• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Well done Levy! 20 years of work got us to the table.

Even seven years ago, Spurs would not have had a dream of being on this list.

Like it or not, he's doing the absolute best thing for the club.

When he took over as chairman, we were mediocre at best, with a squad filled mostly with meh players and a charming, yet worn down stadium with limited capacity. Europe was a dream, Champions League a utopia.

Fast forward 20 years, and we have one of the best stadiums in the world, we have world class training facilities, we have been regulars in Europe for a decade (and even reached a CL final), we have had several world class players grace our shirt and now we accompany the biggest and most successful clubs in a global super league.

It's been an astonishing journey from 2001 to where we are today. Remarkable, really.

I don't like the idea of a breakaway super league at all, but for Spurs as a brand and as a company this could cement a place among the elite for years to come.

That's on Levy.

You would have thought Levy gave Mourinho any choice as to whether to bring Bale back? If Mou would rather have spent the money on a defender, then it might explain much....

When he took over as chairman, we were mediocre at best, with a squad filled mostly with meh players and a charming, yet worn down stadium with limited capacity. Europe was a dream, Champions League a utopia.

Fast forward 20 years, and we have one of the best stadiums in the world, we have world class training facilities, we have been regulars in Europe for a decade (and even reached a CL final), we have had several world class players grace our shirt and now we accompany the biggest and most successful clubs in a global super league.

It's been an astonishing journey from 2001 to where we are today. Remarkable, really.

I don't like the idea of a breakaway super league at all, but for Spurs as a brand and as a company this could cement a place among the elite for years to come.

That's on Levy.

He has done a great job and we are where we are because of him, i disagree with this new move but we are in the position to be asked to go in it because of the work he has done over those 20 years.

If you read on Twitter it seams like all the players loved jose. Why sack him now? I never liked him as our manager but why now? Did Jose go crazy about the super League? It seams we dont have a plan for a new manager.. and only days before a final... strange and crazy

If you read on Twitter it seams like all the players loved jose. Why sack him now? I never liked him as our manager but why now? Did Jose go crazy about the super League? It seams we dont have a plan for a new manager.. and only days before a final... strange and crazy

If you read any arsehole’s leaving card then everybody liked them. In professional contexts, one is polite.

Curious - how many people's opinions of Levy and ENIC were changed by the events of the last few days?

Honestly, not trying to call anyone out. Do you feel now that ENIC are still the best custodians of this club, or is it time for a change?

Curious - how many people's opinions of Levy and ENIC were changed by the events of the last few days?

Honestly, not trying to call anyone out. Do you feel now that ENIC are still the best custodians of this club, or is it time for a change?

They are the owners. This “custodian” stuff is emotive spin to keep legacy fans sweet. Opinions unchanged here, anyway, and a change of ownership would either mean someone more rapacious or more morally compromised. We’re reasonably lucky with ENIC.

Done nothing wrong. Made sure we had a seat at the biggest table. There achievements in running the club are there for all to see. The next 5 years will be interesting.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Clearly that's what you're hoping for but that's because you've always been extremely bitter about Levy and Enic. I suspect most will forgive and forget on the basis he was seemingly never the instigator and had little choice given the club's massive debts. Had the breakaway succeeded without us we would have been royally fudged.

Clearly that's what you're hoping for but that's because you've always been extremely bitter about Levy and Enic. I suspect most will forgive and forget on the basis he was seemingly never the instigator and had little choice given the club's massive debts. Had the breakaway succeeded without us we would have been royally fudged.

Not about me, although I've always been open about how mediocre and utterly useless they are, and (to me) how little they care about the club. But this ESL stuff surprised even me.

More interested in what you folks think, honestly - so thanks for the input!

They are the owners. This “custodian” stuff is emotive spin to keep legacy fans sweet. Opinions unchanged here, anyway, and a change of ownership would either mean someone more rapacious or more morally compromised. We’re reasonably lucky with ENIC.

Fair enough, but imo, the real owners are the fans. A piece of paper means nothing in that regard - and if the government actually follow through with a 50+1 model for England, I'll be over the moon.

Not really changed.

Levy and ENIC will do what's best for them financially, a lot of the time that's aligned fairly will with what is best for the club. There will be times it's not and at those times I expect Levy and ENIC to do what's in their financial interests unless the financial gain is negligible.

Olympic stadium, ESL I guess are the big things.

I imagine nothing more from just about any owner at this level, unless there is fan control, which we won't get. I would imagine no better, or quite possibly worse from most potential new owners. This I don't want or look forward to a change of ownership.

Aside from that I rate Levy as a chairman, I accept that he has flaws, but looking around I think he's one of the better one's. A change would to me most likely be negative rather than positive overall. Thus I don't want it look forward to a change of chairman.

If Levy has to go over this I can only hope we get someone very good in. It's possible we get someone better, I won't argue with that, I just don't think that's the likely outcome.

I feel like we were lucky to have a house on the flight path and felt if we didn’t sell up it wouldn’t stop the runway being built.

Our neighbours would have suffered but no doubt they would have sold up to.
Now the development has been cancelled we need to get our house back in order as we’ve neglected it for a while.

Back