• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

Well Stop! Hammer time i guess but i know quite a lot of S/T holders and to a man they are all against the idea and not sure if they will continue with their support. All those fans who think its a great idea and good for the game i wonder what they would say IF we had not been one of the 6 teams included in it? i would imagine it would be a different opinion then the one they seem to be saying "i/we are all right Jack, fudge everyone else".

Yep, I probably would.

Wales and golf don't even make my list.

anything is better than the domestic cups

if the FA want to ban us from those as a punishment that would be bril... er... horrible, we'd hate that, please don't take those stupid... shiny... I mean shiny things away from us
And the kind of supporters who welcome the ESL would agree with you. But for many these domestic cups have provided the highlights of their years supporting Spurs. Beating Arsenal in an FA Cup Semi over some boring glorified friendly.

Well Stop! Hammer time i guess but i know quite a lot of S/T holders and to a man they are all against the idea and not sure if they will continue with their support. All those fans who think its a great idea and good for the game i wonder what they would say IF we had not been one of the 6 teams included in it? i would imagine it would be a different opinion then the one they seem to be saying "i/we are all right Jack, fudge everyone else".

No one thinks its a great idea for the game, its a great idea for Spurs

- So the option is -> take your winning lottery ticket or
- turn it down and trust the FA/UEFA/FIFA to do the right thing and hope we somehow survive as a competitive club?

Said it before, in a world you can't change, you can choose to lose or to win ..

The way the Super League teams could actually get fans on side is through a sensible and affordable subscription model.
All the games on one platform. A subscription deal to just watch your team's games.

Everyone hates paying for Sky, BT and Amazon

It's in the writing, clubs get 4 games on their own platform, a beginning.

No one thinks its a great idea for the game, its a great idea for Spurs

- So the option is -> take your winning lottery ticket or
- turn it down and trust the FA/UEFA/FIFA to do the right thing and hope we somehow survive as a competitive club?

Said it before, in a world you can't change, you can choose to lose or to win ..

Hell yeah, we'd be completely fudged, it would put us out of business.

Well at least you are both being honest with your answer, sad imo though.

The response to this from UEFA, the PL and government so far has been really poor - "we want to stop you leaving". Its pretty weak. None of them making the public case on why the current situation is better for the clubs than what the ESL is proposing. Just that they want to trap the clubs in

If the ESL want this to happen, they should press ahead with plans and release more and more details of what is going to happen, when, how etc etc etc

Not sure if this forum is in the minority but everywhere else all there seems to be is complete opposition to the idea.

you are listening to a media who is seeing their business interest being attacked (Sky/BT/etc. who have a vested interest in domestic and european cups that are instantly devalued), the rest are mostly fans of clubs that got left out or clubs (City/Bayern) who are in a closed shop anyway/already.

Lets see how many empty seats they really have, or how many sign up for the streaming of ESL, there is your poll.

The response to this from UEFA, the PL and government so far has been really poor - "we want to stop you leaving". Its pretty weak. None of them making the public case on why the current situation is better for the clubs than what the ESL is proposing. Just that they want to trap the clubs in

If the ESL want this to happen, they should press ahead with plans and release more and more details of what is going to happen, when, how etc etc etc

The ESL will happen, they have given enough details, 2 x 10 team groups, with 15 attendees already listed, H&A games, that's probably more detail than you have for next years CL at this point.

The answer was weak because they have no real leverage, you have 3 idiot organizations who at the best of times are incompetent, caught with their pants down responding to the biggest clubs in the world backed by billions who have had months to prepare for every legal/pr response.

Right now the ESL is in "let the brick blow over PR response stage" wait x number of weeks while the emotion burns itself out. Respond vigorously with legal to any real attempt by any of the parties to take real action.

The way the Super League teams could actually get fans on side is through a sensible and affordable subscription model.
All the games on one platform. A subscription deal to just watch your team's games.

Everyone hates paying for Sky, BT and Amazon

I don’t want to speak for all football fans of all clubs but I think they may have to do a bit more then just make it easier and cheaper to watch the games

you are listening to a media who is seeing their business interest being attacked (Sky/BT/etc. who have a vested interest in domestic and european cups that are instantly devalued), the rest are mostly fans of clubs that got left out or clubs (City/Bayern) who are in a closed shop anyway/already.

Lets see how many empty seats they really have, or how many sign up for the streaming of ESL, there is your poll.

And the rest of the media are either naturally anticapitalist (the Guardian wants to hang everyone involved from lampposts) or are lickspittle fellow travellers of the mendacious populists in government who steal anticapitalist clothing when it suits. So, yeah, not surprising they are all having a pop.

The ESL will happen, they have given enough details, 2 x 10 team groups, with 15 attendees already listed, H&A games, that's probably more detail than you have for next years CL at this point.

The answer was weak because they have no real leverage, you have 3 idiot organizations who at the best of times are incompetent, caught with their pants down responding to the biggest clubs in the world backed by billions who have had months to prepare for every legal/pr response.

Right now the ESL is in "let the brick blow over PR response stage" wait x number of weeks while the emotion burns itself out. Respond vigorously with legal to any real attempt by any of the parties to take real action.

Agree that UEFA have no leverage who are incompetent. Better though for the ESL to continue to put plans in place publicly to create an aire of inevitability about it IMO

Back