• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Levy/ENIC in/out/shake it all about poll....

Seeing as we're debating ENIC/Levy and what we'd like for our future... Would you prefer...

• Total voters
I would have gone with ENIC being bought out, but in reality with our likely debt levels especially since the pandemic, it would take a megalomaniac of epic proportions to buy them out.
So i'd make do with Levy being further away from the fotball side of things and having a good DoF for continuity of football operations

Sacking Poch (and replacing him with the worst possible candidate) is the one thing I have against them. We should have just weathered 19-20 season knowing it would be bumpy. I'm sure we would be back in 2nd or 3rd this season had we done that. Now we have 2 years of damage to repair.

But generally I'm happy with the overall approach and progress. Organic growth if you were

I'm finding it difficult to vote on this. I want Levy to stay 100% although there is a media narrative ramping up against him. The ESL has proved a massive misstep even if I don't think he had much choice. In situations like this optics matter more than facts and the optics are terrible.

I see Hitchen getting a lot of stick on here. And maybe it's justified...I can't comment because I don't know enough about him. It's all very well people coming on here having a go with where we are but I started this season massively optimistic we could challenge for the league. The summer recruitment was, I thought, excellent. Doherty looked a very good buy although he's flopped badly. Reguilon, recent bad form aside, has been a super purchase. Hojbjerg similar. Bale coming back had me jizzing myself - a combination of his attitude and some mismanagement IMO has killed that optimism. Vinicius is as good a back up striker as we can get given who the first choice is. Rodon will be a very good buy. We all knew CB was an issue. We did try on that front but this isn't Championship Manager where you can just get who you want. All in all, I was delighted with our business so I can't turn around now and change my tune. I think Hitchen is taking some unfair stick.

However, on balance, I'd probably say Levy in to run the club and a DoF to get him away from football matters.

Sacking Poch (and replacing him with the worst possible candidate) is the one thing I have against them. We should have just weathered 19-20 season knowing it would be bumpy. I'm sure we would be back in 2nd or 3rd this season had we done that. Now we have 2 years of damage to repair.

But generally I'm happy with the overall approach and progress. Organic growth if you were
I agree with your hindsight analysis:)

The Jose appointment was passable on two fronts. The narrative amongst many supporters is we lacked a winning mentality and couldn't get over the line. So Jose is your man. He'd had ugly exits at his recent clubs....Levy bought the line that 11 months of recharging and reflection had changed/improved Jose. Enough reasons to get him the job.

The reasons not to give him the job was..the man hiring him had a boner for him, Jose operates usually to a different remit than Levy would be able to offer (although was given a decent budget), finally, a leopard never changes its spots.

Jose ended pretty much how I thought it would.

We would have been better off keeping Poch BUT personally I don't think Poch was in a good place, he needed a break.

Think we need another Poch type coach with a DofF layer built in to deliver a club strategy that transcends coaches if need be. Levy sets the transfer and wage budgets and that's it, only then called upon if a special opportunity arises.(eg VDV)

Options 3 and 4 are more or less the same. Levy is never going to give up control of the financial aspects of transfers (and I wouldnt want him too), but I feel that a DoF would be helpful to oversee player identifcation part of transfers and all other footballing matters

I've had enough of how it is now
I want us to sell up to oil money or a country and we just go out and buy success
Do it "The Right Way"

Options 3 and 4 are more or less the same. Levy is never going to give up control of the financial aspects of transfers (and I wouldnt want him too), but I feel that a DoF would be helpful to oversee player identifcation part of transfers and all other footballing matters

This ..

- Levy is really good with money

Challenge

- We need someone to take the volume work (how do you get rid of players as example, this summer could be 10 out)
- The buys not only need to be good, they need to be in alignment with manager needs/plan

A DoF (originally a Levy idea many years ahead of rest of PL clubs) could definitely help.

I've had enough of how it is now
I want us to sell up to oil money or a country and we just go out and buy success
Do it "The Right Way"

Two honest posts in one thread .. the internet will break ..

Yep, money doping will get us what we want and protect the integrity of the English game (thank GHod the fans saved us from ESL so football is protected and City can go on to win their 4th cup in a row, 12th in less than ten years vs. 9 in previous hundred and thirty odd) /S for those who can't read tone.

