• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

Who are these people? Do you know what the audience will be to watch Spurs play Madrid streaming in Asia?

for every person that gets tired (I don't see it), there is target market in the billions (the point everyone is missing with taking about seats/stadium atmosphere)

Might miss the odd unique game, but I can also plan my yearly to Madrid/Milan/etc.
If interest for being in attendance drops to a problematic point, but TV revenue increases massively the fairly obvious solution would be to drop the ticket cost.

For the majority of clubs, for these games, I don't think attendance will be a real problem. There will be fans lost, but those in charge won't care as long as revenue goes up.

Not sure if this forum is in the minority but everywhere else all there seems to be is complete opposition to the idea.
Forums are, by their nature, more long form than most social media (if this even counts as social media).

That tends to bring with it people who are at the more thinky (official term) end of the scale than most others.

No chance in hell that the ESL gets off the ground. Biggest PR blunder since Deepwater Horizon.

The PR is a mess because it was not supposed to be launched on Sunday.
The Sunday Times got wind of it and news of it leaked.
So an announcement was rushed Sunday night.

20 mins on this on radio four, first headline on their news.
Does make me wonder what is really happening in the world that they don't want us to know about.
John Barnes made some good points.

No chance in hell that the ESL gets off the ground. Biggest PR blunder since Deepwater Horizon.
Do you think? Even if doesn't go ahead in the current guise, this is definitely the start of a massive shift to a new way football is structured. Bigger than when the PL was formed

EzbjbbuXoAYysh3

What good is an ESL if I can't moan about being beaten by Brighton/Wolves/Brentford in the cup etc. and find solace among my fellow Glory-Glory members. It is just not the same being beaten by Real/Barca/Inter.....

I think the point is, the national leagues are no longer fair or worth watching. You'd have a clear two-tier PL for example, with 5 clubs in their own league - non-figuratively. They would have more money every year regardless of owner, or footballing success.
That's already the case. As soon as it became clear that FFP couldn't work, we entered into a tiered system where we were on the wrong side. Nothing's changed except for the side we're on.

Ah the bastion of fair play and competition that is Pep Guardiola and Emirates Marketing Project. Ironically they probably don’t need the protectionism or the money but just want to fudge UEFA over for daring to question their financial doping.
Totally irrelevant post. Pep has nothing to with the finances of Emirates Marketing Project. It speaks volumes that both Pep and Klopp are using such strong words and opposes this idea.

Why, honest question .. outside of the fact that other clubs get fudged (collateral damage)

- You wouldn't be up for Madrid, Barca, Milan, Juve at the lane every season? you prefer Burnley?
Other clubs getting fudged is a massive reason why I'm totally against this. They're not fudging collateral, they have fans and histories and all the other brick which make them just as important as us

Other clubs getting fudged is a massive reason why I'm totally against Derp They're not fudging collateral, they have fans and histories and all the other brick which make them just as important as us

Whenever anything bad has happened to us, the rest of the football world has just pointed and laughed, fudge em.

Back