• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Names that scare me:

Sarri
Martinez
Southgate

I have no love for Levy but am 99% certain he can't be that stupid...

Worry he'll go for Allegri but it won't pan out.

Names that scare me:

Sarri
Martinez
Southgate

None of them scare me as much as Mourinho did and he appointed him so...

Seems there's enough smoke to believe Nagelsmann is a goer imo

If these past few years have taught Levy that he needs to step back from football matters and hand the reigns to a DoF then we'll be all the better for it

I largely agree however the question is what the job description for the DoF would be. For example, can I see Levy handing off transfer negotiations to someone else? Not a chance given that transfers are a massive driver of the clubs financial position.

Therefore the DoF job, from a transfer perspective, is identification of players and I guess the argument would be that we have HItchen in that role already. So either:

1) transfers become only a minority part of the DoF role and the DoF has all the other things taking up his time (academy etc) in addition to transfers, and Hitchen works under a DoF. Hitchen is the main person to identify players, but the DoF oversees this and also contributes; or
2) Hitchen goes and is replaced by a DoF

We've done some very good deals in recent years, and also some very poor ones - suggests Hitchen is only average at his job?

Pretty spot on. They're doing fantastic, considering the quality of the individual players. Their attackers are C-grade at best. Sørloth, Youssuf Poulsen and Forsberg aren't exactly world beaters.
Outside of Upamecamo and Sabitzer, maybe Mukiele (not sure on him) I struggle to see who in that team would get a move to a top team. Even Sabitzer is being linked to us, not Bayern or other trule elite clubs.

They lost Werner and didn't spend big to replace him. We know full well how difficult it is to replace your best players.

He's used to working on a limited budget, focusing on younger players with potential and development. He has some experience working with top class players like Werner and Upamecamo. I'd argue more experience than Pochettino had when he came to us.

But of course how that translates to the PL, to Spurs, to our squad, that's difficult to predict.

Names that scare me:

Sarri
Martinez
Southgate

Na no chance to Allegri. Someone pointed out that Levy tends to veer from one style of manager to the opposite. It’s probably one of the few criticisms I’d have of him. No way he’s going for an Allegri or Benitez after Jose. Sarri does scare me though. Never liked him...can’t put my finger on it.

We've gone backwards as a team.. Age, succession etc.... so hitchen has done poorly
I largely agree however the question is what the job description for the DoF would be. For example, can I see Levy handing off transfer negotiations to someone else? Not a chance given that transfers are a massive driver of the clubs financial position.

Therefore the DoF job, from a transfer perspective, is identification of players and I guess the argument would be that we have HItchen in that role already. So either:

1) transfers become only a minority part of the DoF role and the DoF has all the other things taking up his time (academy etc) in addition to transfers, and Hitchen works under a DoF. Hitchen is the main person to identify players, but the DoF oversees this and also contributes; or
2) Hitchen goes and is replaced by a DoF

We've done some very good deals in recent years, and also some very poor ones - suggests Hitchen is only average at his job?

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

not done much, fairly old, would surprise me

Won Copa del Rey with Valencia
Won supercup with Bilbao
Made final of Copa del Rey two years in a row with Bilbao

All of those in last 4 years?

Known for developing players and attacking football, experience (Valencia, Sevilla, Villareal) but still 55

Back