I agree with your hindsight analysis:)

The Jose appointment was passable on two fronts. The narrative amongst many supporters is we lacked a winning meteorology and couldn't get over the line. So Jose is your man. He'd had ugly exits at his recent clubs....Levy bought the line that 11 months of recharging and reflection had changed/improved Jose. Enough reasons to get him the job.

The reasons not to give him the job was..the man hiring him had a boner for him, Jose operates usually to a different remit than Levy would be able to offer (although was given a decent budget), finally, a leopard never changes its spots.

Jose ended pretty much how I thought it would.

We would have been better off keeping Poch BUT personally I don't think Poch was in a good place, he needed a break.

Think we need another Poch type coach with a DofF layer built in to deliver a club strategy that transcends coaches if need be. Levy sets the transfer and wage budgets and that's it, only then called upon if a special opportunity arises.(eg VDV)

Not hindsight from me. In the hours after Poch's sacking, I was convinced (and probably proclaiming on here), that the only way it could ever turn out well was if we replaced him with a very similar version of him. And for me at that point in time that meant Nagelsmann or Ten Hag, who I still think are the two outstanding candidates (though I like Potter and Parker too).

I don't mean to sound smug about it. It's just that it did seem just as obvious at that point in time as it does now. Mourinho was always an anti-football dinosaur who'd just destroyed his two previous teams.

As much in the general emotion of losing matches or having a disappointing transfer window, I can't deny the hardwork the Levy and Enic have done for my club. They are building first with the infrastructure (training ground/stadium) and working to maximise as much as they can with things like the NFL so they are generally doing things right and in the right way not to bankrupt spurs which could happen if a sugar daddy comes in then loses interest. Its not about quick wins its about trying to build a sustaining platform which they have been doing.

Transfers have been hit and miss, but by all accounts its worked by committee and based on what finances the clubs have available with targets (and backups) agreed by the committee so on I guess the who is involved may need a refresh and maybe a DOF could help with that, maybe. Voted stay as is for now as big picture and taking out the incessant need for instant success i don't think we could do much better in terms of ownership and stewardship of the club then we have right now. They are not perfect, they make mistakes, but generally speaking its with the best interest of spurs at heart.

I would want us to continue with ENIC, but replace Hitchen with a DoF that has control of footballing matters but who works closely with Levy on transfers

But then again I couldn't see why us joining the ESL whilst still playing in the EPL would cause the destruction of grass roots football

Anyway, once we are allowed back into the stadiums we should see if the revenue streams can meet the projections and if so we should be good for a few years and we might even make ourselves attractive to some corporate/prince/hedge fund (delete as appropriate) to help level us up with the other cheat mode clubs

My answer depends on one pivotal question; will Levy and ENIC finally admit they don’t know what they’re doing from the football side of things and employ a DOF to run the football side of the operation? If the answer is no then I’ve had enough. I don’t trust them to pick the right manager, identify the right players and sign them in a timely manner and let players go even if we don’t get the perfect value for them as we end up keeping them for another 1-2 years, paying millions in wages anyway and they stick around like a bad smell.

If the penny finally drops and they cede control to people who know the game and let them get on with their jobs to a degree then I’d be happy to give them a chance to hire a DOF and give them at least two managerial appointments.

I don't think any of us know enough about transfers to be qualified to say if Hitchen is doing well or not. For example, we don't know which players are chosen by the manager, Levy, or other scouts etc. For all we know Hitchen just negotiates the deals, and maybe Levy has seen Hitchen secure some great deals. Does anyone know any different?

Overall the premise of the question is a little entitled. Ultimately are you a glass-half-full or empty person?

Last edited:
Reactions: DTA
I’m feeling rather pessimistic about it all. I think I’m with @markysimmo, I’m fed up with trying to do things organically whilst also being accused of having delusions of grandeur. It feels like the next manager joins us further way from top 4 since Ramos left, Levy really needs to pull a cat out of the bag otherwise I feel a lot of negativity will be swirling around new WHL next season. Hopefully
it’s lost cup final blues and we have a good finish to the season and some positive decisions in the summer, both with the manager (A really difficult decision imo) and transfers in and out.

I wonder if there is a correlation between those who wanted Poch out and those who want ENIC out. Careful what you wish for.

Last edited:
Back