rule for them and fudge the rest...
Well pool are second in wages list at £350m so city are spending more than that

Frankly , I have no idea what his position is. Too defensively weak to be a DM, too lazy to be a box to box midfielder and not good enough to be a number 10. Imo he is totally unsuited to the PL.

He's a "line breaker", where you play that depends on how you want to set up the team.

The PL has lots of teams that either have very well setup lines to kill space and cut off passing and/or press to same effect. That was the magic of Dembele, he could receive the ball and go past (ghost) his press and defeat the line.

Ndombele is the best player we have at that skill, sit off he can pass the ball, press him and he will do his drunken master brick and go past you (even multiple players). That is exactly what was missing against City because their press and discipline cut off anything but longer passes and we had no one capable of going through them (Winks cannot).

The best players we have against that kind of play is Ndombele, Kane (who by dropping deep either makes space or drags a defender out) and to a lesser extent Lucas (he will beat a man directly) and Lamela (he ghosts players pretty well)

I would not be surprised if City purposely fudged the ESL with Chelsea (last to join, first ones to leave), ESL would fudge other teams but would have probably evened the odds at the top.

I think we do a combo like most sides
But I don’t know who was marking him earlier

Dier sees Laporte, instructs Sissoko, Sissoko is there but simply too slow and soft. The more annoying thing is we saw everything from set-pieces the whole match, including this.

Yeah, seen the clip doing the rounds. Winks has been like that for years but Hojbjerg looks worn out and guess Lo Celso needs to shake off the rust after 2 years of persistent injuries.

As bad as Ndombele was against Southampton he’s still the best midfielder in our squad and has shown in CL that he isn’t intimidated by €iteh.

Carragher makes some very good points...
the thing that upsts me is when our defenders costantly put their hands behind their back when they think a cross or a shot is coming. How do you keep proper balance? your body is instantly at a disadvantage if the attacking player moves forward quickley or changes direction.
This is like part of spurs culture now..?

That very last picture demonstrates just how important Emirates Marketing Project's tactical fouls were and also how poor the ref was. I think this was the second foul (which should've been the red). If so and he couldn't make the foul having correctly been booked earlier then he would've been leaving us 4 on 2 which is a goal 90% of the time in top level football. That situation should've therefore been either goal or red card.
Perhaps the referee thought he was doing Spurs a favour by sparing us having to play a €iteh team reduced to 10 men...

Yeah, seen the clip doing the rounds. Winks has been like that for years but Hojbjerg looks worn out and guess Lo Celso needs to shake off the rust after 2 years of persistent injuries.

As bad as Ndombele was against Southampton he’s still the best midfielder in our squad and has shown in CL that he isn’t intimidated by €iteh.

Painful but beautiful video. Jamie Carragher take a bow and now I am utterly delighted that I didn't watch on Sunday. I would have been raging all through the week. I agree with him that sexy is lazy punditry. We have had some wonderful sides.

I think worth remembering when watching that City are one of the best drilled pressing teams around and in form. On our side playing our through pressure has been a problem for us for years and I think it's highly unlikely that it's been an area of focus under Mourinho. And we're off form.

There's a reason why City press like this, because it's effective, because it's really hard to deal with.

Dier showed "courage" and we almost conceded immediately. It's easy to point out the courageous moves that could have been played, something entirely different to do that as an individual, in a team that hasn't been drilled to do that, against City.

I think worth remembering when watching that City are one of the best drilled pressing teams around and in form. On our side playing our through pressure has been a problem for us for years and I think it's highly unlikely that it's been an area of focus under Mourinho. And we're off form.

There's a reason why City press like this, because it's effective, because it's really hard to deal with.

Dier showed "courage" and we almost conceded immediately. It's easy to point out the courageous moves that could have been played, something entirely different to do that as an individual, in a team that hasn't been drilled to do that, against City.
5 years vs 5 days
It’s that simple before you look at £2b investment

I agree totally with the point made earlier about free kicks in and around the half way line.... I usually end up screaming, 'get the f...ing ball in the box'.....

How many times have we seen teams come to Spurs, put 10 men behind the ball but load our pelanty area every time they get a free kick within range... And several times those 'lesser' teams have won 1 nil...

It's terrible game management to end up playing the ball back to Lloris and miss an opportunity to get in the opponents box when we're being outplayed. And then i hear that our Xg was 0.04.. That means we would have to play Emirates Marketing Project 25 times to get an Xg of 1... I am not saying Xg is the definitive assessment of a game but figures like that do say a lot..

And then i hear we havent actually scored a goal in our last 4 cup finals... I'm gutted with it all..

Not sure about the point earlier but with free kicks, but lost count this season on when we get a free kick on the half way line or by touchline, sky tv has close up on the injured Spurs player, after the foul, see repeat of say foul on tv, then next scene we see is Lloris has the ball in his hands.............how the fudge did that happen ,we were on the half way line and we decide to go backwards when we got the advantage??... sides press up and we end up kicking the ball into touch after trying to play from the back....feck sake.

Feeling bitter but not really surprised ! Have never been so demotivated and disinterested in our Cup before like this before ! All thanks to Levy for sacking Mourinho before just a few days before the Final, just like how he sacked George Graham before the FA Cup semi final against Arsenal in 2001 ! The moment Mourinho was sacked, we had already lost this Final. It is clear Levy picked the team instead of Mason.

Surely, a former player like Mason won't be that stupid to pick 3 of our worst players this season, Winks, Sissoko and Bergwijn for a big Cup final like this ! And 2 of our better players, Lamela and Ndombele didn't even play at all ! It is really a stupid team selection ! Not sure how we used the same midfield of Winks and Sissoko who also played in the CL final against Liverpool !

Wish we had not qualified to this final as it would have been much easier to accept going out in the earlier rounds than the Final. Wish Lamela had not scored that late goal against Chelsea or we had lost in the penalty shoot outs in Round 4 !

With this defeat, we have now "
- gone 13 years without a trophy
- failed to win a trophy in the year that ends in "1" for the third consecutive times (2001, 2011 and 2021)
- lost 5 out of 6 Cup Finals since Levy became chairman (2002 League Cup, 2009 League Cup, 2015 League Cup, 2019 Champions League, 2021 League Cup)
- lost 4 consecutive Cup finals, of them in the League Cup (2009, 2015 and 2021)

Some unwanted facts :
- 9 players (Lloris, Alderweireld, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Alli, Moura, Kane and Son) played in both the 2019 CL Final and this 2021 League Cup final and lost them both - lack of winning mentality ?
- 3 players (Lloris, Dier and Kane) played in 3 Cup finals (2015 League Cup, 2019 CL, 2021 League Cup) and lost all 3 - serial losers ?
- Mason lost 2015 League Cup final as a player and has now lost the 2021 League Cup final as a caretaker manager - tough luck ?
- Lamela replaced Mason in the 71st min of the 2015 League Cup Final but was an unused sub for the 2019 CL and 2021 League Cup finals - wasted talent ?
- Davies was unused sub in 2015 League Cup final and 2019 CL final but was dropped for 2021 League Cup final - unlucky ?

We used to be a Cup winning team but Levy has destroyed our winning mentality since becoming chairman. Not sure we will ever win another trophy as long as Levy is the chairman. We are fast becoming Saudi Sportswashing Machine who used to win major trophies but have not failed to win any since 1955 !

Back